Mr Ashish Pradhan

I am a Consultant Subspecialist Urogynaecologist. I offer the full range of treatment options for all urogynaecological conditions including advanced keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery and ambulatory (office or outpatient) procedures. I believe that success of treatment can only be judged by the patients themselves. Hence all my patients are requested to fill self-reported and validated quality of life questionnaires, prior to, and few months after surgery. Audit of these questionnaires has shown that my patients are very happy with the outcome and improvement in their quality of life. I also proactively audit my surgical outcomes and complications using the British Society of Urogynaecology database. This shows I have a very low complication rate which is well within the nationally accepted standard for all procedures. Urogynaecological conditions such as prolapse and urinary leakage, though not life threatening, have a significant negative impact on a person’s quality of life and are also embarrassing. I believe in building a good rapport with all my patients so that I can adequately explain and discuss all the options for treatment and ultimately do my best to improve their quality of life.

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

21st November 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I felt instantly at ease and able to discuss my symptoms, which is not easy when they are of a personal nature. The clinic ran on time which again is important to me as work commitments can be pressing. All my options were explained fully and I felt under no pressure or coercion to choose, the decision was entirely mine. I had a good range of options but with the knowledge I could return should these not be successful. I would definitely recommend Mr Pradhan.

16th November 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I first saw Mr Pradhan in clinic in July 2016. He listened and took a brief history, examined me and immediately explained the procedure he would recommend, following this up by providing me with a copy of his letter to my GP. At the clinic appointment, Mr Pradhan gave me full written information about the proposed operative procedures and, on request, an indication of the expected pre-op waiting time. I was operated on within the timescale indicated and received excellent and, I felt, personalised care immediately pre and post op. Everything I had been led to expect was carried out with utmost professional care and expertise. I am so impressed with the organisation of this department and I am truly grateful for the outcome they have achieved for me.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists