Mr Andrew Hextall

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital
6th November 2019

Mr hextall is And amazing consultant I’ve been scared for four years to have a prolapse and bowel repair finally had it done four weeks ago by Mr Hextall himself what an amazing man he talked through everything with me prior to the operation and after the Operation can’t recommend him highly enough if ever had to have a Gynaecology operation again there is no doubt I would be wanting Mr Hextall to do my operation top man

Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
28th October 2019

I had a hysterectomy in March 2019. Mr Hextall was brilliant from my first consultation until I was fully recovered after my operation. I can highly recommend him. Very happy with my treatment.

Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
12th September 2019

Andrew Hextall listens has patience and explains everything. He gave me confidence in him. He has a very nice bedside manner. I am very glad I chose him for my operation.

Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
6th September 2019

I would definitely recommend Mr Hextall. Listens, understands, with a kind and caring attitude. Progressed a treatment plan very efficiently and effectively and I’m super pleased, delighted and grateful with the results. I thought my issue was not worthy to consider asking for help, I thought I should just cope as best I could, how wrong I was! I’m so much happier both mentally and physically. Thanks Mr Hextall!

Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
5th September 2019

Mr Hextall was recommended to me by two separate friends who he had previously treated, and they both spoke highly of him. He was professional, warm, kind and he helped me make a decision about my treatment I didn’t feel rushed to make a decision and found his approach helpful. I had surgery two weeks ago now and I cannot believe how straight forward it was. My incisions are tiny, and I have had very little discomfort at all. I even sent an email to his secretary Margaret the day after the surgery with a query, and I received a response the same day. I find Mr Hextall to be completely reassuring. I would recommend him to anyone who needs to see a gynaecologist, and I wouldn’t hesitate to see him again in the future if I have any concerns.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists