Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
17th January 2020

One of the nicest Doctors I’ve ever met. Extremely professional, caring, incredibly smart and has the best compassion of anyone I’ve come across. I had my tumour remover on 2014 and I still now look back with the fondest memories of him!

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
11th August 2019

Within the whirlwind of confusion of my diagnosis of a massive Meningioma, I was steadily calmed by a very assured Mr Martin in whose care I was very luckily placed. Not only did he show complete confidence and professionalism in conducting the procedure, he was also consistent in his understanding of my health throughout. He ensured that I was properly monitored and gave me clear instructions on how to recover from, what turned out to be a very successful life-saving operation. I was indeed in excellent hands! But the greatest credit to Mr Martin must be given to his after-care support. Recovery from brain surgery is a bewildering experience. It would have been easy for me to dip into anxiety and even depression. But Mr Martin's reassurance, advice and constant accessibility (through email) has been invaluable, and helped me get back on my feet very quickly. I can't thank Mr Martin and his team enough for their care, and for saving my life.

• Neurosurgery

Andrew Martin is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at the Atkinson Morley Wing, St George's Hospital, London. His practice is in brain tumour surgery, including awake craniotomy, and the treatment of tumours in and around the skull base including endoscopic surgery for pituitary and pituitary-region tumours, and acoustic neuroma.

Nearest Neurosurgeons