Mr Andrew Pickersgill

Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic (minimal access) surgeon. Speciality Lead at UHSM (formerly Stepping Hill). Interested in benign gynaecology (non-cancerous) with a background in fertility. Undertake keyhole surgeries for all problems from fibroids, endometriosis, cysts through to hysterectomies and prolapse work. Keen on teaching and especially patient safety and cosmetic results

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

23rd May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I owe Mr Pickersgill a huge amount of thanks. Having had a hysterectomy last year by another surgeon, I developed a total vaginal vault prolapse and was desperate for a repair as life was no longer normal and I was in great discomfort. Thankfully I was given his name and have not looked back. I had total faith in his ability and greatly appreciated his listening, compassion and re-assurance, not to mention his sense of humour which is sadly lacking in some professionals of his standing. I also appreciated that he was honest, and told me that this operation would be very painful (it was !) but also assured me that I would get better (hopefully I'm getting there). Also mention must be made of Karen his secretary who is amazingly efficient.

19th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Pickersgill has been fantastic, I really can't thank him enough, he put me at ease the very first time I met him and gave me options that I didn't even realise I had for my treatment of fibroids and cysts. I am now 2 months down the line from surgery and feel great, I have had no bleeding and all together feel 100% so much better. Thank you Mr Pickersgill.

1st May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I went with an issue that had been going on and on for years ... met Mr Pickleskill after been passed around to others who really had no idea ... His compassion was 2nd to none but most of all his expertise and understanding was brilliant within seconds he diagnosed my issue and treatment was sorted there and then ... I have never looked back as a procedure was performed and has saved me major surgery and discomfort ..His understanding and knowledge of key hole I would like to believe is one of the best in the Country...Thanks a mill

11th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

My gynaecologist referred me to Mr Pickersgill for keyhole surgery; Mr Pickersgill is appropriately renowned amongst his peers as a leading surgeon. I’d spent almost 30 years winning a soul-destroying battle against pain & I wasn’t ready to submit to hysterectomy; I always believed that if I fought and thought hard enough I’d be granted the miraculous reward of motherhood. I’ve seen many good gynaecologists, both here in the UK and in the US, for the treatment of endometriosis; Mr Pickersgill is in a different class. His expertise and his compassionate application thereof are exemplary. Mr Pickersgill worked with me to explore every possible option. He was not afraid to meet me where I was: a painful place full of false assumptions, overthinking and heartbreak. He has never flinched in his commitment to support my wellbeing, nor has he allowed me to feel like an idiot. I could have spent the rest of my life faltering, without the courage to move forward. Instead Mr Pickersgill’s expertise allowed me to surrender what wasn’t working and to return to the land of the living. His care and understanding gave me the courage to remember that my body is worth listening to and living in. He is an incredible gynaecologist. He won’t reduce you to a collection of symptoms; he will respect you as a human being and contribute all his brilliance to heal you.

25th March 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Miracle surgeon. Having had two previous surgeries for endometriosis which only made things worse, I was operated on my this man yesterday and finally had endo cut away rather than lasered. In and out within a day and feel much better than previous two surgeries under other consultants already. Would definitely recommend, very long waiting list on NHS but worth the wait!

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists