Mr Ashwin Unnithan

Mr Unnithan is a Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon with expertise in hip and knee arthroplasty including revision arthroplasty. He completed his specialist surgical training on the South-West London rotation during which time he completed a trauma fellowship in New Zealand. He has undertaken further sub-specialty training with fellowships at the Bristol hip unit and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital. He has published a number of papers in peer reviewed journals and presented at international meetings in Europe and the US. He was awarded first prize for his presentation at the British Trauma Society meeting in 2014. His specialist clinical interests include Total Hip replacements, Young Total Hip Replacements, Revision Hip replacements, Total Knee Replacements, Unicompartmental knee replacement, Osteotomies, Knee arthroscopy and meniscal repair.

« 1 2 3 4 »

11th December 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Rushed into a/e with swollen knee and very hot. When I was seen i had an infection sepsis. When to swan ward next morning I went to theatre knee cut open washed out had my replacement knee taken out. The sepsis had been eating my bone away so had blocks put in and also had to wear abrace on to keep my leg straight. Seven weeks later went back in. Back to theatre opened up again blocks all removed. Then I had the bones built up again and had a hinged knee put in then 52 staples later .had another brace put on to keep straight for three weeks.mr unnithan was very good at telling all that went on. Gave us his card so if worried about anything we could speak to him. He was so kind and looks after me very well. Thank you so much.now the pain I can control very well and an now bend my knee and walking very well.

3rd December 2017
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

I am 83 and had a severely arthritic hip. Dr Unnithan operated on my hip in September 2017. He couldn't have been more caring and knowledgeable. He filled me with confidence. The operation was a complete success and within 12 days I could walk half a mile almost unaided. I would highly recommended him. I was discharged after five weeks and I'm now completely without pain.

28th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Mr Unnithan, has a lovely manner about him , helpful , kind , does all he can to sort your problems out , I would go back to him , he has helped me so much with a very bad broken right wrist, which is healing well . A pleasure to see him at my appointmens.

14th November 2017
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

In July 2017, I ruptured my Achilles Tendon whilst playing tennis. The Consultant Surgeon was Mr Unnithan. From the first meeting I had with Mr Unnithan through to 17 weeks post-op, I have found him to be very reassuring, informative and extremely personable. I would highly recommend Mr Unnithan for any form of Orthopedic Surgery.

14th November 2017
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

I recently had a THR revision with Dr Unnithan and the whole experience with him has been great. He takes his time to explain everything to me all the risks involved and what the outcome could be. The operation went well it was a very complex surgery as my old hip replacement did not go well and he had a lot of trouble taking the old hip out, my bone had to be broken in order for the old hip to to be taken out. Dr Unnithan has been great to me throughout the whole time before, during and after the operation he has all the knowledge and skills and he is a great Doctor i would highly recommend him and trust him. Thank you again Dr Unnithan!

« 1 2 3 4 »