Mr Adam Farquharson

Mr Adam Farquharson is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) having graduated from the University of Sheffield and completing higher surgical training in the Yorkshire and the Humber Deanery. He has a specialist interest in laparoscopic colorectal surgery including single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS), pelvic floor dysfunction (including faecal incontinence. obstructive defecation syndrome and rectal prolapse) and complex anal fistulas. He also has a general, emergency and colorectal cancer surgery practice incorporating the management of proctology including haemorrhoids, anal fistula and anal fissure. He undertook a specialist laparoscopic colorectal Fellowship at Concord Repatriation General Hospital in Sydney, Australia (2012-13). Mr Farquharson is the current Royal College of Surgeons of England Surgical Tutor for SaTH and a core member of the Pelvic Floor multidisciplinary team.

1st April 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I have had the best of care from Adam Farquharson and his team, I could not have had better. Having not been in hospital for an operation as dangerous as this since 1945 when a child, I was terribly nervous, but as soon as I saw Mr Farquharson I felt great confidence in him. His way of explaining put me at ease. He is also a charming man. Thank God for surgeons like him.

27th March 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I can not praise the care and attention this doctor gave me and is still giving. I would totally recommend him to anyone in need of the sort of care and expertise he has at it finger tips. From the word go of my first initial diagnosis he has given his all. If he were to disappear of the radar i would be devastated.

8th March 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

This doctor keeps you so relaxed explans your problems and cares for his patients he and all his team seem to work .so well together.After solving my problem I was called into hospital one month earlier to the first date of which the doctor gave me To have my operation. The way in which this doctor and his team has kept a eye on my progress is wonderful I have nothing but praise for all of this team along with the nurses of the Shrewsbury hospital who looked after me while I was in hospital for ten days after my operation. My experience of chemo treatment and all staff at the Lingen Davies Centre I could not fault anyone everyone was so kind and caring .

7th March 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Farquharson is an absolute first rate doctor, and his skills, care and aftercare were first class. I cannot over express how impressed my wife and I have been with his service, and also all the staff involved have been excellent. Thanks for all your good work.

9th February 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Farquharson was an absolute gentleman, he was clear about what my symptoms meant and the available options open to me. He listened sympathetically to my concerns and answered all my questions with kindness and patience. I had every confidence in him and am really happy with the care I received.

Short link to review Mr Adam Farquharson: http://iwgc.net/egam4