Mr Andrew Ballaro

I am a Consultant Urological Surgeon at BHR NHS Trust and provide a comprehensive urological service, I also have a major interest in the management of kidney stones. I have been a consultant for almost 10 years and am clinical lead for the urology department. I train urologists at all levels and have published widely including the latest edition of the standard medical student textbook ‘Lecture notes in Urology’.

• Urology

21st February 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Very thorough clear and informative. I am very happy to recommend!

24th January 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital

I was recently referred to Mr Ballaro following a high PSA level reading. He acted quickly in his diagnosis and carried out various tests including further blood tests, MRI scan and a biopsy. The biopsy was executed with great care and precision. On discussing the results of the biopsy his recommendation led us to another excellent surgeon at The Royal Marsden. Overall I was very pleased with the service and guidance I received whilst under Mr Ballaro's care.

6th December 2016
Written by a carer at King George Hospital

mr Andrew ballaro has given my relative and me a professional and caring attitude which is very reassuring in times of worry and stress when in hospital,him and his team have given us the best treatment and patience you could expect when in a nhs hospital,i highly recommend mr ballaro for urological treatment.

28th November 2016
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

Back in August, I developed a water infection in my bladder, this caused me considerable discomfort and pain before, during, and after visiting the toilet. After about 3 weeks of being in this condition, I was finally given my hospital appointment at King Georges Hospital. I was examined by Dr Ballaro who carried out an investigation and identified a small growth in my bladder. Dr Ballaro quickly arranged for me to have a surgical procedure to remove this/take biopsy. The procedure was carried out without any issues and the results indicated no malignancy. Dr Ballaro and his Team all acted very professionally, showed great kindness, understanding and explained everything about the procedure in great detail and clarity. My follow up visit to Dr Ballaro was also conducted with kindness, understanding and a recommendation to contact the Team again should there be any return of this condition. It is reassuring to know that I was in safe hands - Thankyou!

11th November 2016
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

I cannot thank Mr Ballaro enough for his professionalism and expertise regarding a PCNL procedure that he carried out for myself recently. My operation was conducted on the 17th October 2016, where I was left with a stent. The procedure was fully explained to myself and I was invited to ask questions regarding any concerns I had. Re - assurance and a good "Bed side manner" is very important to people who are apprehensive, like myself, but Mr Ballaro and his surgical team have this quality in spades!! The removal of my stent was performed on the 8th November 2016 and again, Mr Ballaro was sympathetic with my discomfort regarding the stent, but removed it in a pain and trouble free manner. Thank you Mr Ballard!! Please send my thanks to your excellent surgical team, who were equally as professional and easy to speak to. "TOP MAN"

Short link to review Mr Andrew Ballaro: http://iwgc.net/eeozm