Mr Andrew Hextall

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

27th February 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I found Andrew Hextall very friendly and felt very confident with him performing my operation to high standards.

1st January 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I was referred to Mr Hextall by my GP after suffering from severely debilitating menopausal symptoms. Having previously had breast cancer, I believed that no treatment was possible and that only years of misery lay ahead. Mr Hextall could not have been more understanding, sympathetic and kind. With his guidance and advice, within 5 days I felt better! Mr Hextall truly gave me back my life and I could not be more grateful to him. I would thoroughly recommend him as an expert in understanding menopausal symptoms and how to treat them effectively.

4th December 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I saw Mr Hextall for stress incontinence which was disrupting my life and to investigate my utter exhaustion which my GP felt could be menopause related. Mr Hextall did all the relevant tests and recommended HRT and a day surgery op to assist my stress incontinence. I can happily say my life has been transformed. The operation has left me with no stress incontinence issues at all, the HRT has restored my energy, and as a happy aside my constant urine infections have gone away. So I am a very happy customer indeed, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mr Hextall as an expert with an empathetic manner, and a great surgeon.

18th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

From my initial consultation throughout my treatment and aftercare I found Mr Hextall to be understanding of my situation, sensitive, informative and very professional. I was given full details on a series of treatments available which I was able to discuss in detail with Mr Hextall personally. When I arrived to have my procedure at the Harpenden hospital I received first class treatment from Mr Hextall and his team. Prior to the procedure Mr Hextall talked me through what would happen step by step and given the opportunity to ask further questions. The procedure went exactly as he explained. Mr Hextall met with me following the procedure and advised me on what to side effects to expect, which were again exactly how he explained. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Hextall and his team at the Bushey Spire or Harpenden hospital.

11th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

My thanks to Mr Hextall for my posterior repair with perineorrhapy. He was very easy too speak with, explaining what the surgery would intail, I was able to ask questions without feeling foolish or any embarrassment. I did need to return one evening with a problem that needed antibiotics, the staff at Spire Bushey were excellent in contacting Mr Hextall out of hours for advice. I have now returned to work etc... without any problems. Thank you.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists