Mr Andrew Hextall

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

15th March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

After a nearly two year trial with my GP who put every barrier in the way for me to get onto HRT, I eventually got to see Mr Hextall. What a breath of fresh air. The first person to actually listen to me and hear what I was saying. He heard what I'd been through with the GP, read the notes and asked for my full history before saying he'd go and check what was safest to have with a familial clotting disorder, but non-symptomatic. Two weeks later he rang me back having done thorough investigations and was able to prescribe me HRT. I'm finally sleeping through the night again, no hot flushes and at last I have my life back. A genuine consultant who was prepared to listen and has made such a difference to my life. Wish I'd seen him when all this started and not just listened to the GP

13th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr Hextall was recommended to me by a friend as ‘the best in Hertfordshire’ and I can certainly confirm this. Since first seeing him, he has been kind, caring and understanding making me feel at ease and hopeful that there was a solution to my issues. After various consultations, throughout my gynaecology journey, I ended up having major surgery. Mr Hextall was very clear in describing the procedure and my options. The surgery went without hitch and his/his teams stitching is impeccable! My post surgery consulatation was thorough but again very caring. Mr Hextall is an excellent Doctor with an even better best side manner. I cannot fault him and would definitely recommend him to any lady having gynaecology issues.

10th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I walked into his office thinking here we go again 3rd Gyno (can't say how many times I been to GP) I am seing , is he going to pre judge me or is he going to listen? And he listened. Not once making me feel like a hormonal idiot because at time I could not control the water works. He allowed me to express my frustration in having this problem for so long. Asked me a few questions and actually examin me. Immediately identified problem and booked me in for procedure the next week. He was professional, friendly and to the point. I truly respect him for this and wish I met him 1 yr earlier when problems started. Procedure was quick and zero pain or bleeding after. 2 months later and I still cant believe how good I feel and I realise now how low I really was. This perhaps is small in his world but in mine and my children's live it has made such a difference. I am out and about laughing and playing with kids again. Best Gyno to have on yourside.

15th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I was referred to Andrew after my consultant became unwell, to have a Mirena coil removed and to perform an ablation. The initial consultation went well and Andrew explained in clear detail what the up coming prodecure would entail. The procedure itself went extremely well and I feel so much better for having it. I would highly recommend Andrew, he has a very calm manner, instantly putting me at ease and ensuring I understood exactly what was happening. I have absolutely no hesitation in contacting him again if I need any further care.

10th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Excellent treatment throughout, was never in doubt that Dr Hextall would achieve the best possible result.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists