Mr Andrew Pickersgill

Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic (minimal access) surgeon. Speciality Lead at UHSM (formerly Stepping Hill). Interested in benign gynaecology (non-cancerous) with a background in fertility. Undertake keyhole surgeries for all problems from fibroids, endometriosis, cysts through to hysterectomies and prolapse work. Keen on teaching and especially patient safety and cosmetic results

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

25th March 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Miracle surgeon. Having had two previous surgeries for endometriosis which only made things worse, I was operated on my this man yesterday and finally had endo cut away rather than lasered. In and out within a day and feel much better than previous two surgeries under other consultants already. Would definitely recommend, very long waiting list on NHS but worth the wait!

3rd February 2017
Written by a patient at Regency Hospital

I cannot rate Mr Pickersgill highly enough. He came highly recommended to me by both previous patients and doctors - and I now know why. I visited him for a second opinion on some large fibroids that were making my life a misery and stopping any chance of conceiving. From the first consultation through to surgery his approach has been faultless. His patience, kindness and positivity helped me make the right decision. His calmness, competence and ability to explains things clearly allows you to make an informed choice. It's rare to find someone so highly-skilled who is also equally as caring. I'd trust this man with my life - indeed I did last month with an open myomectomy. The incision is so neat - barely visible and I am recovering well. Pickersgill is a godsend to women in my position who are having to make important decisions about their future. I'd recommend him to anyone.

16th January 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I cannot recommend Mr Pickergsill highly enough. He provided me with a clear recommendation following my consultation with him which led to surgery. I felt very confident and relaxed in his care and felt that he listened and was able to explain everything to me. The surgery was a success and the follow up care was great. I now am endometriosis free and have a baby boy, I’m very grateful to Mr Pickersgill for this. Also worth noting is that his secretary is very helpful and responsive which is important as this made everything straight-forward.

12th January 2017
Written by a patient at Stepping Hill Hospital

Very nice man and, he really listens to you and your needs. I cannot recommend Mr Pickersgill enough. I had a terrible time of it before he began treating me. I was very unwell for a number of years, facing disciplinary at work for absences due to ill health and, other doctors and a Gynaecologist fobbed me off with all sorts, IBS, stress etc. Mr Pickersgill found significant endometriosis and surgery & quality treatment followed, restoring my sanity. Can't rate him enough

15th December 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I had undergone a number of investigations and fertility treatments over a two year period at two different hospitals and a private fertility clinic. During this time I was treated by numerous doctors, none of whom came close to the level of care given by Mr Pickersgill. Mr Pickersgill has the perfect combination of professionalism yet a genuinely caring and compassionate nature. From the outset we were immediately put at ease and became confident going forward for the first time in many months. I underwent a hysterospic resection of a fibroid, followed by an open myomectomy to remove nine more fibroids. The operation was a huge success and my recovery has been very quick. I cannot thank him enough for his skills as a surgeon but particularly for being there to answer questions, advise and reassure throughout.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »