Mr Ashish Gupta

Mr Gupta is a Practicing General and Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeon in Surrey. He works in Epsom- St Helier Hospital as a consultant. His private practice is mainly based at St Anthony Hospital in Cheam and Ashtead Hospital. His main areas of interests include haemorrhoids, rectal bleeding or pain, colonoscopy, polyp removal, bowel surgery including key hole surgery for bowel cancer, diverticular disease and inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn’s disease. He also performs General Surgery like hernia repair, and acute cases like appendicitis. Mr Gupta is a member of Association of ColoProctology of Great Britain and Ireland (ACPGBI). He is regarded highly for his low complication rates and high level of patient satisfaction.

11th April 2019
Written by a patient at Epsom General Hospital

Mr Gupta is a lovely , kind , caring surgeon . I had a an operation to remove cancer from my colon in 2014 , my surgeon was Mr Gupta . I had the operation on a Saturday morning . Before 8o"clock on the Sunday morning Mr Gupta came to see how I was . I was very impressed . All the way through each appointment Mr Gupta was kind and reassuring . He explained exactly what would happen in a way that was not frightening . Also the scar that was left is hardly noticeable . Mr Gupta answered any questions I had , even silly ones without making me feel stupid . His calm manner made me feel braver and less scared .

11th April 2019
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

I have had a number of procedures recently and I can honestly say I have never felt more comfortable and confident than I did with Dr Gupta. He is meticulous, understanding and thorough. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Gupta

2nd April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I have used the surgical services of several leading consultants for various medical procedures. I have no hesitation in saying that the colorectal services provided to me by Ashish Gupta were second to none and I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of colorectal investigation and surgical services generally. From diagnosis of my bowel tumour, through to surgery and subsequently, the advice given to me by Mr Gupta was invaluable as were the timely updates he provided to me on my medical condition, some by way of telephone calls to my home, thus allaying my fears and anxieties at what was a very trying time for me and my family. I have been in remission from my bowel cancer for in excess of 3 years now and I very much attribute this to the skills and professionalism of Mr Gupta. He scored over other consultants I have used in the past, by helping me make important decisions by placing himself in my shoes and suggesting what course of action he would personally take under the same circumstances. I am indebted to Ashish Gupta to this day and I am pleased to say that he continues to monitor me.

26th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I had a Hernia operation performed by Dr Gupta. Over my 76 years I have had several operations on my Lung,Heart ,Hernia ,Hand,Eye carried out by Eminent Surgeons but Dr Gupta was by far the best Surgeon I have ever experienced he done a magnificent job,he is very caring explained the procedure and instilled great confidence in me. He is a very good listener and has a very easy bedside manner. If I or my Family or friends need medical care that he can operate on then I would have no hesitation in asking him for his help. This Doctor is one in a MILLION.

10th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Mr Ashish Gupta explained everything thoroughly and answered all my questions regarding my hernia operation and the care I received was brilliant. Thank you to Mr Gupta and all the staff who looked after me that day.

Short link to review Mr Ashish Gupta: http://iwgc.net/eggah