Mr Alun Yewlett

Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Elbow and Shoulder problems. Upper limb lead for Grantham and District Hospital Elbow lead for ULHT

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

22nd September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

Mr Yewlett did all that he said he would, 4 weeks post op I had full mobility back in my shoulder, yes it ached a bit but it no longer hurt or interfered with my sleep - fantastic! Mr Yewlett listened to my concerns and made sure I understood what he was going to do explaining the procedure thoroughly, he came to see me before I left for home and told me a bit more about the op, he also showed me images of my shoulder at my follow up appointment. Totally professional but also down to earth.

18th September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

Mr Yewlett made me feel very comfortable from the first meeting. He was very informative and advised all my options. He advised that from the xray I had arthritis and that he could operate to remove the small bony spurs on my elbow (I could not straighten my arm). He said that he could do keyhole surgery but that he would also have to make an incision in the back of the arm which would leave a scar. During the operation, while doing the keyhole, he found a foreign body in the elbow. A piece of bone that was the size of small fingernail. Because of this he did not need to do the larger incision as this obviously was the main cause of my pain and lack of movement. During my post op discussion he advised that as soon as I was asleep and relaxed that my arm straightened easily and he suspected that there was something other than the arthritis. He located the piece of bone which he said would have been a small chip and had 'grown' over some time to the size it was. Because he was able to do the keyhole first it meant that the other half of the operation was not needed. So less intrusive. I still have a little pain and have to keep up with physio, stretching the muscles, but my are is now straight. I am very thankful to Mr Yewlett.

8th September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

Informative, helpful and gave confidence

5th September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

I attended the BMI hospital in Lincoln recently for a rotator cuff operation,which was done by Mr Yewlett and his team,the op.was very successful and the aftercare was excellent.I like to also thank the physiotherapist Carla Walker for all of her help and advice.

29th August 2018
Written by a patient at Grantham and District Hospital

I was referred to Mr Yewlett for shoulder pain, he diagnosed my problem swiftly and gave me an injection on my first appointment which saved further hospital visits. He is extremely professional and explained everything very clearly. His assistant nurse (Nicky I think ) was also very professional and supportive. I felt very reassured throughout my visit and cannot rate Mr Yewlett highly enough.

Short link to review Mr Alun Yewlett: http://iwgc.net/ehate