Mr Ashvin Pimpalnerkar

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

16th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital

My initial diagnosis was with the NHS and it was suggested that I use my private medical insurance for routine surgery on my knee as this would be quicker. Mr Pimpalnerkar was keen to speak about himself during the initial consultation seeming dismissive of me and my needs. I am not confident that he ever looked at my MRI before he operated, instead he booked me in and went ahead with the procedure. I had a great deal of pain following the surgery and wasn't able to walk confidently for over a year. Although I returned to Spire on a number of occasions to express my concerns, Mr Pimpalnerkar first gave me a steroid injection and subsequently told me that there was nothing wrong with me and that I should choose to believe this. I found out from my physio that I had actually undergone a different procedure than the one I had booked in for and that my recovery was likely to be very lengthy. Two years on from my operation I still struggle with my leg getting very cold, I still suffer pain and I am unable to kneel down.

17th February 2014
Written by a patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital

I had a cartridge graft with Mr Ashvin Pimpalnerkar in 2012 and whilst he considers it to be a complete success and his reaction to my restricted movement and pain is to say it was normal and to do more exercise, I have on several occasions post op said I was unhappy but I feel I was not listened to and that I had just become a statistic and as Mr Pimpalnerkar see's it a successful one but it hasn't been a success in my view and I feel that he has been in denial as I assume it would impact on his success rate. I am currently looking at options to remedy my problem but not with Mr Pimpalnerker.

Short link to review Mr Ashvin Pimpalnerkar: http://iwgc.net/ee8me