Mr Andrew Hextall

I am a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist working in Hertfordshire and the North London area. I treat patients with a wide range of gynaecological problems but I have a special interest in Urogynaecology (prolapse, incontinence and other conditions such as cystitis or urgency), Pelvic pain, Period problems and Vulval skin problems. I work as part of a team and we are proud to say that we always try to do our best for every patient we see.

18th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

From my initial consultation throughout my treatment and aftercare I found Mr Hextall to be understanding of my situation, sensitive, informative and very professional. I was given full details on a series of treatments available which I was able to discuss in detail with Mr Hextall personally. When I arrived to have my procedure at the Harpenden hospital I received first class treatment from Mr Hextall and his team. Prior to the procedure Mr Hextall talked me through what would happen step by step and given the opportunity to ask further questions. The procedure went exactly as he explained. Mr Hextall met with me following the procedure and advised me on what to side effects to expect, which were again exactly how he explained. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Hextall and his team at the Bushey Spire or Harpenden hospital.

11th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

My thanks to Mr Hextall for my posterior repair with perineorrhapy. He was very easy too speak with, explaining what the surgery would intail, I was able to ask questions without feeling foolish or any embarrassment. I did need to return one evening with a problem that needed antibiotics, the staff at Spire Bushey were excellent in contacting Mr Hextall out of hours for advice. I have now returned to work etc... without any problems. Thank you.

2nd October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I had prolapse and needed extensive pelvic floor repairs. I found Mr Hextall to be the most gentle, kind and skillful doctor. He listens and responds positively, and guided me carefully through the decision to have the surgery and the actual process. I requested the operation to be carried out with local (spinal) sedation and he agreed to do it which was a great comfort. Three months later I already feel the benefit of having undergone the operation with having greatly improved quality of life. His secretary Mrs Hughes was also always helpful which I appreciated.

26th September 2016
Written by a patient at Hemel Hempstead General Hospital

I had the good fortune to be referred to Mr Hextall some years ago for my stress incontinence. He showed kindness understanding and expertise, after undergoing day surgery to have this problem rectified I have never looked back. Recently I was referred to him again for effects suffered from menopause one of which is urge incontinence and reoccurring urine infections. Once again he was kind and understanding, he made the speaking of such intimate problems quite easy and shameless, I felt at ease and in safe hands. After undergoing a cystoscopy to rule out any underlying problems, my urge incontinence is successfully being treated with a hormone cream and hopefully I will see less urine infections. I felt confident in his diagnosis and the course of treatment he recommended.

28th August 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

After a failed operation to repair my prolapsed womb 7 years ago, I was extremely cautious which consultant to use to finally rectify my problem. A friend recommended Mr Hextall and I was so pleased she did. At my initial consultation he was informative, friendly and reassuring, detailing all my options and drawing me a diagram to help with my decision making. I decided to have a hysterectomy, which he performed a few months later and I only wish I had done this 7 years ago! I had no discomfort after the op or the weeks that followed and I was mobile very quickly. Mr Hextall's "bedside manner" put me at ease on the day of my operation and his calm and easy going presence was very much appreciated. The operation was a success and I would highly recommend Mr Hextall.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists