Mr Adrian Barnett

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

11th October 2017
Written by a patient at Harrogate District Hospital

After seeing Mr Barnett for fertility problems and conceiving due to his advice over 12 years ago, I returned due to further gynaecological problems. I had seen a different consultant 12 months prior, and felt I had been pacified both with this consultant and my GP. Mr Barnett listened to me, read my notes thoroughly, and agreed treatment for me in my own time. He performed a total hysterectomy two years ago and it is the best thing I could have done and has transformed my life. I found his manner very professional, approachable and a great sense of humour which made me relaxed and confident in his advice and surgery.

8th November 2016
Written by a patient at Harrogate District Hospital

I like many had "googled " the gynaecologist at Harrogate hospital prior to my appointment for a colposcopy as I'd had a result of abnormal cells after my cervical smear test the reviews weren't great reading. However on meeting Dr A Barnett it's safe to say he was the ultimate professional, he answered all my questions with grace & humour and could not have been more reassuring. I felt I was in safe hands, and therefore compelled to put the records straight.

21st May 2016
Written by a patient at Harrogate District Hospital

Condescending and old fashioned. Went to get a missing coil removed before trying to conceive - Mr Barnett flippantly told me that I would HAVE to have a c-section due to previous history and that I "might as well be sterilised at the same time". No other explaination or reasoning. Firstly NICE suggests that VBACs should be supported. Sterilisation is also not for everyone and should only be undertaken after careful consideration by the patient - not because it's a) simpler and b) cheaper for Drs to do it whilst the woman is already in theatre... If I was less educated and more inclined to 'do as told' by dictatorial Doctors like many women are, I'd have taken his instructions on and be having unnecessary procedures - what happened to allowing patients to make informed decisions?

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists