Mr Ashok Handa

18th November 2016
Written by a carer at The John Radcliffe

This doctor is poorly informed and could not give the patient meaningful dietary advceto control herchlesterol. He was aggressive and rude to a medical student and junior doctor in my presence. He should be avoided as he is not worthy of the profession.

17th November 2016
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

Mr Handa was poorly informed telling me I should give up red meat when I only eat it once a week. What about cheese and all the other high fat products including bakery. Does he not know about the role of saturated fats and hereditory factors. He has missed the last twenty years of research on the importance of the impact of diet on cholesterol. In front of me he was beligerant and demeaning to a medical student and junior doctor. He was rude to me personally in my role as patient telling that I should not ask questions until he had finished speaking. In fact, he was rude, dismissive, and aggressive toward me.

29th June 2014
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

Some years ago the Urology Department at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon discovered that I had a massive aortic aneurysm. They referred me to Mr Ravi Singh Ranger a specialist in vascular surgery at the hospital. Mr Singh Ranger was supportive and candid in his approach and explained that the problem was acute and that he might not be able to complete the process owing to dangers involved. Being fully aware of the dangers of not having an operation and the risks involved of having the operation I agreed to his continuing with the process. The problems he encountered could not be addressed at that time so he was unable to complete the operation and had to abort in mid process. There followed a period when a number of well-known hospitals would take on my case and complete the process as to do so could have resulted in my demise. Mr Singh Ranger persevered and finally arranged an appointment for me at Oxford with Mr Ashosk Handa. I had total faith in Mr Handa who undertook an operation that required the highest skills and that took close to 8 hours to complete. Without the skill of the Urology team at Swindon, Mr Ravi Singh Ranger and Mr Ashok Handa and his colleagues at the Churchill Hospital I would not have survived. Of all the support I received it was the treatment by Mr Handa and his team at the John Radcliffe Hospital that have given me a high quality of life when most expected to hear of my demise.

Short link to review Mr Ashok Handa: http://iwgc.net/ed396