Mr Ajay Mahajan

Mr Mahajan is a very experienced Consultant Plastic Surgeon who takes great pride and derives immense satisfaction from his work that helps change lives for his patients.

4th October 2018
Written by a patient at Yorkshire Clinic

Brilliant surgery with Mr Mahajan. Don't be put off by a rather brief bedside manner (!) - he is a surgeon! He is a master with the knife and did an amazing - life changing - job for me, and having done some research on other breast reductions, am extremely glad I chose him. I've recovered well and been much admire. Big thanks.

10th September 2018
Written by a patient at Yorkshire Clinic

Mr Mahajan performed my nose surgery around 5 weeks ago at The Yorkshire Clinic. I could not fault the facilities and Mr Mahajan’s bedside manner and professionalism. Even when I was nervous (I tend to say silly things or mishear what has been said when nervous!) he was very patient with me. He talked everything through and I trusted him completely. I had a few questions during recovery and Mr Mahajan was quick to answer via email and put my mind at ease. 5 weeks on, I love the shape of my new nose. I’m just hoping the swelling of my tip will go down further ! However, this is all part of the process. It is definitely not an overnight result but there are improvements each day. Anyone thinking of having this procedure needs to bear this in mind! Thank you Mr Mahajan and his team – I would definitely recommend.

16th August 2018
Written by a patient at The Spire Elland Hospital

After carefully considering the surgeon I would like for my breast reduction in July this year I decided from all the helpful reviews that Mr Mahajan was the perfect person for the surgery. From the first consultation he was very helpful and really put my mind at ease. Being 22 it was a huge life changing decision and it would affect my work as well as my personal life. Mr Mahajan fit the surgery in around my work so that I wouldn’t have to miss any time and the results were amazing. I went from a K cup to a C cup and the scars are minimal already! I’m extremely happy with the outcome and would advise anyone considering it to go for it! I had 0 confidence at all before the surgery and now I couldn’t be happier.

22nd July 2018
Written by a patient at The Spire Elland Hospital

10th July 2018. From the very outset, I felt very comfort with Mr Mahajan. He was very straight talking and direct, I like that. Please do your research very carefully before choosing your surgeon, I did this at length and decided on Mr Mahajan. I had 3 consultations prior to my Mastoplexy Augmentation operation. I have lost 3 stone and held my weight stable for 15 months. This left me with very empty breasts, which I detested. Mr Mahajan explained that my breasts were quite low on my breast plate too. I opted for breast lift with 285cc implants. Fast forward to my operation, admitted to Room 39 at the Spire, Elland, Sally my nurse was lovely. Mr Mahajan came armed with his marker pen and drew lines and measured the new location of my nipples. I was terrified but wanted this operation so badly to make me feel like myself again. Always remember, plastic surgery is a huge decision, do it for yourself, no one else. My husband was very clear on this, as was I. So off we went at 2pm to theatre. Back in recovery at around 18.10hrs and back to my room , and my husband at 19.00hrs. I was very groggy, I had a drain in each breast, on a brief inspection looking at my breasts, I was thrilled. Sadly at 02am Mr Mahajan had to be called back in, I had developed a haematoma, no ones fault, just unlucky, I was fully aware that this could happen, albeit unlikely! I was simply unlucky. Back to theatre we went, my hero nurse Carol looked after me while theatre staff were called in. Mr Mahajan , Carol, and Matt the anaesthetist were simply amazing. I couldn’t have wished for better care. Everything was explained with care and compassion. Fast forward to the next morning, Mr Mahajan visited me at 07.30am, he explained what had happened and that everything was sorted. The left breast was around 12 hours behind the right one, so they were healing at different rates. This meant I had to stay in Hospital slightly longer. The result?? Wow oh wow, we are stil healing and only 12 days post op, but the fullness and shape of my breasts are looking fantastic. We will be able to tell better after the tape and stitches are removed, but, at this moment in time, this was one my better decisions in life. The nurses at Spire Elland, Sally, Sarah, Kerry (shining star ) Carol ( a hero without a cape) Paula, Alesha, Lucy (superstar) Maureen ( the best bedside manner I have ever come across) Fiona ( direct, honest and genuine) and the anaesthetist team (patient ! Funny and calming). Finally, Mr Mahajan, am I glad I chose you? You bet I am, you were honest, patient, very direct, and a wicked dry sense of humour. I salute you Sir, you’ve done an amazing job, obviously we still have some healing to do. But I feel so happy, so complete, and feminine again, I love my new breasts and the choices I made, were good choices. Thank you so so much to everyone for my care. And massive praise to you Mr Mahajan, you’ve transformed me back to my happy self, every time I look down, I can’t stop smiling. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You.

13th July 2018
Written by a patient at The Spire Elland Hospital

What can I say. I made a consultation to see Dr Mahajan after contacting the spire clinic in Elland. I have hated my nose for years but after breaking it for a third time I decided to do something about it. I was recommended Dr Mahajan for Rhinoplasty by the guy I spoke to and I am not disappointed. Mr Mahajan is a man of few words but has a confidence and assurance about him that I felt comfortable enough to undergo surgery with him. The day of surgery I was extremely anxious but Dr Mahajan and his team made me feel at ease. Dr Mahajan came to visit me after surgery to tell me all had gone well. I was extremely anxious about the recovery and not been my able to breathe with the packing up my nose. I felt absolutely no discomfort but couldn’t wait to get the packaging out which was removed at 7.30 the following morning when Dr Mahajan visited. For anyone considering Rhinoplasty I would highly recommend Dr Mahajan and wouldn’t think twice about having further surgery

Doctors working at Westcliffe Medical Centre