Mr Ahmed Abd El Gawad

Mr Ahmed Abd EL Gawad has more than 20 years experience in Plastic Surgery. He began his medical career in 1995, qualifying from Cairo University, Egypt. After successful completion of 10 years plastic surgery training in a 3000-bedded University Teaching hospital in Cairo he decided to consolidate his experience by moving to the international landmark training system in the NHS. In the UK his training included working at major plastic surgery centers including 18 months period at the renowned St Andrews Burns and Plastic Unit in Chelmsford as a Senior Fellow. He is currently an NHS Consultant Plastic Surgeon based at the Royal Liverpool University Teaching hospital as the main Plastic Surgery provider.

7th August 2018
Written by a patient at Pall Mall Medical

Mr El Gawad is more than a very skilled surgeon. He has a keen aesthetic eye and understands the concept of “less is more”. I wanted to lose my tired, bad tempered look without looking like a wind tunnel victim. It is early days, but Ithink this has been achieved. He is also a very nice man, who obviously cares very much about his patients. I trusted him completely.

30th July 2018
Written by a patient at Pall Mall Medical

I did research on plastic surgeons and decided from all the positive reviews I would see Mr El Gawad. I first saw Mr El Gawad in April this year (2018) to discuss the possibility of me having surgery after a huge weight loss. I needed an arm lift (Brachioplasty) desperately along with other things. After speaking to Mr El Gawad he was such a friendly and pleasant, honest person. He listened to me and he advised me of timings, and procedures about what was involved. He wanted to make sure my weight had stabilized and so I agreed to go back and see him at the end of June 18. We agreed on doing my surgery in 2 stages as I needed a tummy tuck plus a hernia repair. Doing it all in one go was too long of an operation so in July 18 I went into Pall Mall Medical in Newton Le Willows and had my arm lift and also a breast lift. I am just two weeks post op now and having seen Mr El Gawad for my follow up appointment I am extremely pleased with the outcome so far. I am still healing and wont know the extent of the scars but looking at the cuts so far they are very good. What also got me was that Mr El Gawad phoned me at home the day after I went home to make sure everything was ok with me and I had no problems. In clinic for my follow up he was so positive and friendly. He wont let me rush my next surgery making sure I am fully healed from this surgery first. Very wise. The staff at Pall Mall Medical are all so nice. Such lovely people.

29th July 2018
Written by a patient at Whiston Hospital

From first contacting Mr El Gawad the communication between us has been second to none. I have had reason to email him on three occasions and a reply was almost immediate. The first time he telephoned me instead of replying to my email, this was to give me assurance. He explained everything regarding my procedure step by step making sure that I understood what was happening at all times. I really cannot think of anything constructive to say that could improve my experience regarding my surgery or the way Mr El Gawad conducted himself which was professional and at the same time friendly. All the staff in the hospital had only good things to say about him. I wouldn't hesitate to contact him again for further surgery if needed.

12th July 2018
Written by a patient at Pall Mall Medical

I am 2weeks post op after having a facelift under the care of Mr El Gawad . I first met him some 2 yrs ago when he operated on my daughter . I was so impressed with his care . He was lovely with my daughter . I never thought I would have a facelift ! So in a way I chose my surgeon before the procedure It has been the best decision I have made . He is an amazing surgeon but more importantly he is caring , empathic , honest and understanding.As an ex nurse I know how important those qualities are . He is supported by a great team and I am sure he is a great surgeon to work for and with . I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone . Thank you Mr El Gawad for everything

16th June 2018
Written by a patient at Pall Mall Medical

If you’re looking for an incredible plastic surgeon who is genuine, caring, kind, honest and has years of experience, then Mr El Gawad is your man ! I went to see Mr El Gawad in January for my first consultation and I knew instantly I wanted this man to carry out my surgery. His knowledge, experience and his caring nature made me feel confident and safe under his care. At 49 years of age I wanted a breast uplift with implants and Mr El Gawad gave me the best advice on the type of implant and size that would suit my frame and I can honestly say I absolutely love them ! He clearly explained the 2 procedures to me and the kind of scar I would have ( which was the anchor ) all the risks involved and recovery process, answering all my questions. I had another 3 consultations with Mr El Gawad before my surgery and I always felt happy and relaxed after seeing him. My surgery was at the Newton Le Willows hospital and what a fantastic hospital it was, all the staff are a credit to the hospital. I had my own room which was spotless, the nurses Maxine and Bev couldn’t do enough for me, making me feel at ease all the time, Maxine gave me her mobile number when I was discharged and told me to ring her if I had any concerns no matter how small. Mr El Gawad telephoned me the night before surgery to see if I was ok and if I had any questions and again just made me feel totally relaxed, even after surgery he texted me at home to see how I was doing and I wonder how many surgeons do that. The aftercare I would say is second to none, nothing is too much trouble, no matter how many times I texted Mr El Gawad he always answered my questions within minutes and was always happy to help. I think Mr El Gawad is an amazing surgeon who goes above and beyond his duties, he’s very kind and caring with a good sense of humour and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone and if I decide to have further treatment he would be my man.