Mr Ajay Mahajan

Mr Mahajan is a very experienced Consultant Plastic Surgeon who takes great pride and derives immense satisfaction from his work that helps change lives for his patients.

10th February 2019
Written by a patient at Yorkshire Clinic

From start to finish I was very happy with the service Mr Mahajan provided. Mr Mahajan made me feel at ease throughout and the care I received was brilliant - I genuinely wish I hadn’t waited as long as I did to book the surgery. I feel so much more confident now and I’m over the moon with the result - thank you!

7th February 2019
Written by a patient at The Spire Elland Hospital

Mommy Makeover. I first met Ajay Mahajan at spire clinic, west Yorkshire for a consultation for breast surgery. I could not decide whether to have implants as I had lost weight and my breast were saggy and looked empty. Mr Mahajan asked if I was happy with my bra cup size which was a 36 D, I said yes! So Mr Mahajan advised a breast uplift would be my best option. i was given all the information and I was given time to go away and think about if I was sure I wanted to go ahead. I did go ahead in July 2017, I was in hospital for 1 night, surgery went well and I could see the different straight away, I had a drain in either side and these were removed the next morning once Mr Mahajan had seen that given the ok for them to be taken out, I was then discharged with pain relief and contact numbers for the ward should there be any issues. I was given a 2 week out patient’s appointment to be seen by Mr Mahajan. This is where the medical tape that covered my stiches was taken off. I must say that you cannot shower for the two weeks. But I did sit in bath and wash lower half but strip washed the top. I was advised to buy sports bra’s with the front at front to support and help recovery after to Op. I bought mine off eBay no need to buy expensive one. But buy 2 or 3. Pain wise I did only need the paracetamols that I was sent home with but I was given codeine just in case. I had this part of my mommy make over done in July 2017 then in August 2018 was able to afford a tummy tuck. 17th October 2018 I was booked in for the operation, advised I could be in for 3 nights, I did have a very big apron and was over the moon when again Mr Mahajan said he would operate on me, he removed 15lb which he informed me the morning after. The only discomfort and pain I had was from back ache, because you have to be bent/stooped over for 2 weeks till stiches have healed. Again I had 2 drains, first one was taken out lunch time the next day, but the other I came home with on the 3rd day, which I had an appointment at outpatient with a nurse to check and have this removed. I also had an appointment to see Mr Mahajan to check if there was any excess fluid retention, which can be common, I did have some fluid that was drain at the appointment. I was to see Mr Mahajan the follow week for the same reason to check for fluid, but this time when it was check I was fine and didn’t need draining. I was then given a 3 month appointment to come back to clinic. I was off work and resting but i did do small task. And felt I could drive 2/3 weeks after the operation. I was given a garment to wear for the 3 months to assist with support and healing. I was given a spare so the other can be washed. I found these very comfortable. Sometime my tummy felt swollen and if it was going to split but it DIDN’T, that’s the only way I can describe the feeling. It is now 4 month post Op and I can honestly say that it’s changed my life. Giving me confidence, spring in my step and honestly my apron did get in the way when we were having adult time! It is lovely to try dresses on and not having an extra lump sticking out not to mention the dress size, I am not a size 12 with a flatter tummy. Both operations can be done together but it was finance that stopped me having them done at same time. But it can be cheaper to have both done together. I would recommend a mommy makeover and I would recommend Mr Ajay Mahajan to do the procedures. I was always given straight forward information and no hidden charges and the correspondence was brilliant, given an email address to contact and he always replied to with down to earth, straight answers. When I saw the before and after pictures, it’s weird as now it doesn’t feel like I looked like that. You know you did but the evidence has been taken away.

24th January 2019
Written by a patient at The Spire Elland Hospital

I had an otoplasty with this surgeon a few months ago and I’m very pleased with the results , it exceeded the expectations that I was hoping for . To begin with I was quite nervous about the operation , however Mr Mahajan explained to me about all of the steps in the procedure . The explanation and General insight of the whole procedure was professional and easy understood . After I had my bandages taken off I was very happy with my results . I would highly recommend Mr Mahajan to anyone who is considering on getting an otoplasty (pinnaplasty) procedure.

23rd January 2019
Written by a patient at The Spire Elland Hospital

Today marks one week since I had my open Rhinoplasty op and I can honestly say it has been one of the most positive experiences of my life. Not only thanks to the results I am finally starting to see, but thanks to the whole process in general. Starting with consultation back in November, I immediately felt at ease thanks to Mr Mahajan, a very pleasant yet professional surgeon, who I knew straight away I would be able to trust with this life changing operation. Then on to my pre-op assessment two weeks previous, where I have to thank Maureen at Bupa, a wonderful nurse who again, settled any nerves and clarified any remaining queries I had about the day of the op. When I arrived on operation day, I spent the first few hours being greeted by numerous fantastic healthcare professionals who helped me with my preparation and again ensured a nerve-free, worry-less wait, which seemed to be over with instantly (Another special thanks to Kerri who is a credit to the team). Even the team who helped with the Anaesthetist were all amazing, one minute I was talking to them about which languages I could speak and they were answering any questions I had about their jobs and the next I was waking up in recovery not really believing it was over already! The recovery was nowhere near as painful as I imagined, aided by the fact that the staff were always there to assist in the case of any discomfort. Similarly, when I arrived home, even though I didn’t experience any real pain as much (rather a feeling of having a layer of superglue over my face which got smaller as the days went on) , I had been reminded that any problems whatsoever, I could contact the hospital for their support. Last night I went to get my bandages off and yet whilst still experiencing some bruising, I can already say that I’m genuinely over the moon. I never doubted Mr Mahajan but the result is far better than I could have imagined, so again, I owe him the biggest thank you for changing my life for the better.

5th January 2019
Written by a patient at The Spire Elland Hospital

i had wanted a breast reduction for years. Having unable to get funding on the nhs i decided to go private and find a doctor i was comfortable with and understood my needs clearly. i met a couple before i saw Dr Ajay Mahajan, and i am so glad i travelled this far to see him. He is so professional, realistic, and initially when i met him he sent me home to lose weight (BMI Was 35 and he wanted me to reduce it below 30). i have always struggled with my weight but i pushed myself because i knew i wanted Dr Mahajan to do my operation. a year later, i came back to see him having reduced my weight to bmi 28, and Dr Mahajan was happy to operate on me. i had my operation in Sept 18 and now 4 months on i am extremely happy with the results. i have gone from a 36G to a B/C Cup, my breast look and feel amazing. my back and shoulders feel so much better already. approx 600g came out of each breast. the service, care, the hospital stay at Spire Elland, Halifax was very delightful. Dr Mahajan checks on you daily while your stay in hospital and he is there all the time via emails. He is a genius. Anyone thinking about a reduction, i highly recommend him and he is definitely worth the travelling if your coming from far.

Doctors working at Westcliffe Medical Centre