Mr Andrew Ballaro

I am a Consultant Urological Surgeon at BHR NHS Trust and provide a comprehensive urological service, I also have a major interest in the management of kidney stones. I have been a consultant for almost 10 years and am clinical lead for the urology department. I train urologists at all levels and have published widely including the latest edition of the standard medical student textbook ‘Lecture notes in Urology’.

• Urology

28th November 2016
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

Back in August, I developed a water infection in my bladder, this caused me considerable discomfort and pain before, during, and after visiting the toilet. After about 3 weeks of being in this condition, I was finally given my hospital appointment at King Georges Hospital. I was examined by Dr Ballaro who carried out an investigation and identified a small growth in my bladder. Dr Ballaro quickly arranged for me to have a surgical procedure to remove this/take biopsy. The procedure was carried out without any issues and the results indicated no malignancy. Dr Ballaro and his Team all acted very professionally, showed great kindness, understanding and explained everything about the procedure in great detail and clarity. My follow up visit to Dr Ballaro was also conducted with kindness, understanding and a recommendation to contact the Team again should there be any return of this condition. It is reassuring to know that I was in safe hands - Thankyou!

11th November 2016
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

I cannot thank Mr Ballaro enough for his professionalism and expertise regarding a PCNL procedure that he carried out for myself recently. My operation was conducted on the 17th October 2016, where I was left with a stent. The procedure was fully explained to myself and I was invited to ask questions regarding any concerns I had. Re - assurance and a good "Bed side manner" is very important to people who are apprehensive, like myself, but Mr Ballaro and his surgical team have this quality in spades!! The removal of my stent was performed on the 8th November 2016 and again, Mr Ballaro was sympathetic with my discomfort regarding the stent, but removed it in a pain and trouble free manner. Thank you Mr Ballard!! Please send my thanks to your excellent surgical team, who were equally as professional and easy to speak to. "TOP MAN"

10th November 2016
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

I have been a patient of Mr Ballaro since 2010. I have continuous kidney stones and under his care he has kept me out of a lot of unnecessary pain. I had a lot of problems with stents encrusting as they were left in for too long for me after lithotripsy treatments. I have had to go under lots of GA's just to remove them in the past. Mr Ballaro has been fantastic in listening to me and has always offered the latest laser treatments and has managed for the past five years not to put in a stent. He is a great man and is very professional and very efficient in his work, nothing is to much trouble, he explains everything and offers advice via email should I need it. Dr Ballaro had also referred me to another specialist to help me manage my stones and I will be on medication to help to stop the formation of stones. I don't feel like just a number under his care and I am very grateful to him. I would recommend him highly to anyone

9th November 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

48 hours after having my TURP operation cancelled,surgeon saying prostate was to large, I had a consultation with Mr ballaro, three weeks later my operation was successfully carried out, saving further long term catheterisation, I cannot thank the man enough

6th October 2016
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

dr ballaro was most helpful prior to me having my surgery. he explained the procedure in detail and put me at ease. the surgery was a success and on our follow up appointment he again explained what he had done in great detail and also explained what measures I could take to prevent my condition returning in the future.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Ballaro: http://iwgc.net/eeozm