Written by a carer at St George's Hospital
29th August 2020

My wife underwent emergency surgery for hydrocephalus in August 2020. Mr Martin is the consummate professional. He provided immediate reassurance, explained exactly what the problem was and how it would be resolved. Patients are often quick to complain when things go wrong, but less likely to say "thank you" when receiving great service or support. Mr Martin will always have our most sincere thanks for his exemplary skill, professionalism, empathy and courtesy during my wife’s in-patient stay and major surgery under his care. My family and I will always be extremely grateful to Mr Martin and the neuro team at St George's who provided incredible care and support throughout her stay.

8th July 2020

Mr Andrew Martin and one of his proteges did an emergency cervical discetomy and fusion on me in 2011. He is a class act. I met a different neurosurgeon for a review some years later at another hospital and was not inspired with confidence. There was some very good staff took care of me at St Georges.

23rd May 2020

Really pleased with the care that I have received. What a fantastic, knowledgable and professional doctor! I had to have an emergency brain tumour surgery so had very little time to prepare myself mentally and was very scared of what were to happen, but now 3 month after the operation I feel like it didn’t happen at all, and only my scar reminds me of what happened. Mr Martin comes across very reassuring which is so helpful, also the other team members speak very highly of his methodical approach and expertise. I think I can go on forever about how wonderful Mr Martin is but I am sure it will be very clear to anyone who meets him in person. Thank you Mr Martin and all the team!

17th January 2020

One of the nicest Doctors I’ve ever met. Extremely professional, caring, incredibly smart and has the best compassion of anyone I’ve come across. I had my tumour remover on 2014 and I still now look back with the fondest memories of him!

• Neurosurgery

Andrew Martin is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at the Atkinson Morley Wing, St George's Hospital, London. His practice is in brain tumour surgery, including awake craniotomy, and the treatment of tumours in and around the skull base including endoscopic surgery for pituitary and pituitary-region tumours, and acoustic neuroma.

Nearest Neurosurgeons