Mr Ashish Gupta

Mr Gupta is a Practicing General and Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeon in Surrey. He works in Epsom- St Helier Hospital as a consultant. His private practice is mainly based at St Anthony Hospital in Cheam and Ashtead Hospital. His main areas of interests include haemorrhoids, rectal bleeding or pain, colonoscopy, polyp removal, bowel surgery including key hole surgery for bowel cancer, diverticular disease and inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn’s disease. He also performs General Surgery like hernia repair, and acute cases like appendicitis. Mr Gupta is a member of Association of ColoProctology of Great Britain and Ireland (ACPGBI). He is regarded highly for his low complication rates and high level of patient satisfaction.

17th September 2019
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I can’t express how grateful I am for doctor’s Gupta care. He helped me when I have had post labour anal fissure. My GP was helpless and Mr. Gupta prescribed me the ointment which healed me. Thank you ever so much again for your help.

6th July 2019
Written by a carer at Epsom General Hospital

Mr Gupta carried out a Bowel Cancer surgery on my dear husband in January 2018. The diagnosis of the condition in December 2017 introduced a most unexpected challenge in our family. Having a very kind, caring and competent surgeon like Mr Gupta to work on our case made things a lot easier to go through. From the first day we met Mr Gupta pre-surgery up to date, he has been such a helpful person. Before and after the surgery, he took time to very patiently explain what was to happen, what happened, and way forward. His empathy with the patient, confidence displayed in the way he handled the case, genuine interest in the patient and many more are qualities that my husband and I saw in Mr Ashish Gupta. He even came to visit my husband at the weekend in hospital after the surgery. Mr Gupta genuinely cares about the well being of his patients, his wealth of experience in the field, yet down to earth attitude all helped to make the experience less stressful for us. Mr Gupta, you are amazing and we are so grateful to you for how you walked through the horrible experience with us and re-assuring us all the way. Thank you for your patience in answering all my many questions even though I was not your direct patient. My husband and I appreciate all you and your team did for us, your skillful and competent support was invaluable. The Registrar, all the specialist nurses, anaesthetist, and everyone in your team, you were all fantastic and very hard working. Thank you so much and Best wishes

12th June 2019
Written by a patient at Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Dr Gupta had a genuine interest in my health, and I would not think twice about approaching him should I ever have the need.

9th June 2019
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

Mr Gupta is an amazing and a very experienced surgeon-physician, yet he is so down to earth. He explained everything about my procedure in great detail and clarified everything in a manner that was easy to understand. He listened with patience and answered all my questions and concerns with great empathy which instilled much confidence in me. During my stay in the hospital following my operation, he made a point of visiting me every day without fail which shows that he genuinely cares for his patients. I really admire the amount of hard work and dedication he and his team have shown. Thanks to Mr. Gupta and his team my surgery was successful and now the laparoscopy scars are hardly visible. From diagnosis through to post-surgery his advice was invaluable as were the timely updates he provided to me on my medical condition. This really allayed my fears and anxieties at a very difficult time for me and my family. Mr. Gupta has gained my full respect and admiration as a very skilful and highly competent clinician. He helped me to make very important decisions by placing himself in my position when giving advice suggesting what he would do if he was in my shoes. I am indebted to Mr. Ashish Gupta to this day. I would not hesitate in recommending Mr. Gupta for colorectal surgery as I feel he is one of the best surgeons in his field.

13th May 2019
Written by a patient at Epsom General Hospital

From moment of arrival on the morning of my operation this doctor explained clearly my procedure and the after care and my recovery time . He was attentive and the nurses and registrar were fantastic . They all worked together and supported me overall . Highly recommend this doctor as he actually gives time to his patients and nothing was rushed .

Short link to review Mr Ashish Gupta: http://iwgc.net/eggah