Mr Aruna Dharmasena

• Ophthalmology

Latest Reviews

17th February 2016
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital

Dr Dharmasena is an excellent specialist. I was admitted to the Manchester Royal Eye Infirmary with an abscess around my left eye on the 02/11/16 which apparently was the worst case they had ever seen. Things were much worse when Dr Dharmasena was told I was a home dialysis patient and that I had missed 7 days of dialysis due to my body becoming extremely weak. This left him in a dilemma as they couldn't take me into surgery immediately due to dangerous levels of toxins built up in my body. I was put on dialysis for the next few days until it was safe for me to go into surgery. Dr Dharmasena carried out the procedure of draining the abscess and recovery soon followed. I was amazed the amount of attention and care I received from Dr Dharmasena and his team. 3 months later, I am now fully back to normal. I do have a small scar above my eyelid but that is to be expected. This is a great doctor I won't forget.

Short link to review Mr Aruna Dharmasena: