Mr Andrew Hextall

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

12th September 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Andrew Hextall listens has patience and explains everything. He gave me confidence in him. He has a very nice bedside manner. I am very glad I chose him for my operation.

6th September 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I would definitely recommend Mr Hextall. Listens, understands, with a kind and caring attitude. Progressed a treatment plan very efficiently and effectively and I’m super pleased, delighted and grateful with the results. I thought my issue was not worthy to consider asking for help, I thought I should just cope as best I could, how wrong I was! I’m so much happier both mentally and physically. Thanks Mr Hextall!

5th September 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr Hextall was recommended to me by two separate friends who he had previously treated, and they both spoke highly of him. He was professional, warm, kind and he helped me make a decision about my treatment I didn’t feel rushed to make a decision and found his approach helpful. I had surgery two weeks ago now and I cannot believe how straight forward it was. My incisions are tiny, and I have had very little discomfort at all. I even sent an email to his secretary Margaret the day after the surgery with a query, and I received a response the same day. I find Mr Hextall to be completely reassuring. I would recommend him to anyone who needs to see a gynaecologist, and I wouldn’t hesitate to see him again in the future if I have any concerns.

5th September 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I had occasion to call Margaret, over a year after my operation with question. Margaret could not have been more helpful. As always, she was kind, reassuring and devastingly effcient! Mr. Hextall was able to fully answer my query on the same day. I am very grateful to them both and would like to thank them both for their care and consideration.

15th March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

After a nearly two year trial with my GP who put every barrier in the way for me to get onto HRT, I eventually got to see Mr Hextall. What a breath of fresh air. The first person to actually listen to me and hear what I was saying. He heard what I'd been through with the GP, read the notes and asked for my full history before saying he'd go and check what was safest to have with a familial clotting disorder, but non-symptomatic. Two weeks later he rang me back having done thorough investigations and was able to prescribe me HRT. I'm finally sleeping through the night again, no hot flushes and at last I have my life back. A genuine consultant who was prepared to listen and has made such a difference to my life. Wish I'd seen him when all this started and not just listened to the GP

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists