Mr Adam Farquharson

Mr Adam Farquharson is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) having graduated from the University of Sheffield and completing higher surgical training in the Yorkshire and the Humber Deanery. He has a specialist interest in laparoscopic colorectal surgery including colorectal cancer, single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS), pelvic floor dysfunction (including faecal incontinence. obstructive defecation syndrome and rectal prolapse) and complex anal fistulas. He also has a general, emergency and colorectal cancer surgery practice incorporating the management of proctology including haemorrhoids, anal fistula and anal fissure. He undertook a specialist laparoscopic colorectal Fellowship at Concord Repatriation General Hospital in Sydney, Australia (2012-13). Mr Farquharson is the current Royal College of Surgeons of England Surgical Tutor for SaTH, regional educational lead (HEE WM) and a core member of the Pelvic Floor multidisciplinary team.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Hospitals terrify me so you can appreciate my feelings when I was diagnosed with cancer. Then I came under the care of Mr Farquharson and his team. I was treated with professionalism, courtesy, care and understanding, and a great deal of humour. Pre-operation preparation was comprehensive and I was allocated a personal nurse who contacted me regularly by telephone and who I could contact should the need arise. On the morning of the operation I was comprehensively briefed by the registrar, anaesthetist and Mr Farquharson and made fully aware of what would happen and when.. So when I entered the theatre anti-room I was quite calm and composed. After the operation Mr Farquharson telephoned my wife to tell her that the operation had been a complete success. This was very thoughtful of him. On returning home I was contacted regularly by my dedicated nurse and have just had my 8-week check up by Mr Farquharson. I am well on the way to recovery. Thank you seems so inadequate but what else can I say? Bryan Mitchell (Grateful patient)

11th December 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Adam Faruharson, I found him to be totally professional and he treated with me care and compassion when I was extremely poorly. I can't recommend this gentleman enough.

4th December 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

After being diagnosed with Colon Cancer my wife and I were so impressed with the way that Mr Farquharson and his team handled my situation. His straightforward and reassuring manner at a time of great stress for us, and attention to detail helped us prepare for the operation. Mr Farquharson phoned my wife after the surgery and he also visited me on the Ward - with further reassurance. SaTH should be very proud to have the amazing talent of Mr Farquharson and his team.

1st November 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Shropshire Hospital

Upon meeting Mr Farquharson I was immediately put at ease. He took time to listen to the problems I had experienced since child birth, and reassured me that he could improve my daily life. I had extensive tests to ensure that the surgery would be the best option and that my condition would improve. I was so happy to hear that surgery would be a good choice and that Mr Farquharson would perform it. The whole experience has been most positive and my condition has been been much improved. I cannot thank Mr Farquharson and his staff enough.

16th October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Farquharson listened exactly to my symptoms and made a provisional diagnosis, which after all the tests proved to be correct. He apologised that I would have to wait 16 weeks for my ventral mesh rectopexy and the procedure was carried out exactly when he said. I was more than happy to wait because I had complete faith in Mr Farquharson. He prepared me well for all the likely post op symptoms and so far the outcome has been very good. I now feel I have my life back!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »