Mr Ahmed Azzu

• Cardiothoracic surgery

1st January 2016
Written by a carer at University Hospital of Wales

My father was told the news that he was terminal with little time left by Mr Azzu. Dad was struggling for breath and alone in an isolation ward and feeling very anxious at this time. Mr Azzu presented the news and walked away. Dad was a broken man from this point forward. I would urge Mr Azzu to reconsider how this news is delivered in the future. Also, please consider if a close family member should be present for support. I do not doubt Mr Azzu's clinical and technical ability but he needs to find some humanity and compassion for the next patient he delivers this message.

10th October 2013
Written by a patient at University Hospital of Wales

Mr Azzu has to one of the best, if not the best Cardiothoracic Surgeon at UHW. He carried out an Aortic Valve Replacement and CABG procedure on me n July 2009 at UHW. He explained everything fully so that I understood what was going to happen. He has a friendly, gentle and kind manner which immediately puts you at ease. I was reassured by him and he allayed all my fears of the procedure. He took an interest in my recovery which was also reassuring. It is now October 2013 and I am still fit and healthy having no problems whatsoever. I have just had my annual check-up at his clinic and everything is fine. So that shows what a good job he performed on me!

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons