Mr Andrew Robinson

11th June 2019

Have had multiple surgeries done by Mr Robinson. They have all been totally successful and I have always found him utterly professional. He has shown concern, compassion and I would hate to see anyone else. I couldn’t recommend highly enough.

18th April 2019

I met Mr Robinson six weeks after foot surgery. The surgeon who had been looking after me was no longer working for the trust. My initial opinion was poor. Mr Robinson addressed me by the wrong name. He then left the room to look at my records. I had some general concerns about potential post operative infection within the bone. Until that time I had been non weight bearing. At my last appointment with Mr K we had talked about future recovery, to include physiotherapy, MRI of my knee, and long-term prognosis. Mr Robinson was dismissive of his colleague's opinions. I found Mr Robinson to be rude, patronising, arrogant, lazy and unprofessional. Not once did he examine my foot, even though it was obviously inflamed. I asked about the MRI results of the knee, and he said there was nothing wrong. In fact he said ' I don't do knees, only feet and ankles'. The knee was causing a lot of pain and I had to ask Mr Robinson to examine it, which he did very reluctantly. Mr Robinson told me to be fully weight bearing on the foot, even though the fracture is not yet fully healed. He tried to attribute my symptoms to a pre-existing medical condition, and made no mention of physiotherapy. I was so distressed by Mr Robinson's unpleasant manner that I spoke with two senior nurses before I left the department. I cried most of the way home, and was too traumatised to return to Addenbrookes for a different out-patient appointment the following day. During the 48 hours after seeing Mr Robinson my temperature was very high, and my GP advised me to attend A&E. The junior doctors demonstrated thorough and professional care, in great contrast to my experience with Mr Robinson. I have asked not to return to Mr Robinson's clinic in four weeks as planned. There's no way I wish to repeat such a horrible experience. Such a shame that senior doctors feel they can behave in such a shocking way.

22nd October 2018

I saw Dr Robinson twice over a 12 month period. The first time I met him he walked in to the room and addressed me by another patients name, then started talking to me, the nurse had to tell him that he was talking to the wrong patient. 15 minutes later he came back in to the room and very quickly diagnosed my chronic foot pain as 'heel pain' and told me to wear trainers and then discharged me. 5 months later and at this point 2.5 years of suffering from ongoing pain I was referred again to Dr Robinson. Dr Robinson walked in to the room and asked about my 'ankle' pain, I had to correct him and tell him that it was my foot and not my ankle. He rolled his eyes, then said that he had looked at my last MRI scan 10 minutes ago and could see no issue with my foot. I have to question exactly what or who's scan he was looking at if he was talking about my ankle, yet it was underneath my foot that was the issue! He then became frustrated and told me that he cannot operate on me without knowing what to operate on! I had never mentioned an operation, just that the pain was getting no better and the pain location was not and had never been in my heel but in the arch of my foot. He got up and said there was nothing more he could do for me and said 'nice to see you again' as he walked away. I have since been referred to another hospital and diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, the MRI scan had shown inflammation and I received a lot more detail on my pain in addition to a solution and now feel a lot better. Dr Robinson at Addenbrooks is totally unorganised, chaotic, is not prepared for planned appointments and is not focussed on the very basics such as which patient he is actually talking to and which part of the MRI scan to actually look at. I received an incorrect diagnoses and no treatment and was in pain unnecessarily. This is not the expectation of a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery