mr-andrew-hextall-1

Written by a private patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
2nd September 2021

From the first consultation Mr Hextall was reassuring, thorough and professional. I was fully informed of my options and the pros and cons of each before deciding on my treatment plan. I had every confidence in him and his team, and this proved to be fully justified. Procedure: subtotal abdominal hysterectomy due to fibroids. Everything went as planned, with my recovery as predicted. I was mobile the day of the surgery, and my pain well-managed throughout. The spinal anaesthetic was miraculous. I was able to leave the hospital after 2 nights - a day early. After only a week I was able to resume my normal activities, including driving and long walks. I was also able to dispense with pain relief. (A vast difference from two previous abdominal surgeries.) Long-standing difficulties are resolved. The scar is neat and discrete. And I am delighted to feel healthy again. I am extremely happy that I chose Mr Hextall. Would thoroughly recommend him to others seeking help with urogynae issues.

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists