mr-avi-agrawal

23rd July 2021

I was referred to Mr Agrawal by my GP, and I found him to be a very professional and understanding doctor who explained everything and was very easy to talk to. I highly recommend this doctor.

22nd July 2021

Mr Agrawal is a highky skilled surgeon who did an excellent mastectomy and reconstruction for me. He has the best inter personal skills of any surgeon I have come across. He treated me like an intelligent indivdual and I felt he took the time to get to know me and helped me make the the right decisions for me. He made me feel like I was in control and I cannot express how much that helped me through such a scary time. The aftercare given has been excellent and simply could not recomend him highly enough. There is nothing other than cloning himself which could improve on his level of care.,

20th July 2021

I attended an appointment with Mr Agrawal for a check up, and, as always, he impressed me with his friendly professionalism and approachability. He answered questions knowledgeably and in detail, and gave me great confidence that should I develop problems expert help would be at hand.

20th July 2021

Dr Agrawal has been my breast consultant for the past seven years I had my first mastectomy & reconstruction in my right breast by him, I was so scared, his approach is very calm, kind and professional, the operation went very well, his knowledge and attention to detail is second to none, and I was very pleased with the result, the follow up care is very professional he has a very friendly and reassuring manner. I was diagnosed recently with stage 3 breast cancer in my left breast, devastated by the news again I was reassured by his caring and professional approach which makes you feel you can get though this again I had a lumpectomy this time. The operation again went very smoothly the attention to detail was amazing which resulted into minimal scaring. I cannot express my gratitude the how much I appreciate the caring attitude and support I received and am receiving from Dr Agrawal, I would highly recommend Dr Agrawal and his very caring and supportive team. Thank you

25th June 2021

Practical professional and empathetic.

Mr Avi Agrawal was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

As a fully trained Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon, I carry out regular diagnostic fast track breast clinics and a full range of breast surgery, including sentinel node biopsy with intra-operative analysis, oncoplastic surgery and breast reconstruction. I also have a special interest in and undertake surgery for skin cancer. I graduated from the London Hospital Medical College, University of London. My general surgical training was based around several centres of excellence in managing breast diseases, including The Royal Marsden Hospital where I developed oncoplastic techniques to optimise the cosmetic outcome of breast surgery. I have always been interested in cancer surgery, and as part of my higher surgical training at the University College London, I was awarded a master's degree for my research into Gene Therapy for the prevention and treatment of cancer. In 2007 I was appointed Consultant Surgeon at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust. I have been the Clinical Lead/Head of department for the Breast and Endocrine Surgery and Surgical Oncology department for Portsmouth for over 10 years. I have also chaired and lead the Breast Multidisciplinary Team at Queen Alexandra Hospital for over 7 years. I am the Surgical Lead for breast screening cancers and also the Joint Regional Lead for breast cancer for Wessex. I am the Lead Trainer for the Portsmouth National Oncoplastic Fellowship Program and have helped many trainees develop their skills for their consultant career.

Nearest Hospital Doctors