Mr Alan Osborne

Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon

2nd November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I had a gastric sleeve procedure with Mr Alan Osborne on 21st June 2017. I would highly recommend Mr Osborne, he made me feel at ease from the very first consultation, he is extremely professional yet down to earth and approachable. I felt able to ask any questions and I fully understood all the answers he gave me. I felt very safe in his care.

4th October 2017
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

I would recommend Mr Osborne to anybody that needed either /both Bariatric surgery or GI surgery as he is very clear in telling you what you need and what he and his team are able to do, The first time i met him i came away trusting him as he was very honest in what was possible and what was not, we spoke at great length about my surgery and he told me all of the down sides and listened to all of my questions and worries, , He even sorted things out so that i could still have my operation on the booked date after i had a call from the hospital to say it was cancelled,not sure how he did it but i had another call saying he wanted to keep the date so it went ahead on the booked date. I am so grateful for all his help

16th June 2017
Written by a member of staff at Southmead Hospital

I have found Mr Osborne to be extremely competent, confident and kind. He listens carefully, explains fully and is professional and reassuring at all times. He communicates well and always has a friendly and sympathetic manner. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to friends or family.

16th June 2017
Written by a member of staff at Southmead Hospital

Mr Osborne is a very patient, understanding and approachable and always puts you at your ease. I would highly recommend Mr Osborne.

4th March 2017
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

I was referred to Mr Osborne after I was diagnosed with gallstones and removal of my gallbladder was recommended. As a registered nurse, I found the idea of surgery and the possible side effects afterwards absolutely terrifying, because I knew what could go wrong. Mr Osborne listened to me, understood my fears and suggested a way forward. He was very clear with me that surgery was inevitable, but that it could go on hold for a period of time and I felt that together, we devised a plan which we were both happy with - open outpatients appointment for 12 months alongside the agreement that no other surgeon would be involved in my care. This enabled me to build up trust in Mr Osborne, which was incredibly important and gave me enough control to believe that the decision I was making, in going ahead with surgery, was the right decision for me. This was partnership working with patients at it's very best, so thank you, Mr Osborne.

Short link to review Mr Alan Osborne: http://iwgc.net/efr4q