Mr Azal Jalgaonkar

Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with special interest in Adult Hip and Knee Surgery Consultant Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon Hip Impingement and Young Adult Hip Surgery Minimally invasive surgery Primary and Revision Joint replacement Surgery Sports Injuries Arthritis

27th April 2018
Written by a patient at Frimley Park Hospital

Brilliant operation, brilliant surgeon. Back to football training after 5 weeks, back to playing 6 a side competitively after 14 weeks I am now walking 7 miles comfortably, playing table tennis competitively, and dancing, all without any hip pain. I talked to Mr Jalgaonkar before my operation, about my expectations regarding my exercise levels afterwards and he assured me it would be ok. He gave me the confidence to carry on doing the thing I love doing!

30th January 2018
Written by a patient at Frimley Park Hospital

Mr Jalgaonkar carried out my hip replacement operation during October 2017 at Frimley Park Hospital. He was very friendly, understanding and professional - he explained everything clearly and he and the team were very thorough regarding my needs and concerns (I am 81 years of age). I cannot thank Mr Jalgaonkar enough for his surgical expertise as I was up and walking (albeit with crutches) the following day and discharged within 3 days. Following the aftercare routine I cannot believe how quick my recovery was - I was walking unaided within 3 weeks and was discharged from Physiotherapist (I only had 2 visits). My mobility is great and I am now free of the pain and mobility restrictions I have had for many years. My family and I cannot thank him enough.

18th January 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital

I saw Mr Jalgaonkar for a consultation last year. He explained what was wrong with my knee in easy to understand terms, and he listened to what I had to say. He said that he could help me, and help me he did. He operated on my knee in November 2017. I walked out of the hospital better than I had walked in earlier that same day. I had no complications resulting from the surgery I'm pleased to say, and although my knee can still be a bit sore at times it is massively better than before the surgery took place. I do need a new knee, but I need to carry on with this one until I am older because replacement knees have a shelf life. When the time comes, I have no hesitation in saying that I would like Mr Jalgaonkar to be the one sorting me out!

9th December 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Clare Park Hospital

In June 2016 my left knee became swollen, stiff with severe pain. With a 30 year history and numerous operations it was no surprise. I went for a consultation with Mr Jalgaonker in September. He decided the knee had such severe arthritis that a total knee replacement was the best solution. This was no surprise as a consultant in Spain 4 years ago had indicated that but as I was only 49 gave me a cortisone which helped until now. Mr Jalgaonker told me the arthritis had got so severe a cortisone would not be the solution. In October I had my knee replacement, which also needed a screw to be removed from previous acl construction. I arrived at Clare Park Hospital and was in surgery within a couple of hours. After a 2.5 hour op I came round and the nurse showed me the operation details and clearly informing me there were no complications ( a first in my knee history ). I was walking on crutches the next day, discharged the day after. 10 days later was on 1 crutch, walking unaided in 2 weeks, walking up and down stairs normally in 4 weeks. I am now 6 weeks post op and am amazed at my recovery. I am disciplined with the physio and working hard to strengthen all the surrounding muscles. I have had around 6 knee operations in 30 years and most have had complications. Mr Jagaonker is definitely the orthopedic surgeon I would recommend. He is young and instilled confidence in me from the outset and my final result so far I think is exceptional

8th September 2017
Written by a carer at Frimley Park Hospital

Mr Jalgaonkar went above and beyond for my disabled daughter who has been struggling to walk. He made sure every medical area was covered and made many suggestions one being vitamin D which has stopped her having "achy bones". I highly recommend this caring and knowledgeable consultant.

Short link to review Mr Azal Jalgaonkar: http://iwgc.net/egeem