Mr Andrew Ballaro

I am a Consultant Urological Surgeon at BHR NHS Trust and provide a comprehensive urological service, I also have a major interest in the management of kidney stones. I have been a consultant for almost 10 years and am clinical lead for the urology department. I train urologists at all levels and have published widely including the latest edition of the standard medical student textbook ‘Lecture notes in Urology’.

• Urology

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

10th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Roding Hospital

I went to see Mr Ballaro for kidney stones, once he made the necessary checks, he found a stone in my ureter near my kidney, and agreed to operate as soon as the next day, which was outstanding, (Because I was going on holiday the coming week.) He made me feel very comfortable. Post-op I experienced some discomfort and pain from the procedure, I called the hospital and Mr Ballaro called me back as soon as he could, which was very comforting, I would highly recommend him.

4th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Mr Andrew Ballaro has provided me with an absolutely exceptional professional service during the last few months in his care.His immediate diagnosis and treatment for my high pressure chronic urine retention was brilliant and reassuring.This was followed a few weeks later with a Turp operation which has produced fantastic and lifechanging results for me.This is due no doubt to his highly experienced surgical skills.On top of all this he is a very friendly and nice man to deal with.Without hesitation I recommend him for any urological problems and concerns.

16th July 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

Explains procedures clearly & listens carefully looking at you and not down at notes all time as some doctors have habit of doing. Eye contact is important.

14th July 2017
Written by a carer at King George Hospital

Works in many location, confirm all the options before starting any treatment.

26th June 2017
Written by a carer at King George Hospital

Dr Ballaro is truly a gift to his profession. His care, patience, understanding, communication skills, empathy, reassurance seem to know no bounds. I have been accompanying my father to all his various hospital visits for scans, tests, etc and also to all his appointments with Dr Ballaro. We feel very fortunate to have Dr Ballaro as the specialist who arranges and oversees my father's treatment. We could not ask for more.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »