Mr Asit Arora

• Otolaryngology

« 1 2 3 4 »

24th November 2016
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr.Arora was my surgeon and successfully treated my thyroid cancer. During the whole period from detection to surgery and then post-surgery check-ups, Mr.Arora has been a beacon of confidence and excellence in care and delivery. What I found very helpful and reassuring is that he would always tell me what I needed to know in plain language and in a forthright manner. At the same time, he was very thorough and professional and did a fantastic job. He has been very respectful throughout, taking my input seriously and working with me, rather than just "instructing" me. Mr.Arora's confidence and positive attitude gave me confidence and strength, which allowed me to go through the journey in the best possible state of mind. I genuinely trusted him with my life and I would not have had it any other way. Mr.Arora genuinely tried at all times to understand what I was feeling and experiencing, physically and emotionally, and communicated that understanding to me and my partner. He was truly caring, compassionate and kind, to a level that surpassed our best expectations. He was interested in me as a human being and not just as a patient, he truly interacted with me and my partner and remembered me and my family as individuals. He is a genuinely caring human being, an excellent doctor and a true embodiment of the Hippocratic oath and ethics!

24th November 2016
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Dr Arora was wonderful! He had a lovely nature and I genuinely felt that he cared about my well-being as his patient and that I was at the central focus of each meeting. He explained everything at every stage in great detail and allowed me to process the conversation and ask any questions. Dr Arora has a reassuring 'open door' policy where he gave permission for me to come back to him if I have any concerns. Even now that I have had surgery, he still is open to that. I can honestly say that you will feel at ease in his presence and under his care. He is clearly very knowledgeable about his field of work and whilst rising up the ranks, hasn't gained a level of arrogance that some medics seem to develop. He is very down to earth with no airs and graces and someone who gives as much time as necessary to each of his patients. Ask for him in person!

10th November 2016
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I have been under the care of St George's for many years and always had excellent treatment. Mr Arora has been carrying out my regular checks and when, most recently, I had had been battling a long period of infection in the ear where I have a perforation I found his approach both sympathetic and helpfully informative. He discussed the options available together with their pros and cons but also gave clear advice as to what he considered was the right treatment path for me. I liked the fact that he looked for ways to manage my condition rather than rushing into a second operation to patch the perforation. He provided me with a prescription which I can use as soon as there is any sign of the infection returning so that I do not have any delay in waiting to see a GP. He also wrote to my GP and informed the surgery that they should not hesitate to refer me straight back to him should there be a flare up. I feel very comfortable with this whole approach and, with the added benefit of Mr Arora being very friendly and encouraging would not hesitate to ask him anything should I have concerns either about my condition or the treatment options available to me. How fortunate we are to have such people working for our care in a National Health Service. We lose or degrade it at our peril.

1st October 2015
Written by a patient at The Royal Free Hospital

I had external septurhinoplasty And everything went perfect.

1st October 2015