mr-andrew-hacker

Written by a patient at BMI The Saxon Clinic
9th March 2020

From the moment I met Mr Hacker I felt that I was in the best care. He explained everything about the problem I had with my hand and made arrangements for me to try and get some pain relief until he was able to operate. Mr Hacker explained fully about the operation to replace the joint in my thumb. On the morning of my operation I was very nervous but Mr Hacker showed me so much kindness I felt at ease. I was in and out of hospital within hours and felt very looked after. I immediately felt that the extreme pain I was in had gone. although some discomfort there was no pain 7 weeks down the line I have full movement in my thumb with no pain. I no longer take any pain relief and my Children say that the operation has changed my life. I think that Mr Hacker is an amazing person dedicated to his profession.

Andy qualified from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in 1999. He continued his postgraduate surgical training in Newcastle upon Tyne, achieving his MRCS exams in 2004. He moved to London in 2005 where he gained a place on the South West Thames specialist orthopeadic training rotation. Andy developed an interest in surgery of the hand and wrist early on in his specialist training and gained a huge amount of surgical experience in hospitals in and around South West London, including St Georges Hospital, Tooting, where he worked alongside orthopeadic and plastic hand surgeons. He spent 6 months on fellowship in hand and microsurgery at the prestigious Royal Northshore Hospital in Sydney, Australia where he worked under the supervision of Professor Michael Tonkin, a world-renowned hand surgeon. Following the award of FRCS(Trauma and Orthopaedics) in 2010 and the completion of his training in 2011, he was appointed as the consultant hand and wrist surgeon to Milton Keynes Hospital Foundation Trust where he undertakes both elective and emergency surgery to the hand, wrist and shoulder as well as general trauma on call work. As the college tutor for orthopaedics in the hospital Andy takes a very active role in the training, assessment and mentoring of medical students, junior doctors and trainee surgeons; he is also the clinical lead for hip and fragility fractures for the department, ensuring that these patients receive the best possible care and outcome during their admission. Andy is a keen sportsman enjoying rugby, skiing and country sports. He has a passion for cooking and photography and sings regularly in a barbershop choir and quartet, competing to a national level.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Hacker: http://iwgc.net/efn2c