25th September 2018

Excellent treatment from Mr de Beaux and his team to repair my moderate size inguinal hernia. Made a very quick recovery from the operation and after 3 weeks hardly any discomfort at all. Able to resume normal activity. Even after 10 days I was able to hit tennis balls in a practice session. As an added bonus the discomfort from regular periods of 'trapped wind' has completely disappeared. Great confidence in Mr de Beaux's ability as a surgeon and thorough explanation of procedure/risks prior to the operation. Felt very much at ease in lead-up period to op. Good personality and very willing to answer questions both before and after operation.

3rd March 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh

Amazing treatment by Mr de Beaux and his team. I had a complex and difficult hernia that had been operated on three times by other doctors. He took this on very confidently and fixed me !! The pre and after care and information were excellent. Hope I don't have to return but would do so with confidence. Great surgeon , highly recommended.

3rd February 2015
Written by a patient at Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh

Mr Debeaux carried out an operation on me to correct a large incisional hernia following a major bowel operation. I think Mr Debeaux is an excellent surgeon. I had heard very good reports about him and everything I had heard was true. Mr Debeaux has a very down to earth friendly manner with patients. He explained everything to me prior to the operation in layman's terms which was easily understood. He made me feel very comfortable and I had great confidence in his ability and, therefore, this made me feel very positive about the operation. After the operation he also told me what to expect and of any potential problems that could arise. He told me I could phone him if I had any problems - thankfully I have been fine. The operation was a complete success and I have had a quick recovery and everything is going well for me. I feel not only Mr Debeaux skills as a surgeon but also his obvious concern for his patients has hastened my recovery after such a major operation. I cannot thank Mr Debeaux enough and will always remember him for turning my life around and that of my family. Thank you Mr Debeaux.

2nd March 2014

Recommended by another doctor, Mr De Beaux is top of his field and undertook major surgery on me alongside another surgeon, after which there were complications. He operated a second time some months later and despite it having been relatively unknown territory, the operation was a complete success. Before meeting him, I was informed that "He can appear to be arrogant, but is very good". I believe that air of apparent arrogance stems from a combination of knowing his job back to front, and a degree of shyness.

13th October 2011
Written by a patient at Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh

Wasn't meant to be my surgeon but he did a good job and my scars are minimal.

Short link to review Mr Andrew De Beaux: http://iwgc.net/ed42