Share review of Mr Arjuna Imbuldeniya

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

2nd July 2020

I am 61 man and prior to my hip replacement procedure was becoming increasingly immobile. By October of 2019 I was regularly using strong pain relief medication prescribed by my GP. This just to get through my day. My mobility had diminished to hobbling around and a dread of stairs. Mr Imbuldeniya and his team performed the procedure on my right hip on Friday 3rd Jan 2020. 4 hours after surgery (with the use of a zimmer frame) I was able to "walk" to the toilet. On Monday 6th Jan I was able to return home and used a pair of crutches for the first 6 weeks. From day 1, I followed the physio rehab exercise regime provided by the Teddington Memorial Hospital physio dept. By week 8 I was walking un-aided around the house (I used a single a crutch when outside my home). By week 10, I was walking completely unaided. 3 months later, riding a bicycle, for the first time in two years. All this without pain. 6 months in, I have shed a stone in weight and now lighter than my pre-op weight. I am able to walk several miles without pain. I can even undertake 10 mile bicycle rides pain free. For me, having this procedure has been life changing. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Imbuldeniya & his team for the marvelous job they have done. I am truly a new man.