Mr Anthony Dixon

16th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I was sorry to hear about the circumstances of Anthony Dixon’s suspension from surgery. Whilst I have every sympathy with those patients whose procedures didn’t go to plan, I can only speak as I find. Following diagnosis of a femoral hernia, I was referred to Mr Dixon at the Spire Hospital. In the course of a 15 minute interview he had identified an additional inguinal hernia - and that without the use of a scanner! He proposed keyhole surgery and mesh implants. This was completed and has proven to be totally satisfactory – I have had no reason to complain since. I am happy to testify to his skill as a surgeon and subsequent aftercare. I certainly do not recognise the brusque and abrupt manner described by others though he does have a sense of humour, thankfully! I only hope that this unsatisfactory state of affairs is resolved in his favour – I would definitely elect to go to him should a similar condition arise in future

12th November 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Bristol Hospital

Personally I have absolute faith in this man. After 4 years of misdiagnosis, it was Mr Dixon who diagnosed the problem and took on what had developed into an exceptionally difficult SRU and internal prolapse. Deep sympathy for those whose operations were unsuccessful, but this was a man who always had his patients welfare at heart and a pioneer who took on surgery others would shy away from. A brilliant and caring surgeon who has been taken away from the very people who need him most. I can only hope we all soon recognise the gross injustice Mr Dixon has been subject to and his reputation is restored.

9th November 2018
Written by a patient at Frenchay Hospital

I was stage 111 colorectal cancer in 2008. Dr Dixon operated successfully. 2018 scans show no cancer and completely clear of polyps and as a 66 year old am still in employment.. Despite any errors made in other circumstances nobody can deny he is a life saver. Hope he gets a fair hearing and his wealth of experience is not cast aside.

9th July 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Bristol Hospital

He was the first doctor to examine my partner properly after 4 years of pain and being misdiagnosed by other consultants. He surgested a treatment plan of action and set out the risks in detail. This was just before a few cases which were reported in the press caused him to be stopped from operating, how may people are having a normal life thanks to this great surgeon. He works at the cutting edge were other consultants fear to go but have no other solution either, he knows what he is doing. As a result it has taken 2 years to find another specialist to do the operation. That is 2 extra years of suffering and pain for my partner. Everywhere we went the consultants admired this man, his skill and expertise. Hope he get back to operating as soon as possible as there are many people out there he can help towards a normal life. To watch someone you love suffer is not a pleasant experience. If anything is at fault it is the mesh manufactures but why is there nothing of that in the press.

29th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

This surgeon helped me to no end. I totally hate the fact that he is being crucified for work carried out. As far as I’m concerned 2 yrs after my operation I am better than I’ve ever been. Please don’t judge these people for not succeeding. Judge them when they do. Thank you Mr Dixon for my life back.

Short link to review Mr Anthony Dixon: http://iwgc.net/edosv