Mr Adam Farquharson

Mr Adam Farquharson is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) having graduated from the University of Sheffield and completing higher surgical training in the Yorkshire and the Humber Deanery. He has a specialist interest in laparoscopic colorectal surgery including colorectal cancer, single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS), pelvic floor dysfunction (including faecal incontinence. obstructive defecation syndrome and rectal prolapse) and complex anal fistulas. He also has a general, emergency and colorectal cancer surgery practice incorporating the management of proctology including haemorrhoids, anal fistula and anal fissure. He undertook a specialist laparoscopic colorectal Fellowship at Concord Repatriation General Hospital in Sydney, Australia (2012-13). Mr Farquharson is the current Royal College of Surgeons of England Surgical Tutor for SaTH, regional educational lead (HEE WM) and a core member of the Pelvic Floor multidisciplinary team.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

20th March 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Rushed into Accident and emergency on the 13 February 2018 with terrible Pain in my Bowels at 0530 having been in pain since 02.00 the emergency team had very little to go on to ascertain my condition! until i stated that i had a appendices operation some 5 years earlier, they did a CT Scan which revealed that i had a twisted Bowel, something like a hosepipe that was stopping the blood going to the vital parts of the bowel, It was decided that an emergency operation was needed to rectify the situation and to put it bluntly save my life as it was stated i had only hours left to live, Mr farquharson was wonderful! he explained to pros and con of the surgery the risks and the possible outcome, and that i may not be as fit as i had been i the past ensuring me that he would do his best to give me the best possible out comes for my age of 72 years , he explained that he would cut away the dead parts where the blood had failed to flow, Immediately i felt confidant in Mr Farquharson, as he reassured me he would do his best for me and my family, thankfully the outcome was wonderful, Mr Farquharson had given me back my life so that i can now enjoy the coming years that are laid out before me with members of my friends and family, Mr Farquharson even took the trouble to phone my dear wife and explained the successful outcome of the surgery which i am truly grateful for,

16th March 2018
Written by a carer at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

MR Adam Farquharson, what can you say about this brilliant consultant very caring and attention to detail at every stage of my wife,s treatment right up to the day of her operation put us both at ease including introducing her to the anaesthetist before her operation which was complicated due to her previous operations, after the operation it was nice of him to give us a call to let me know that everything had gone well,very thoughtful and the recovery was amazing cant thank him enough or his team. I am sure that the way he and his team handled the whole operation helped my wife no end and would not hesitate to recommend Mr Farquharson to any one contemplating surgery, once again many thanks for excellent care and attention. Peter Buck, Christine Bucks husband.

5th March 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I believe I have been incredibly fortunate to be under the care of Mr Farquharson. Following the shock of receiving a diagnosis of bowel cancer Mr Farquharson went on to tell me with great sensitivity that he had a plan and explained exactly what would happen to me. His manner was calming and confident and left me feeling from the outset that I was in very good hands, as indeed I have been. My surgery went very well and I was able to leave hospital after just three days. All aspects of my care from him and his team have been exemplary.

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Hospitals terrify me so you can appreciate my feelings when I was diagnosed with cancer. Then I came under the care of Mr Farquharson and his team. I was treated with professionalism, courtesy, care and understanding, and a great deal of humour. Pre-operation preparation was comprehensive and I was allocated a personal nurse who contacted me regularly by telephone and who I could contact should the need arise. On the morning of the operation I was comprehensively briefed by the registrar, anaesthetist and Mr Farquharson and made fully aware of what would happen and when.. So when I entered the theatre anti-room I was quite calm and composed. After the operation Mr Farquharson telephoned my wife to tell her that the operation had been a complete success. This was very thoughtful of him. On returning home I was contacted regularly by my dedicated nurse and have just had my 8-week check up by Mr Farquharson. I am well on the way to recovery. Thank you seems so inadequate but what else can I say? Bryan Mitchell (Grateful patient)

11th December 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Adam Faruharson, I found him to be totally professional and he treated with me care and compassion when I was extremely poorly. I can't recommend this gentleman enough.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »