Mr Andrew Pickersgill

Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic (minimal access) surgeon. Speciality Lead at UHSM (formerly Stepping Hill). Interested in benign gynaecology (non-cancerous) with a background in fertility. Undertake keyhole surgeries for all problems from fibroids, endometriosis, cysts through to hysterectomies and prolapse work. Keen on teaching and especially patient safety and cosmetic results

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Mr Andrew Pickersgill! There are no words to really describe how wonderful this man is. I was recommended to go see him after suffering repeat miscarriage and then struggling to conceive. From the minute you meet him you feel like the only patient he has. Andy is totally focused on you and your health problems, dealing with them with absolute empathy along with a plan of action and treatment. Andy treated me for endometriosis, when other medical professionals dismissed this condition as the possible reason for my sudden infertility, and told me it was 'My age' as to why I could no longer conceive a baby. I now have a beautiful baby boy, and I honestly believe he is here because of the treatment I received from Andy for my endometriosis and the further advice he gave me beyond this regarding my fertility. Andy went on to be my consultant throughout my pregnancy and was always there at any time to reassure me during the very long, anxiety filled 9 months - you wouldn't get many medical professionals doing that! Nothing was a problem for him, and he is marvellous at dealing with a neurotic pregnant lady like I was!!! He also always has plenty of tissues at the ready! His secretary Karen is also superb. Whilst I am glad to be no longer dealing with the issues I had, and am thoroughly enjoying my time with my baby boy, I shall miss seeing Mr Pickersgill, especially his humour and empathy. Do not hesitate to go see him!

9th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Andrew Pickersgill is by far the most amazing Doctor and Surgeon I have been treated by. I came to Dr Pickersgill after spending a week in Miami on my honeymoon in pain... what I thought was IBS turned out to be ovarian cysts. I won't go in to too much detail but after spending a night in hospital in America, abandoning the honeymoon, stepping off the plane and going straight to the hospital, by the time I got to Andrew I was tired, in pain and being told by everyone that surgery can wait. Andrew took one look at me and said he's not letting me leave. (I had seen another gyno who said he's too busy to operate and I would have to wait 3 weeks). Andrew is the most sympathetic, calm and caring Doctor I have ever had. Not to mention he is bloody brilliant at what he does - you can't see any of my scars!! He explained everything so clearly and calmly. If it wasn't for Andrew trusting his instinct and operating on me so quickly I dread to think how much worse my situation could have been. (Once in surgery it appeared a lot of things were wrong inside me - that of course Andrew fixed). Andrew's follow up care was unbelievable; he made me feel like I was in safe hands from beginning to end. He assured me that the negative emotional effects of what I had experienced would be a completely normal thing. He genuinely cares. I know this has been a long post, but I couldn't be more grateful to Andrew for all the care he has given me and I honestly can’t recommend him enough.

29th May 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Mr Pickersgill is a truly amazing surgeon. The work he does is phenomenal. He cares and listens to patients to give the best possible information and outcome. Pre op, surgical and post op care all absolutely amazing. After several previous surgeries with other doctors I am finally getting relief. Would highly recommend

23rd May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I owe Mr Pickersgill a huge amount of thanks. Having had a hysterectomy last year by another surgeon, I developed a total vaginal vault prolapse and was desperate for a repair as life was no longer normal and I was in great discomfort. Thankfully I was given his name and have not looked back. I had total faith in his ability and greatly appreciated his listening, compassion and re-assurance, not to mention his sense of humour which is sadly lacking in some professionals of his standing. I also appreciated that he was honest, and told me that this operation would be very painful (it was !) but also assured me that I would get better (hopefully I'm getting there). Also mention must be made of Karen his secretary who is amazingly efficient.

19th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Pickersgill has been fantastic, I really can't thank him enough, he put me at ease the very first time I met him and gave me options that I didn't even realise I had for my treatment of fibroids and cysts. I am now 2 months down the line from surgery and feel great, I have had no bleeding and all together feel 100% so much better. Thank you Mr Pickersgill.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists