Mr Andrew Hextall

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

29th November 2017
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to receive botox treatment under Mr Hextall. The treatment has transformed the way I live my life, following over 30 years with an overactive bladder and associated continence issues. When I first met Mr Hextall he was the first person to reassure me that 'we can do something to make this better' after years of failed treatments. He has and continues to do so!

16th November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I found Mr Hextall professional, empathetic and understanding from my first appointment with him through to my follow-up appointment. My hysterectomy went very smoothly and I felt back to normal pretty much as soon as I left the hospital. Apart from a small amount of discomfort during the first week, I felt great. The operation did what it was supposed to do, which has got rid of the discomfort I felt previously. Also, looking at my scar, it is very neat. Thank you to Mr Hextall and the entire team at SPIRE, Harpenden, all of whom looked after me extremely well. Sheila A

15th November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I feel completely satisfied with the excellent care Mr Hextall gave me and he has resolved the problems I was experiencing. I would not hesitate to recommend.

21st August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr Hextall is professional and sensitive and thorough. Very reassuring as he gave me all the options as well as the pros and cons of each so I could make an informed decision. It's been 5 weeks since my operation (a subtotal hysterectomy) and I'm feeling fantastic. Recovery has been smooth and I am so very happy with the outcome - pain free, my scar is minimal and discreet and my tummy is already significantly flatter. I would totally recommend him.

25th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I suffered from a prolapse for a year before deciding to get treatment and took a long time to decide which consultant to use. After reading all the reviews about Mr Andrew Hextall, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist I decided that he was the person that I would like to use. I saw Mr Hextall at the Wellington Hospital and he completely put me at ease and allayed my fears about using mesh in my Sacrocolopexy procedure, especially as there was such negative press about it. He explained in detail exactly what my options were and what he intended to do in the procedure. I had my operation at the Spire Hospital, Harpenden even though it meant a drive of three hours for me to get there. Again I had read the reviews for this hospital and I am pleased to say that it was a very positive experience from start to finish. I could not have asked for anything better. Mr Hextall came to see me before the procedure and again afterwards. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Hextall and the team at the Spire Hospital in Harpenden.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists