Mr Ali Kucukmetin

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

13th October 2016

My wife has had many years of gynaecological problems and has at times been gravely ill. She is frightened of surgery. We came across Mr.Kucukmetin almost by default; we were unhappy about the first Consultant that we initially saw and Mr. Kucukmetin was recommended by a member of staff at the Newcastle Nuffield Hospital. We knew straight away that he was a very special person as he looked at us both directly in the eye and listened attentively to everything that we said. He was incredibly caring and gentle when examining my wife and his whole focus seemed to be upon her and her needs and anxieties. At no time did we feel that we were taking up too much of his time (yet we had done). We knew that surgery was necessary and it turned out to be extremely complex. Mr. Kucukmetin is not only a wonderful communicator and listener, he is a brilliant surgeon. My wife is now well on the road to recovery and the after care provided has been as professional and caring as every other aspect of Mr. Kucukmetin's work. We can not thank him enough. Having had the unfortunate need to go through many surgical operations and uncertain medical illnesses we both can state quite categorically that we have never met a Doctor quite in the same league as Mr. Kucukmetin. He is very, very special.

17th January 2014

"I have never seen or heard of your problem before, it is going to be a challenge but I like a challenge" those were his words and music to my ears, after 3 years of fighting to have my medical problem fixed Dr Metin did just that!! He is an amazing Dr and a credit to his profession, 5* Surgeon!! Dr Metin is one of the most honest, genuine and approachable Consultant / Surgeon I have ever met, having been fighting for an answer to my illness for 3 years following surgery elsewhere my path has cross with many. If you are searching for an answer to a gynaecological issue then this man would get my vote any day, I am not saying he is going to be able to fix you but I give you my guarantee he will do his very best. While preparing me for surgery the nurse said "if anyone can fix you it is this man he is a patients Dr" and their word was a good as his, this man has given me my life back!!

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists