Mr Andrew Hextall

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

7th June 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I had fibroids and contacted BUPA who gave me a few consultant names to consider. After doing some research I chose Dr Andrew Hextall. From my first consultation with him I felt totally at ease with him. He looked at my history, examined me and then explained to me the way forward. I felt quite happy and comfortable with my decision to have them removed and I felt I was in good hands. Before the op he came and talked to me about what was going to happen and I also had a visit from the anesthetist. I couldn't be happier with the professional and friendly care that I received from him and his team. I was told that whilst I was still in recovery right after the surgery, he went to see my sister to let her know that the surgery was completed and had been successful, and he also saw me when was taken back to my room. He visited me the next day to see how I was getting on and I can honestly say I was happy with how I was recovering. It's now been six weeks since my op and I am glad to say I will be able to wear a bikini as promised (Thank you Mr Hextall). I would quite honestly without hesitation totally recommend him.

23rd May 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr Hextall was calm, caring and reassuring. He gave me confidence throughout the treatment and ensured that any concerns post my operation were addressed.

4th May 2017
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

Amazing man helped me so much

11th April 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

Was referred to Mr Hextall with Pro-Lapse and stress incontinence. Both issues sorted in one surgery. Couple of days recovering in Spire and followed recommended recovery advice - all fine now.

27th February 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I found Andrew Hextall very friendly and felt very confident with him performing my operation to high standards.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists