mr-asif-parkar

Written by a NHS patient at Spire London East Hospital
7th December 2022

I’m very greatfull & fortunate to have found Mr Parkar. Very knowledgeable, professional, clear & precise, patient friendly who I’m very pleased to have operating on my knees. I have found that Mr Parkar has gone beyond reasonable duty to help and explain surgery & recovery procedure, which I am very greatfull for & have found very useful. I have recommended Him to numerous potential patients. If asked I would be very pleased to recommend Mr. Parkar to any person that is faced with the decision of who to have operate on their knees. A great ambassador for his profession. Thank you for all you have done to help me .

6th December 2022

Mr Parkar has been brilliant throughout my knee replacement. He is caring and listens , I was dreading the op but am so pleased I’ve had it done. It really is a game changer - nine weeks in and I’m swimming a mile a week and walking my dog. Amazing.

6th December 2022

Helped me feel relaxed, clearly explained my problem to me and what needed to be done to rectify the issue. Feel so much better after the operation!

6th December 2022

I was very impressed by Mr Parkars advice and information given to me prior to my total knee replacement. I had the operation at the beginning of October in the Spire hospital Brentwood. It is now 8 weeks later…. I am free of pain and enjoying walking and swimming again.. I cannot recommended him enough.

Written by a NHS patient at Queen's Hospital
3rd December 2022

Dr asif placed in his care and my welfare. Thanks to him he forced me in making a decision about health. Stopping smoking. Thank you. Change my life.

Mr Asif Parkar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Asif Parkar (MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (T&O)
Consultant surgeon in Trauma & Orthopaedics

Specialist interests (Knee & Hip)
Sports knee injuries (meniscal management, ACL, multi-ligament injuries)
Patella instability (MPFL & extensor mechanism realignment)
Joint preservation surgery (Osteotomy)
Total Hip replacement through direct anterior approach (DAA)
Partial (UNI), primary and revision hip and knee replacement

Mr Parkar was trained through the prestigious Royal London Trauma & Orthopaedic training rotation programme. He has done fellowships at the Barts health NHS trust, London, Guy’s and St. Thomas’s NHS foundation trust, London and a north American fellowship based in Calgary. These are level one trauma centres and tertiary referral centre for complex Orthopaedic procedures.

His NHS practice is based at Queen’s Hospital and King George Hospital, London. His practice is mainly focussed around sports knee injuries, ligament reconstruction and computer assisted joint replacement for patients with existing deformities. He is one of the few surgeons in the country with fellowship training in performing hip replacement through direct anterior approach. He is also the infection control lead for the department.

He has been actively involved in research and has published his work in several peer reviewed journals. He has a degree in computer and robotic assisted joint replacement. He has a holistic and evidence based approach towards patients care.

Short link to review Mr Asif Parkar: http://iwgc.net/eg3lv