28th April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I needed carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and was seen by Mr Irwin to initially operate on my right hand. He was courteous, and efficient when I saw him in his clinic and listened to what I had to say. On the day of surgery he explained everything in full when he did his ward round before starting surgery. The surgery was undertaken under local anesthetic and throughout the surgery Mr Irwin explained what he was doing and was incredibly reassuring. He also made sure I understood what I needed to do after surgery. The follow up appointment went in a similar fashion and I now have a date to have my left hand done which I have no apprehension about at all knowing the care I will receive.

2nd April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Great consultation effortless treatment and aftercare everything was explained in great detail would highly recommend all staff were helpful and very friendly, well done everyone

29th March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Andrew Irwin has recently completed surgery on my shoulder. He explained the details of the surgery in great detail so I completely understood. He is very professional and I felt relaxed asking any questions. I have had my follow up appointment and once again fantastic information to help me with my recovery.

7th March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

My condition required a procedure to remove a lump from my elbow, which was becoming painful. Mr Irwin quickly eased my concerns and was very attentive in my initial consultation meeting. Mr Irwin is very professional and has a relaxing personality. My procedure was a success and I was back in the gym after the stitches were removed. Although my appointment was with the nurse to have these removed, Mr Irwin was in attendance and looking over the removal of the stitches. We carried out our consultation at the same time, which Mr Irwin asked if I was OK before proceeding. I am that pleased, I am due back to have another procedure carried out by Mr Irwin in April.

6th March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I am a 42 year old male that had surgery on my shoulder about 20 years ago which left me with pins holding the joint in place. This worked well but wear and tear and many previous dislocations had taken their toll and last year I started to experience aching pain in my shoulder which got to the point that I could not even get comfortable when sleeping. I arranged to see Mr Irwin who listened and very quickly sent me for scans and x-rays to determine the extent of the problem and a plan of actions was put in place and all the possible treatments were explained. Due to my age, it was decided to see if injections followed by a clean up operation would cure the pain. Unfortunately these procedures did not work due to the extent of the damage to my shoulder. In January 2019, Mr Irwin performed a full shoulder replacement, which included a new ball and socket joint. The operation was performed at the Spire Hospital in Harpenden and everything about the pre-op procedure, the care at the hospital and the actual procedure itself, was first class. I am now nearly 8 weeks into my recovery and I couldn't be happier. All the old joint pain has gone, the movement is getting better by each passing day and the hydro pool and physio at the Spire is superb. I would just like to thank Mr Iwrin for all his help. (Many many thanks.)

Short link to review Mr Andrew Irwin: http://iwgc.net/edyue