Mr Alun Yewlett

Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Elbow and Shoulder problems. Upper limb lead for Grantham and District Hospital Elbow lead for ULHT

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

19th November 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

Had a torn supraspanatus tendon and had this repaired by Mr Alun Yewlett at the BMI Lincoln at the end of June 2018. Everything went like clockwork from pre-op , operation, recuperation, Physio and follow up, great recovery and I am very pleased indeed.!! 5* My Brother had the same operation on the opposite shoulder 5 weeks later and has had the same great service and has recovered really fast.

30th October 2018
Written by a patient at Grantham and District Hospital

I had a major tear to my Rotator cuff in March 2017, within 4 weeks I was admitted to Grantham Hospital and had surgery to repair it. The care I received during my time in hospital was excellent. The after care and Physiotherapy followed and has helped me to regain as much use as is possible and I have retuned to full time work with no pain at all.

30th September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

I saw Mr Yewlett regarding my shoulder as I had been in a lot of pain for quite along time what a lovely caring down to earth man he is .He explained to me in terms that I could understand what the problems were and what he could do to help me and how long the recovery time would be. After the operation I was amazed that he took the time to come and see me and explained what he had done even though it was early evening and he had no doubt had a long day . The operation has been a success and I would recommended anyone who has a need to see an upper arm orthopaedic surgeon to see him his dedication to his patients is second to none. I cannot thank him enough I how have no pain and my mobility is has improved immensely .

22nd September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

Mr Yewlett did all that he said he would, 4 weeks post op I had full mobility back in my shoulder, yes it ached a bit but it no longer hurt or interfered with my sleep - fantastic! Mr Yewlett listened to my concerns and made sure I understood what he was going to do explaining the procedure thoroughly, he came to see me before I left for home and told me a bit more about the op, he also showed me images of my shoulder at my follow up appointment. Totally professional but also down to earth.

18th September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

Mr Yewlett made me feel very comfortable from the first meeting. He was very informative and advised all my options. He advised that from the xray I had arthritis and that he could operate to remove the small bony spurs on my elbow (I could not straighten my arm). He said that he could do keyhole surgery but that he would also have to make an incision in the back of the arm which would leave a scar. During the operation, while doing the keyhole, he found a foreign body in the elbow. A piece of bone that was the size of small fingernail. Because of this he did not need to do the larger incision as this obviously was the main cause of my pain and lack of movement. During my post op discussion he advised that as soon as I was asleep and relaxed that my arm straightened easily and he suspected that there was something other than the arthritis. He located the piece of bone which he said would have been a small chip and had 'grown' over some time to the size it was. Because he was able to do the keyhole first it meant that the other half of the operation was not needed. So less intrusive. I still have a little pain and have to keep up with physio, stretching the muscles, but my are is now straight. I am very thankful to Mr Yewlett.

Short link to review Mr Alun Yewlett: http://iwgc.net/ehate