mr-amgad-nakhla

Written by a NHS patient at James Paget Hospital
30th January 2021

Great pre-op care which was very informative. Doctor stressed the importance of exercise before and after which has contributed to a speedy recovery. The operation scar is very neat and is fading already after 9 weeks.

Written by a patient at James Paget Hospital
28th April 2020

This is my third review. The first one when I came out of hospital and the second one at six weeks. I had my total knee replacement a year ago this month. Due to coronavirus I had a phone appointment for my annual review. I really wanted to thank Mr Nakhla personally as he’s done such a great job, but unfortunately I could not. There’s no hint of my having had knee replacement when I walk. There’s nothing I can’t do. I’ve been doing 2 aerobic exercise classes a week, I can walk distances and have a fantastic range of movement. This man deserves all the praise that anyone can bestow on him. He is such a talented surgeon and I’m so grateful that I had the pleasure of meeting him and that he was the one to do my operation. Thank you sir.

Amgad Nakhla MB.BCh. MSc. MRCS, FRCS (Tr & Orth) is a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedics Surgeon subspecialising in hip and knee surgery. Mr Nakhla performs over 750 operations/annum of which over 400 are joint replacements. Mr Nakhla has developed particular interest in enhanced recovery and minimally invasive surgery. Mr Nakhla enjoys a wide variety of sporting activities which gives him a perfect understanding of his patients demands to lead active lives. He is a keen cyclist, skier and sailor. He is married with 2 young boys and enjoys many other activities with his family including hiking, kayaking and long walks on the beach. Mr Nakhla qualified from Cairo University in 2000 with a MB BCh (Honours). He obtained his Masters degree in Trauma & Orthopaedics in 2006. He gained membership of the Royal College of Surgeons in 2006 and became a Fellow to the Royal College of Surgeons in 2008 for Trauma & Orthopaedics. After finishing his training at Cairo University Hospitals in 2006, Mr Nakhla moved to Imperial College, London where he worked as a Clinical Lecturer for 3 years. This was followed by intensive training in his chosen subspecialty of hip and knee surgery through 3 senior fellowships. The first fellowship was at Charing Cross Hospital followed by 2 fellowships at Nottingham University Hospital where he gained extensive experience in complex primary and revision hip and knee surgery. Mr Nakhla has worked for as a full time consultant in the NHS for almost a decade. He performs a large volume of hip and knee replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery in addition to General Orthopaedics. He has particular interest in minimally invasive surgery and enhanced recovery. This enables his patients to get back to their full activities soon after surgery. Besides his clinical work, Mr Nakhla has conducted a significant amount of research in his subspecialty. He has presented his work at national and international levels and published in peer-reviewed journals. Mr Nakhla is fluent in English and Arabic and can speak German. To see what Mr Nakhla’s patients think of him go to: https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/mr-amgad-nakhla To book an appointment, please email appointment@amgadnakhla.co.uk for general enquiries, please email enquiries@amgadnakhla.co.uk

Short link to review Mr Amgad Nakhla: http://iwgc.net/eht2w