11th March 2020

After having had much messing around with enlarged prostate my problem eventually came to the attention of Mr. Ballaro. He talked sense from the moment I walked in the door of his consulting room and agreed that what was needed was a prostate reduction. No more messing around trying different drugs which had little or no effect. I left the consulting room feeling very happy. Then the problems started. The problems were not with Mr. Ballaro but with the admin people in the hospital. I chased for several months to get an appointment for the operation. Got lots of promises but no action. Finally I did get a date and I arrived in the hospital on the appointed day. At the pre op assessment the nurse had told me that I would likely be in the hospital for three or four days after the operation. A friend who had had the TURP procedure a while before told me the same thing. However Mr. Ballaro was using the HOLEP procedure. He had told me that he hoped to use it but it was early days for it in that hospital. As it worked out he used it. As I said I arrived at the hospital in the morning and was operated on in the early afternoon. Someone did say to me that I might be going home the next day but I thought that they were talking rubbish. About six in the morning someone removed the catheter. Mr. Ballaro seemed to have a few students who came along to see how I was doing and to tell me how successful the operation had been. I was discharged shortly after lunchtime. That was on a Monday. By Thursday afternoon I was at a Yoga class. It's a very gentle Yoga class but still a Yoga class. By Friday morning I was happy to drive to the supermarket. Overall I can't speak too highly about Mr. Ballaro. He is someone who is decisive enough to decide what needs to be done and has the skills to do an excellent job. About six months later I was heading from Ilford to the docks at Liverpool. The traffic was atrocious. Five and a half hours for what should have been a four hour journey. I didn't need to stop for the bathroom along the way. Definitely a great success,

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
28th February 2020

I had a lot of difficulty passing water and would need to pee regularly throughout the day and night. I now readily empty my bladder and do not have visit the toilet before I start a journey or as soon as I arrive at my destination. I longer have to get up 3 -4 times a night.

2nd January 2020

Went to see Dr Ballaro today he was very professional and kind sent me for a scan straight away which didn't take long at all. Came back and was seen immediately with positive results. Then gave me advice on how to prevent further problems.

8th December 2019

I found Mr Ballaro to be very caring and he listens to you which puts you at ease - he talks to you not at you. My surgery went well and I have had a very good outcome. I would recommend him to friends and family if they needed a urologist.

Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth
19th November 2019

Mr Ballaro was the first doctor to diagnose my UPJ obstruction. He could tell I was nervous getting the results of a CT scan and explained them to me patiently. He also suggested follow up tests and the process from diagnosis to treatment if I elected to have it. He has gone above and beyond to help me, researching surgeons for me and giving me advice. I ask a lot of questions but he has never made me feel annoying. He’s just a very patient, trustworthy and kind man and an incredibly safe pair of hands as a doctor.

I have been a full time NHS consultant urological surgeon for over 10 years and aim to provide a comprehensive high quality general and sub-specialist service. I deal with the diagnosis and management of all urological problems and have a major surgical interest in the treatment of kidney stones and prostate disease. I perform high volume minimally invasive complex stone surgery and offer a range of surgical procedures for benign prostate enlargement tailored to the patients needs. I teach trainee urologists at all levels and have published widely including the latest edition of the standard medical student textbook ‘Lecture notes in Urology’.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Ballaro: http://iwgc.net/eeozm