Mr Alun Yewlett

Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Elbow and Shoulder problems. Upper limb lead for Grantham and District Hospital Elbow lead for ULHT

9th March 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

Mr Yewlett is a very caring, thoughtful professional with huge experience. He did a reverse shoulder replacement for me 5 weeks ago which has already improved my quality of life by 100%. I would wholeheartedly recommend Mr Yewlett as someone that will take the time to understand your particular needs.

27th February 2019
Written by a patient at Grantham and District Hospital

Mr Yewlett and his team provided me with the best of care and service for my shoulder operation last May. I can say without hesitation that the results have been better than I could have hoped for. I am back to the strength and extent of movement I had in my twenties. Not bad for someone in their 50's. I cannot recommend highly enough the speed, excellence of care and the explanations I received. Every step of the way everything happened exactly when and how it was explained to me. The back up team were fantastic from pre to post operative. The follow up physio care was outstanding. I can only say that anyone planning on having surgery follow the advice given and the results will speak for themselves.

16th January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

I had a major tear to my Rotator cuff tendon after falling out with a large, garden brolly. After attending a large NHS hospital it became quite clear that the treatment to repair my injury was going to take MONTHS. As I was unable to use my right arm and was in quite a lot of pain I contacted Mr. Alun Yewlett at the BMI LIncoln. The care I received from Mr Yewlett starting with the intial consultation through to the operation itself was second to none. My time in the BMI hospital was excellent. The aftercare and Physiotherapy has helped me to regain most of the use of my arm as is possible and I am now getting on with my life with thanks to Mr. Yewlett and his team. My only concern was the problems with the BMI booking system which in the end did work but the feed back during the time between the first consultation and the operation was to say the least, very poor. I complained to the BMI head office and the responce was very negative.

8th January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

Alun identified my condition immediately and explained my options clearly without ambiguity. I opted to undergo surgery for my frozen shoulder and was in theatre within weeks after my initial consultation. Post-surgery recovery has been fast and after just 5 weeks I almost have full mobility with no pain. I highly recommend him.

12th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

The first appointment with Mr Yewlett was for me a massive relif after years of frustration with my right shoulder , he asked me to explain my problem and Mr Yewlett listened with great care and attention , and after carrying out a medical examination found the issue unlike my previous surgeons (3) ! . He explained the problem and how he was going to fix it, which he did and daily life got massively better . He is in my humble opinion a highly skilled surgeon with the best interpersonal skills I have encountered period. No matter where you live in the UK you would never regret traveling to attend an appointment/surgery with Mr Yewlett his care and skill are second to none. Thank you for your great care my shoulder is useable and pain free for the first time in a decade .

Short link to review Mr Alun Yewlett: http://iwgc.net/ehate