Mr Alexander von Roon

Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital
28th June 2020

I was a patient of Mr Von Roon at The Princess Grace Hospital in June 2020. At all times I found him to be professional and caring. From the very first time I met him I was with my son and feeling nervous and apprehensive he put both my son and I at ease and we were left feeling totally confident in his abilities and I was happy to entrust him with my surgery for bowel cancer. As mentioned in a previous review I would agree that he is a very caring man who made you feel like you were his only patient and his main priority. I feel he supported me having this operation explaining to me exactly what to expect afterwards. Another lovely touch was that he called my son immediately after my operation to ensure him I was ok and that the procedure had gone well. I would recommend Mr Von Roon not only in my opinion is he an exceptional surgeon but also a wonderful man. Ellen Sandford.

Written by a patient at St Mary's Hospital
12th December 2019

> On my first meeting at UCLH I was put at ease by Mr Von Roon. The diagnosis of cancer and inmminent operation was conveyed with empathy, not making me feel overwhelmed but gave me confidence and trust that everything was going to be okay. > Mr Von Roon has a professional and caring manner that made me feel that I was his only patient. I felt he was invested in me as his patient. > Mr Von Roon answered not only my questions but that of my family who attended each appointment as well as calling my daughter after my operation, which she felt was really personable. > Following my operation Mr Von Roon was the first doctor I saw in ITU with his team. >Mr Von Roon has a great team which saw me on a daily basis and who also answered all my questions during my recovery. > Mr Von Roon has a special manner, persona that helped me through this episode, which gave me confidence that I was going to be alright. > How can I thank Mr Von Roon for my surgery and the care given to me from my initial visit and hospital stay? I can say THANK YOU for being my doctor and would recommend others to his care.

Written by a patient at St Mary's Hospital
27th August 2019

-This doctor is the best colorectal doctor that I have come across in 30 years. -He is a very confident and able doctor and surgeon. -He answered all my worries that had remained un-answered by other surgeons. -He is also a caring and wonderful person as well. -I came away very happy after my surgery with him. -10/10 -I write this a totally independent patient and had the fortune to be seen by him.

Written by a patient at King Edward VII's Hospital Sister Agnes
30th November 2018

Mr von Roon was thorough, helpful and proficient. He explained the procedure, risks and recovery process clearly, had an excellent bedside manner and I would happily recommend and return to his practice.

Mr Alex von Roon completed his undergraduate medical training at Sheffield University and Imperial College London. He undertook higher surgical training on the Northwest Thames Rotation and was awarded a PhD by Imperial College London and a research fellowship by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. His PhD thesis focused on outcomes of ileoanal pouch surgery for familial adenomatous polyposis and metabonomic profiling of pouchitis. He underwent subspecialist training in colorectal surgery in Adelaide, Australia and St Mark’s Hospital before being appointed as Clinical Senior Lecturer and Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at St Mary’s and Charing Cross Hospitals. He performs all major and minor colorectal procedures, colonoscopy, hernia and gallbladder surgery. His specialist clinical interests include the use of advanced minimally invasive surgical techniques, the surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, colorectal cancer and ileoanal pouch surgery. He is the Clinical Lead for Enhanced Recovery After Colorectal Surgery at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. His academic interests include the use of digital mobile technologies and metabolic phenotyping in inflammatory bowel disease, familial adenomatous polyposis research and surgical education. He is currently funded by the Imperial BRC and the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He has published and presented widely on the topics of inflammatory bowel disease and familial adenomatous polyposis and is a reviewer for a number of surgical journals.

Short link to review Mr Alexander von Roon: http://iwgc.net/egaxi