mr-aman-chandra

« 1 2 3 4 »

9th March 2022

I only have two points to make which do not relate directly to Mr Chandra. As a patient who paid over £6k I did not expect to be kept waiting for my post op appt on the 7/2 for over an hour and for my second op on the 11/2 - I was booked in for 10.30 (expecting to go into theatre at say 11.15 ) but didn’t go into theatre until 12.15. From a patient’s perspective awaiting surgery it is a long time to sit waiting - almost 2 hours ;I accept part of those 2 hours would be for drops etc. but nevertheless. Mr Chandra / his theatre team/nurses were great just disappointed about the delays- with no real explanation.

3rd March 2022

A truly excellent experience all round. Mr Chandra was unfailingly kind, caring and thoroughly professional at all stages of my cataract surgery. He engenders a feeling of absolute confidence. This was an exceptional experience.

18th January 2022

Was really worried about having cataract surgery done, but Mr Chandra allayed my fears and gave me confidence to go ahead with the surgery. He works in a very calm, caring and professional manner, listens to your questions and gives you straight answers. I would highly recommend Mr Chandra to anyone, such a lovely man.

18th January 2022

Could not want better. Easy communicator, reliable, considerate and knows how to wield a scalpel.

4th December 2021

I would not hesitate in recommending Mr. Chandra. He put me at ease from the moment I first met him. He was polite, friendly and caring. He listened to all that I had to say and patiently answered all of my questions. I never felt rushed. On the day of my macular hole surgery he helped me to feel less anxious, constantly checking that I felt ok. He was just as kind at my follow-up appointments and I now think of him not only as a brilliant doctor, but also a friend. His secretary Amanda was also lovely over the phone and assured me after my operation that I could ring her at any time if I had any questions or worries about my recovery. I couldn't have asked for better treatment at every stage. Thank you Mr. Chandra.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Aman Chandra was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Aman Chandra is a comprehensive consultant ophthalmologist with a specialist interest in. General Ophthalmology Cataract Surgery Medical Retinal Disease Surgical Retinal Disease Ophthalmic Complications of Diabetes Other interests Marfan Syndrome and other inherited Eye disease. Mr Chandra qualified from Guy’s, King’s, St Thomas’ hospitals in London, and undertook ophthalmic training was at leading institutions in London including Moorfields Eye Hospital, St Thomas’ Hospital and The National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery. he completed a PhD in ophthalmic genetics and has published over 50 peer review publications. He then completed two further sub specialist surgical retinal fellowships at Moorfields Eye Hospital and The Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital in Melbourne; the largest eye hospital in Australia. Mr Chandra has a particular interest for innovation, research and training. He is a member of the faculty of surgical trainers in Edinburgh, and of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in England. He trains surgical registrars and fellows in ophthalmology, retinal diseases and retinal surgery. Mr Chandra is a recognised expert in the ophthalmic complications of connective tissue diseases, particularly Marfan Syndrome, and has published widely on this. He is medical advisor to the Marfan Trust UK. Additionally he has a further interest in genetic aspects of ophthalmic diseases. Languages spoken English & Hindi

Short link to review Mr Aman Chandra: http://iwgc.net/egntg