mr-amar-mohee

Written by a private patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
3rd November 2021

I have been under the care of Mr Mohee for a few years now before recently being signed off. Having previously had a number of surgeries and previous care I was able to have a great comparison between various consultants and without doubt Mr Mohee is a level above. Whatever the nature of treatment or examination in his specialised area, things can always be perceived as daunting for a patient but from the first to my final visit he make you feel extremely comfortable. No time is too much and he explains everything in a simplistic clear manner, something with previous consultants I have always found a challenge. I had two surgeries under his care and was looked after constantly throughout. I will be forever grateful to how I feel now post everything to how I was before and whilst in a health way I hope I don't need to return, if the day ever comes I need too I will have no doubt in his judgement, knowledge and experience and he will be the only urologist I come back too. I will be honest I am not normally one for writing reviews myself so to those who take the time to read this I hope it helps you in your decision making, you will have no regrets if you choose to go under his care.

• Urology

Amar Mohee is a consultant urological surgeon. His NHS practice is at the Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT), working primarily at the Manchester Royal Infirmary. Amar did his medical training at the University of Manchester, before moving across the Pennines to undertake research in urology at the University of Leeds. He was awarded a doctorate in medicine for his thesis titled ‘Infection in urological practice: bacteraemia and infective endocarditis.’ Following his research, he moved back to Manchester to complete his urological training. Before starting as a consultant surgeon at the Manchester Royal Infirmary, Amar moved to Paris for a fellowship in robotic surgery and uro-oncology at the prestigious Henri Mondor Hospital, APHP, France. He is currently the lead in urological cancer at the Manchester Royal Infirmary. Amar practises all aspects of urology but has a sub-speciality interest in urological cancer (prostate, bladder, kidney and testis). He has presented extensively at national and international conferences. He is also well published on various aspects of urological practice including erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, urinary incontinence and urinary infections. Amar speaks English and French fluently. Outside work, Amar enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children. Time permitting, Amar is a keen baker, with his son being his harshest critique.

Nearest Urologists