Mr Adrian Marchbank

• Cardiothoracic surgery

19th January 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Brompton Hospital

This evening I googled Prof. Sir Magdi Yacoub and Mr. Adrian Marchbank and found this page. It seems like yesterday, but next month (16th February) will be 19 years since my last major heart surgery. The surgery was my 4th and most major procedure on my heart. I was born with complex congenital heart disease and through my teens and late 20s had undergone a series of operations to save my life. It was 1999 that I first met Adrian Marchbank. He was then Specialist Registrar on Prof. Yacoub's team at the Royal Brompton Hospital, Chelsea, London. I was 31 years of age at the time and only 2 months previously had undgone an aortic valve replacement performed by another surgeon at a different hospital in London. I sought a 2nd opinion and met Prof. Yacoub and Mr. Marchbank. The surgery was very long, tedious and complex...but I survived thanks to the skill of both surgeons. I had a massive aortic aneurysm, but they resected it and saved me from certain death. I will be forever grateful to them. I remember Mr. Marchbank coming to visit me each evening after his day in theatre and checking on me. He was always extemely patient, kind and thorough. What impressed me very much was the way in which he listened to my concerns and clearly answered my questions. The South West of England is very lucky to have this brilliant surgeon as a Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon. Mr. Marchbank has a wealth of experience and has worked with the best!! If you're a patient of Mr. Marchbank take my word that you're in excellent hands. Thank you Mr. Marchbank for saving my life :) Jonathan Upton p.s. I recently celebrated my 50th birthday!!

22nd March 2016
Written by a patient at Derriford Hospital

Mr Marchbank is by far my favorite cardio-thoracic surgeon I have ever visited. Not only is he patient, kind, and explainitory. But he also was friendly and trustworthy. When I was with him I didn't feel like I was a number, I was a patient.

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons