Mr Aman Coonar

Specialising in general thoracic surgery. Appointed in 2006. Working with a multi-disciplinary team to provide compassionate, safe and effective care. Very interested in education and innovation. I really value your feedback and comments which I hope will serve to reassure and give confidence to my patients and colleagues.

• Cardiothoracic surgery

21st November 2016
Written by a patient at Papworth Hospital

Before I met Mr Coonar, I had been seen by a number of experts, none of whom seemed able to discover what was the the real problem, let alone offer a satisfactory outcome. However, from the initial consultation with Mr Coonar, I had every confidence in him. He was calm, realistic and explained in great detail about what he could do to help me - he told things 'as they were' and I appreciated this approach. All arrangements concerned with my hospital admission and consequent treatment worked seamlessly. Before my operation, Mr Coonar explained clearly what the procedure would involve, as well as things which could possibly occur. He was sympathetic and answered questions which worried me. It was very reassuring to meet him and his colleagues before the operation and to be a part of the gentle, humorous banter they shared! After surgery, Mr Coonar visited and explained that all had gone well and was less invasive than it could have been (it is a very neat job!). I was allowed home the day after the operation. Today, I have been discharged and will meet Mr Coonar for a follow-up, later in the year. His care has, for me, been exemplary and I cannot recommend the whole team at Papworth highly enough! Thank You.

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons