mr-andrew-hextall-1

Written by a private patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
2nd September 2021

From the first consultation Mr Hextall was reassuring, thorough and professional. I was fully informed of my options and the pros and cons of each before deciding on my treatment plan. I had every confidence in him and his team, and this proved to be fully justified. Procedure: subtotal abdominal hysterectomy due to fibroids. Everything went as planned, with my recovery as predicted. I was mobile the day of the surgery, and my pain well-managed throughout. The spinal anaesthetic was miraculous. I was able to leave the hospital after 2 nights - a day early. After only a week I was able to resume my normal activities, including driving and long walks. I was also able to dispense with pain relief. (A vast difference from two previous abdominal surgeries.) Long-standing difficulties are resolved. The scar is neat and discrete. And I am delighted to feel healthy again. I am extremely happy that I chose Mr Hextall. Would thoroughly recommend him to others seeking help with urogynae issues.

Written by a private patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
6th March 2021

After being ignored by my GP for ages about my concerns and frustrations, Mr Hextall took the time to listen to me, and genuinely made me feel reassured, and supported. I never felt rushed, I always felt that Mr Hextall was giving me his full attention and taking me seriously. One appointment with Mr Hextall and I am feeling better than I have in years! He quickly and easily sorted all the issues I was having, and he explained everything to me, and I feel confident that I can go back to him if I ever have the need in the future. I highly recommend Mr Hextall.

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists