Mr Ali Abbasian

Specialist Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon | Orthopaedic Consultant

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

25th November 2014
Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

This doctor has a very special gift of understanding and empathy with his patient. He is attentive, supremely knowledgable and above all has great passion and enthusiasm for his work. He has a great sense of humour and a very special personal style . He actually "listens" which is very unusual in a practitioner at this level... I looked forward to the consultations with him as he is was able to make me interested in my "condition" and allayed all feelings of apprehension about my first operation. My only small concern is that he was not able to see me directly after the operation but sent his associate who I had never met and who mistook me for another patient. This aside I highly recommend this very gifted and special practitioner.

4th November 2014
Written by a patient at Guys and St Thomas' Group Practice

Mr Abbasian listened carefully to my problem of osteoarthritis in my foot and gave me a very clear diagnosis of the problem and an explanation of why my problem had developed. He showed me X rays of what he had done for another patient with a similar condition and was positive that he would be able to operate and resolve my problem. He promised that I would be able to walk without pain. He was realistic in that he warned me it would take about a year for my foot to recover from the surgery. I was able to walk the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path for 5 days in the summer without pain just a year after the operation. I had built up my walking before that as a walk leader with the Walking for Health scheme. Have not taken a single pain killer since the operation after having had pain for 5 - 6 years when walking before the operation. I had wonderfully consistent care from Mr Abbasian, seeing him before the operation, just after the operation and at the subsequent outpatients visits. I was happy to seem him after the year was up to be able to thank him for his skillful work.

Short link to review Mr Ali Abbasian: http://iwgc.net/eft3v