Mr Andrew Hextall

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

26th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I cannot thank Andrew Hextall enough. On my follow up visit I told him I felt amazing and it is true. I was exhausted from sleepless nights of hot flushes, feeling blue and lack lustre. I had being feeling this way for a few years. Finally other symptoms joined in and I knew I had to seek medical help. Previously I had felt brushed off so I did not expect much from my appointment. How wrong I was. Mr Hextall listened carefully and covered all aspects of my situation with a kind and solution driven manner. I was relaxed and able to talk to him about everything on my mind.I came away with prescription and a selection of additional supplies to try. A few weeks later I felt in control again, energetic and like my old self. I am only sorry it took me so long to make the appointment.

14th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

When I met Andrew Hextall back in April 2018, I was extremely frustrated with my situation. I had been in discomfort for coming up to 3 years and felt like I had been pushed from pillar to post. I came away from my first consultation, feeling listened to and clear with what surgical and non- surgical options were available to me and with logical steps on how to ascertain the best course of treatment. At my follow up consultation, I asked lots (and lots) of questions and I was given considered and honest responses. I was clear on what I was going to have done and why it was the preferred course of treatment and what the measured risks involved were. Andrew is softly spoken, at times I did feel like I was constantly asking him to repeat or clarify what he had said, which he didn't seem to mind doing. Even during my urodynamic test (which isn’t something anyone would choose to do) Andrew and his team treated me with kindness and the upmost dignity. I felt that I was in control at all stages throughout. Andrew and his team really showed they cared about their patients, they listened and were understanding and supportive throughout. I am 8 weeks post-surgery and already I am feeling 100% better. If you have been putting off addressing your medical issues due to anxiety, nerves, embarrassment or fear then I would encourage you to be brave and take action, this could be the absolute best thing you could do for your long term health and well-being.

21st July 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I can thoroughly recommend Mr Hextall. He has a fantastic bedside manner. He made the whole experience a lot easier by being so kind and understanding. He’s very gentle too.

28th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Having experienced the care of you and your team and having spoken to friends who experienced the same care it is clear that you are a skilled and thoughtful surgeon who is supported by like-minded professionals. When I met you, I felt listened to. When I asked you (many many many!) questions you gave me considered, appropriate and honest responses. You were able to give me back some control over my situation. I know that is not because I was a private patient. It is simply because you and your team care about the patient; care about their welfare and care about the outcome. I am encouraged to think that due to you and your team a difficult time will be less bewildering and anxiety-inducing for other women.

5th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

Following tests after being admitted to hospital, it was decided I required a total abdominal hysterectomy. I had had an operation performed by Mr Hextall previously and had found him to be extremely friendly and courteous. So when I was faced with having this operation I requested for Mr Hextall to be my consultant. Which I am happy to say he agreed. Mr Hextall makes you feel as though you are his only concern. He speaks to you a way that is very reassuring. Should any female I know have need to see a gynaecologist, I would not hesitate to recommend, this very kind professional gentleman.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists