mr-arunmoy-chakravorty

Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
24th September 2019

I was diagnosed with ER+PR+ breast cancer in July after a misdiagnosis on the NHS. Naturally, I arrived in Mr Chakravorty's consulting room as a very anxious patient who had a loss of trust in the medical profession. However, Mr Chakravorty completely put my mind at ease by thoroughly completing all further tests and listening patiently to all of my concerns. He always made me feel that he had time for me and that he cared very much that my mind was put at ease. In August he performed a skin saving mastectomy with immediate implant reconstruction and lymph node removal; I am really happy with the results. Having small, dense breasts with very little body fat my surgery was technically very challenging however the result he has achieved is exceptional! I am really happy with the look and feel of my breast. It would be impossible to find a surgeon who is more technically gifted or more caring towards his patients. He is a real life superhero!

8th October 2019
Response from Mr Arunmoy Chakravorty

Really overwhelmed ! I am happy that I could step in at a time when you were going through this difficult journey. The real life hero is you , standing tall with a smile in these very challenging times.

Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
8th September 2019

Dr Arunmoy Chakravorty is the genuine healer of cancer patients.. right diagnosis is very necessary which is perfectly done by doctor and professional team. I feel that Dr. arunmoy Chakravorty is a very experienced and friendly doctor. I had consulted him for a second opinion of my breast cancer diagnosis he has nicely explained the problem, treatment and the process of the treatment to us. Dr. Arunmoy Chakravorty has been a ray of hope for us. I was suffering from shortness of breath, not able to swallow my food, had lots of backache and going through a lot of pain. We were helpless and running from pillar to post. Discussed the problem with our NHS team but they kept us saying it’s because of anxiety as I have been diagnosed with cancer and have had surgery. Somehow I wasn’t happy with the outcome of NHS doctors. So that’s when me and my husband decided to see doctor arunmoy. We went with all our post lumpectomy reports, discussed in detail with Dr. Arunmoy Chakravorty. He listened to all our problems very patiently and suggested few tests. Right away I underwent right axilla scan which was normal hence one problem solved and we were little relaxed. Next day I underwent CT scan which showed tiny lung nodules and then immediately he referred to PET-CT scan for a better picture. My heart felt thanks to doctor.. only because he listened to us and referred to CT & PET-CT scan we came to know about nodules in the lungs. Otherwise we would have been worried all the time in thinking about it. We got great extent of relief. It is always advisable to see only the best & experienced cancer specialist/surgeon because only proper treatment can overcome cancer. I feel happy now that we took the decision to see Dr. Arunmoy Chakravorty. He was very patient in listening to our concerns. He guided us at everystep. I genuinely wanted to take further treatment by him but we don’t drive and we live very far from the hospital & I was looking out-for rent houses near his hospital so doctor suggested not to do that at this time. In fact he himself suggested more hospitals, doctors near our area. He made sure we are in the right place for treatment and he provided all the care and support during our visit and after. Only a very genuine doctors can do this job

26th September 2019
Response from Mr Arunmoy Chakravorty

Thanks a lot for your very emotive and constructive feedback.

Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital
5th September 2019

I had an ongoing breast pain which was persistently in the same are over a few years. Was seen by my GP and local hospital. It still persisted and because my breasts were difficult to check as they were large,it did worry me somewhat. I arranged to see Mr Chakravorty at my local BMI Hospital, Clementine Churchill. He examined my breasts and reassured my that he thought there was nothing to be concerned with but it was best for me to have a mammogram and ultrasound as it was about two and a half years since the last mammogram. This was done and reported upon by a consultant radiologist all in a really short space of time. Luckily it was all without abnormalities. He gave me good advice about management ie taking Evening Primrose Capsules and maybe going for this service in between mammogram screening as my breasts are so difficult to check ,if I so wished. He was a really professional and understanding physician and I would not hesitate to recommend him to others. I would be really happy to seek his help again if I needed to.

28th September 2019
Response from Mr Arunmoy Chakravorty

Very reassuring and helpful feedback. Will strive to provide high quality evidence based care.

Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
15th July 2019

I saw Mr Chakravorty at the Spire Harpenden hospital. I had paid for a private appointment because I didn't want to wait for an NHS appt which was 11 days away. I was initially very scared and upset and he was was extremely kind and patient. I felt totally safe and in good hands. I can't thank him enough for helping me in my hour of need.

26th September 2019
Response from Mr Arunmoy Chakravorty

Very grateful for your positive feedback

Written by a patient at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital
29th June 2019

Mr Chakravorty showed great kindness and made me feel safe in his care. After diagnosing early stage breast cancer he surgically removed the cancer and some lymph nodes. All went marvellously well and today I had a follow-up appointment with him. He removed the dressings and apart from a little bruising no-one would know that I had had any surgery. He had removed enough of a healthy margin along with the cancer so that I don't need to have further surgery. The lymph nodes were cancer-free also. I would definately recommended Mr. Chakravorty to everyone. He has such a caring manner which makes such a difference to this difficult situation. A very kind and caring man !!!

3rd July 2019
Response from Mr Arunmoy Chakravorty

I am really overwhelmed by your kind words. It has been my pleasure looking after you. Your feedback will help me to improve my breast service and care to my patients

Mr Arunmoy Chakravorty was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Specialist Breast surgeon with expertise in Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery. I believe in delivering high quality care and full comprehensive breast service with an emphasis on the cosmetic outcomes. As an expert breast plastic surgeon, I believe in providing good cosmetic outcomes following breast surgery. I do offer -one stop breast services -breast cancer diagnosis and management -complex cosmetic corrections -implant augmentations -Immediate breast reconstruction with flap surgery -Use of ADM in breast reconstruction -breast augmentations and reduction -mastopexy( breast lifts) -surgical correction of gynaecomastia Compassionate and high quality patient care is my practice ethos when providing one stop breast clinics and comprehensive breast cancer management.

Nearest Plastic surgeons