Mr Andrew Bacon

• Neurosurgery

15th March 2017
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

I haven't actually met this man even though he performed my surgery at Hallam for ces/spinal compression. I had really poor care at another hospital and got sent to him as an emergency patient. Whilst I have problems and probably always will, it's a complicated syndrome and quite indiscriminate about the havoc it causes I really feel I walk because of this man. I kept function of my bowels and bladder and was able to walk properly again after this chap opened up my back. Given that many people have terrible problems being left too long as it can be hard to diagnose who were left a lot shorter time than I was I can genuinely say whilst I couldn't tell you what this man looks like I can say that I only have the horrible problems I do by the very nature of ces itself, because of this consultant. Quite how he managed that I walked out of the hospital the next day in the condition I was is remarkable. When ces is understood, luck plays a very small part in my recovery. That I'm absolutely convinced is about his skill. Another chap helped with my surgery as far as I understand who also couldn't be underestimated in my result but if I'm unlucky enough to ever need more surgery I hope to god it's this man who's doing it. He's really very literally quite an incredible human being. If you get ces then you want this man looking at your scans and operating, simple as that.

1st October 2016
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

Andy Bacon is a thoroughly professional practitioner, who operated on me with the utmost skill. Explaining every last detail in simple, lay terms, he set me at ease. Although I was an NHS patient, I received the same high standard of service I would have attributed to a private client. I cannot speak too highly of him or of the support staff at the Claremont Hospital, Sheffield.

15th August 2015
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

excellant consultant, did a fantastic job.

25th March 2015
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Mr Bacon is a skilled,,kind and caring surgeon. He was reassuring and very knowledgeable , giving me lots of time to ask questions. Thank you ! I owe him my life!!

Nearest Neurosurgeons