Mr Andrew Hextall

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

21st August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr Hextall is professional and sensitive and thorough. Very reassuring as he gave me all the options as well as the pros and cons of each so I could make an informed decision. It's been 5 weeks since my operation (a subtotal hysterectomy) and I'm feeling fantastic. Recovery has been smooth and I am so very happy with the outcome - pain free, my scar is minimal and discreet and my tummy is already significantly flatter. I would totally recommend him.

25th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I suffered from a prolapse for a year before deciding to get treatment and took a long time to decide which consultant to use. After reading all the reviews about Mr Andrew Hextall, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist I decided that he was the person that I would like to use. I saw Mr Hextall at the Wellington Hospital and he completely put me at ease and allayed my fears about using mesh in my Sacrocolopexy procedure, especially as there was such negative press about it. He explained in detail exactly what my options were and what he intended to do in the procedure. I had my operation at the Spire Hospital, Harpenden even though it meant a drive of three hours for me to get there. Again I had read the reviews for this hospital and I am pleased to say that it was a very positive experience from start to finish. I could not have asked for anything better. Mr Hextall came to see me before the procedure and again afterwards. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Hextall and the team at the Spire Hospital in Harpenden.

20th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I was referred to Dr Hextall 5 years ago and have been under his care since he diagnosed me with fibroids. This year the side effects became too much and I had to have an open myomectomy. Dr Hextall explained all the whole procedure to me before and made me feel at ease and answered all my questions I had. The day I arrived at Spire Harpenden I met both him and his anesthetist who answered any last minute questions I had and also talked me through my options for pain relief post operation. Dr Hextall successfully removed 18 fibroids, the biggest being 20cm and also ensured that my womb remained intact and didn't need to be removed. He come to check on my progress everyday at Spire Harpenden to ensure that I was recovering well. I have had my six week check up last month and he is pleased with my recovery as am I. I am now back to full health and enjoying my life again without the fibroids and I am so glad I had the operation. I cant thank Dr Hextall and his amazing team at Spire Harpenden enough and would recommend him to anyone, he really is a fantastic doctor!

17th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Very professional, personal care from initial appointment to follow-up after surgery. Very happy with the result from the surgery and impressed with his organisation before the operation in having all the detail of my blood condition in hand.

7th June 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I had fibroids and contacted BUPA who gave me a few consultant names to consider. After doing some research I chose Dr Andrew Hextall. From my first consultation with him I felt totally at ease with him. He looked at my history, examined me and then explained to me the way forward. I felt quite happy and comfortable with my decision to have them removed and I felt I was in good hands. Before the op he came and talked to me about what was going to happen and I also had a visit from the anesthetist. I couldn't be happier with the professional and friendly care that I received from him and his team. I was told that whilst I was still in recovery right after the surgery, he went to see my sister to let her know that the surgery was completed and had been successful, and he also saw me when was taken back to my room. He visited me the next day to see how I was getting on and I can honestly say I was happy with how I was recovering. It's now been six weeks since my op and I am glad to say I will be able to wear a bikini as promised (Thank you Mr Hextall). I would quite honestly without hesitation totally recommend him.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists