Mr Alexander von Roon

Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital
28th June 2020

I was a patient of Mr Von Roon at The Princess Grace Hospital in June 2020. At all times I found him to be professional and caring. From the very first time I met him I was with my son and feeling nervous and apprehensive he put both my son and I at ease and we were left feeling totally confident in his abilities and I was happy to entrust him with my surgery for bowel cancer. As mentioned in a previous review I would agree that he is a very caring man who made you feel like you were his only patient and his main priority. I feel he supported me having this operation explaining to me exactly what to expect afterwards. Another lovely touch was that he called my son immediately after my operation to ensure him I was ok and that the procedure had gone well. I would recommend Mr Von Roon not only in my opinion is he an exceptional surgeon but also a wonderful man. Ellen Sandford.

Mr Alex von Roon completed his undergraduate medical training at Sheffield University and Imperial College London. He undertook higher surgical training on the Northwest Thames Rotation and was awarded a PhD by Imperial College London and a research fellowship by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. His PhD thesis focused on outcomes of ileoanal pouch surgery for familial adenomatous polyposis and metabonomic profiling of pouchitis. He underwent subspecialist training in colorectal surgery in Adelaide, Australia and St Mark’s Hospital before being appointed as Clinical Senior Lecturer and Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at St Mary’s and Charing Cross Hospitals. He performs all major and minor colorectal procedures, colonoscopy, hernia and gallbladder surgery. His specialist clinical interests include the use of advanced minimally invasive surgical techniques, the surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, colorectal cancer and ileoanal pouch surgery. He is the Clinical Lead for Enhanced Recovery After Colorectal Surgery at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. His academic interests include the use of digital mobile technologies and metabolic phenotyping in inflammatory bowel disease, familial adenomatous polyposis research and surgical education. He is currently funded by the Imperial BRC and the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He has published and presented widely on the topics of inflammatory bowel disease and familial adenomatous polyposis and is a reviewer for a number of surgical journals.

Short link to review Mr Alexander von Roon: http://iwgc.net/egaxi