Written by a NHS patient at St George's Hospital
26th February 2021

Mr Andrew Martin removed a Macroadenoma from my Pituitary gland in 2016. He is a real credit to himself and his team at St George’s. I was kept up to date, handled with real care attention too. My family really like him. He has so much empathy and care. He did a brilliant job of sorting out the issue, one I will be eternally grateful to him for. I hope I never have regrowth but if I do, Mr Martin is the Neurosurgeon I would like to take care of me.

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
4th December 2020

Mr. Martin removed a tumor from my brain 2 weeks ago. From the moment he first contacted me I felt so confident in him and his reassuring kind manner made an awful time so much more bearable. Anyone who is fortunate enough to be assigned to Mr. Martin should rest assured that he will treat them with the utmost care and respect. I cannot speak highly enough of this surgeon, he truly is a credit to his profession and the whole team at Atkinson Morley are an amazing bunch of people. Thank you.

Written by a carer at St George's Hospital
22nd November 2020

Mr Martin removed my husband's meningioma in 2017. He was professional, reassuiring and caring and very keen to answer all questions. My husband made a 100% recovery after, the operation and I will be eternally grateful to Mr Martin and his fabulous team for the skill and care during that time

Written by a carer at St George's Hospital
29th August 2020

My wife underwent emergency surgery for hydrocephalus in August 2020. Mr Martin is the consummate professional. He provided immediate reassurance, explained exactly what the problem was and how it would be resolved. Patients are often quick to complain when things go wrong, but less likely to say "thank you" when receiving great service or support. Mr Martin will always have our most sincere thanks for his exemplary skill, professionalism, empathy and courtesy during my wife’s in-patient stay and major surgery under his care. My family and I will always be extremely grateful to Mr Martin and the neuro team at St George's who provided incredible care and support throughout her stay.

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
8th July 2020

Mr Andrew Martin and one of his proteges did an emergency cervical discetomy and fusion on me in 2011. He is a class act. I met a different neurosurgeon for a review some years later at another hospital and was not inspired with confidence. There was some very good staff took care of me at St Georges.

• Neurosurgery

Andrew Martin is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at the Atkinson Morley Wing, St George's Hospital, London. His practice is in brain tumour surgery, including awake craniotomy, and the treatment of tumours in and around the skull base including endoscopic surgery for pituitary and pituitary-region tumours, and acoustic neuroma.

Nearest Neurosurgeons