Mr Arun Ranganathan

Written by a NHS patient at The Royal London Hospital
3rd June 2021

My experience with Mr Arun Ranganathan went very well. I know that the sound of getting surgery is scary but with my experiences everything went well. I was told everything that I needed to know for my surgery. My scoliosis surgery itself went very well as well. As I am still young it didn't take me too long to recover. During my recovering time in Royal London Hospital I was well take care of. I only had to spend one week in hospital. Of course when waking up from surgery your body will ache a bit which is completely normal, you will be provided with pain killers time after time. The nurses were very generous and provided me with the things I needed. When I was out of hospital and at home, all I needed were pain killers. For me I felt fine and normal within three months of my surgery. I had physiotherapy where I had certain exercises to do in order to recover fast. There are things you can't do like bending or intense sports but not to worry as you will get check ups done with doctors and you will be informed. I have my check ups done every six months. Personally, I felt completely fine quite fast. Of course I can't guarantee that for everyone as we are all different. Overall, I am very satisfied with my care.

Written by a private patient at The Princess Grace Hospital
6th May 2021

I had back surgery in February this year, I am generally a very nervous patient but Prof Ranganathan was very reassuring and gave me the confidence to go ahead with the surgery. I had been in pain & had difficulty walking for approx 18 months and at this moment in time I am pain free, walking without a limp and have recovered well. The staff and Prof Ranganathan secretary are most helpful and pleasant & can highly recommend both him and the the London spine care.

Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital
28th January 2021

I write this review some three months after my operation. Dr Ranganathan performed a decompression on L4/5 of the spine. Throughout he was caring, an excellent listener, generous with his time and sensitive to my concerns. The 4.5 hour operation was successful. Immediately, I was aware of an improvement in posture. Follow up appointments were thorough and I terminated medication early. I am now having remote physiotherapy recommended by Dr Ranganathan. Progress is good, there is no pain from the spine itself and the exercises are helping rebuild lost strength in the relevant muscles surrounding the point of operation. It's hard work but the effects are rewarding. I can walk briskly for an hour and any discomfort is commensurate purely through the rigours of physio. I hope to return to gentle tennis and golf in another two months or so. I am extremely grateful for all the attention, support and professionalism provided by Dr Ranganathan and his team and would not hesitate to recommend his services.

Mr Arun Ranganathan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery