Written by a NHS patient at Spire Parkway Hospital
10th June 2024

I had my right hip replacement on the 11th of January after suffering pain for 5 years Mr Amit Kotecha was absolutely brilliant with me and put me at ease. Thank you Mr Kotecha for giving me a new lease of life.

Written by a private patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital
23rd November 2022

I had my hip replaced a year today. The operation went very well and my scar although large is neat. I was told 6 weeks recovery and that was the case. The surgeon is very knowledgeable and experienced and friendly took on board how worried i was and answered all my questions with expertise. Very positive experience although being moved the day after the operation was very painful and traumatic it was i realise necessary to go through.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital
21st August 2022

I saw Mr Kotecha about a full right knee replacement . I was impressed with how he took time to explain the benefits of a major operation and also any potential risks . Emphasis was placed on engaging with physiotherapy and doing the exercises post surgery .He answered all of my questions fully and I was totally prepared for the operation. On the day of the operation Mr Kotecha and his team reassured me and were supportive before and after the operation. On discharge two days later I was advised to adhere to the pain management plan and to keep moving as instructed. 6 weeks later , with the support of the wonderful physiotherapy team , I had 104 degrees flexibility in my knee and am pain free. This is fantastic after 2 1/2 years of severe pain and mobility restriction. Thank you Mr Kotecha, I am most grateful for everything you have done ,

Written by a private patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital
15th August 2022

Mr Kotecha - not only listened to my fears of surgery but explained exactly the benefits and helped me make the decision to go ahead with hip replacement surgery. I am very grateful to Mr Kotecha who, in my opinion, is an excellent surgeon. I am now completely without pain and can now continue with my very busy life. Thank you once again. Tina Cooper

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital
14th January 2022

I had my left hip replaced at Little Aston by Mr Amit Kotecha before Christmas. I was in so much pain and could hardly walk, after my appointment with Mr Kotecha he really explained everything to me in great detail regarding my treatment/operation, and spent so much time reassuring me that after my operation my posture/walk and pain would subside. And he was so right after my hip replacement just hours after I was up and walking I couldn't believe the difference. Fantastic after care also I would recommend Mr Kotecha and his team for anyone looking for the best care for a hip replacement. I'm now waiting for my right hip to be replaced in the next few months. Thank you for looking after me also making my life so much easier.

Consultant Hip and Knee Surgeon