Mr Ashutosh Acharya was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2024 for delivering outstanding care.

Written by a NHS patient at Cheshire and Merseyside NHS Treatment Centre
15th February 2023

Gave an open and honest opinion of the surgery required. Explained in detail what would happen and what would be required post operation. I had a partial knee replacement and 18 months on I am delighted with the outcome.

Written by a NHS patient at Cheshire and Merseyside NHS Treatment Centre
25th January 2023

I first met Mr acharya in the January 2022 and he did state that a total hip replacement was required. Move on to November 2022 when the surgery was done. He has a calm demeanour which puts you act ease and very softly spoken, on the day of the surgery he went through what he was going to do and if I had any questions but at this time i was at the point of no return and just wanted it to be sorted and I think I asked him no questions but if I had any he would of answered them. Over the next few days he came and seen me. Move onto 25 January when I went to the local hospital for my post op. I did ask him a few questions in which he answered. I would like to thank Mr acharya for giving me a chance to function again without pain

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital
13th January 2023

I met this Doctor through NHS via The Spire hospital Stretton.He checked my X-rays and scans.Then he told me he could help me . I was in a lot of pain and could not walk very far due to a torn cartilage. Imagine those words I can help you.Several months later he did help me. I had the surgery on the 1st December.My follow up was today 13th January.He showed me photos after surgery and explained what he had done. My knee is much better a slight ache that’s all. I can start walking again. Well done to Mr Ashutosh Acharya. I cannot thank you enough.Also to Spire Hospital. Thomas Pearson a very grateful pensioner.

Written by a private patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital
10th January 2023

In mid October, 2022 I finally had my second knee replaced due to osteoarthritis. I had been told in December 2020, following knee xrays, that the knee was bad enough to be done as soon as it could be arranged. However because the country was in the throes of the covid-19 pandemic I was determined to leave it for as long as I could, in the hope that by the time I was desperate, the pandemic would be having significantly less effect on the hospitals and that there would be far fewer covid transmissions. By the summer of 2022 I was struggling to walk any distance at all, so early in August I requested an appointment at the Spire Cheshire with a knee consultant and I met Mr. Acharya for the first time. He was delightful from the word go - friendly, professional, caring and very clear in his explanations of what was happening and what needed to be done. He answered all my questions fully and although I felt stupid for having delayed the procedure for so long, at no point was Mr Acharya critical about, nor make any judgment about how long I had allowed myself to be disabled! I trusted him completely from that first meeting. When he came to see me just prior to the surgery he was again friendly and reassuring. One of the things I am most grateful to him for, was listening to 2 requests I had about the operation. The first was a request about the medication I would be having during the op. which I had mentioned to the anaesthetist and which it transpired Mr Archarya had already agreed to. My second request was a far less common one about the operation which he discussed with me and which, to his great credit - and my eternal gratitude - he also agreed to, although I am sure he would definitely have preferred not to! I had my final appointment with him at the end of November and we are both delighted with the operation and my subsequent progress. I was able to walk normally almost immediately after the operation and I have also had an unusually good range of movement in my knee from very early on. For all these reasons I would not hesitate to request to see Mr Archarya again for any knee or hip problem I might be having and I would - and already have - recommend him to other people needing an excellent Hip or Knee Consultant.

Written by a private patient at Spire Cheshire Hospital
9th January 2023

I saw Mr Acharya after a skiing accident left me with damage to my ACL, MCL and meniscus. Surgery was required on the MCL and meniscus, and I cannot recommend Mr Acharya highly enough. He is caring, knowledgeable, patient, kind, courteous and interested in the patient, their lifestyle and activities. I was discharged today after all his good work and, although I hope I never need to, I would contact him in a heartbeat should I have an injury requiring his expertise.

I am a Trauma and Orthopaedic consultant working at Warrington, Cheshire. I specialise in surgery of hip and knee. I perform total hip replacement, total knee replacement and keyhole surgery of knee including ACL reconstruction. I take pride in the quality of care given to my patients and am fortunate to have excellent team of staff to support me. I hope you find we meet with your expectations and wish you well on your road to recovery!