Mr Andrew Ballaro

I am a Consultant Urological Surgeon at BHR NHS Trust and provide a comprehensive urological service, I also have a major interest in the management of kidney stones. I have been a consultant for almost 10 years and am clinical lead for the urology department. I train urologists at all levels and have published widely including the latest edition of the standard medical student textbook ‘Lecture notes in Urology’.

• Urology

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

15th June 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

Mr Andrew ballaro he's a very nice doctor .he help me out with my kidney I had loads of stones . He looked after me very well have no problem what's so ever with this man .

8th June 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

I went to see Mr Ballaro today for a follow up appointment after having had a kidney stone removed by him. He greeted me warmly, was concerned about my wellbeing, listened to what I had to say and checked all my information carefully on the computer to make sure everything was alright. On leaving Mr Ballaro shook my hand, and remembering me, considering all the other patients he must see, apologised for the cancellation of my appointment. I appreciated his empathy and concern throughout the whole experience and can't make any suggestions how he could improve to give me even greater care. Michael Davis

24th May 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

Recently had a kidney stone removed, excellent experience, no pain. Procedure was late in the day so kept in overnight. Stent fitted to ensure any stray detritus was able to pass through. Moderate discomfort from the stent but no problem and it was removed, again pain free after two weeks. All concerned in my treatment were sceptical that an historic abdominal pain I had been having since 2008, and for which I had seen a number of different consultants plus numerous and varied scans, would be affected. The doubts were unfounded, I am now, pain free and extremely grateful to all all concerned with my minor op. I have had a follow up scan, and a discharge appointment with Mr Ballaro. So great op, and excellent aftercare. Many thanks to all, TVF (one pain free and very satisfied customer.)

13th May 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

I have always found Mr Ballaro very friendly and polite and always willing to listen to any problems I may have, and over my last six years of treatment I could not have asked for better care.

8th April 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

This consultant is very caring and takes great interest in you. He clarifies everything and puts your mind at rest.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »