Mr Adam Farquharson

Mr Adam Farquharson is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) having graduated from the University of Sheffield and completing higher surgical training in the Yorkshire and the Humber Deanery. He has a specialist interest in laparoscopic colorectal surgery including single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS), pelvic floor dysfunction (including faecal incontinence. obstructive defecation syndrome and rectal prolapse) and complex anal fistulas. He also has a general, emergency and colorectal cancer surgery practice incorporating the management of proctology including haemorrhoids, anal fistula and anal fissure. He undertook a specialist laparoscopic colorectal Fellowship at Concord Repatriation General Hospital in Sydney, Australia (2012-13). Mr Farquharson is the current Royal College of Surgeons of England Surgical Tutor for SaTH and a core member of the Pelvic Floor multidisciplinary team.

9th February 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Farquharson was an absolute gentleman, he was clear about what my symptoms meant and the available options open to me. He listened sympathetically to my concerns and answered all my questions with kindness and patience. I had every confidence in him and am really happy with the care I received.

7th February 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

* Skills as a surgeon * Approachable / friendly and reassuring * Precise/ Concise / spells it out in a professional yet empathetic manner * Following diagnosis, the manner and speed in which he consulted with me and operated was just simply excellent. When you are diagnosed with cancer your whole world comes crashing down and Dr Farquarson is the ideal doctor and man that you need at times like this. * The aftercare from him and his team is brilliant too

26th January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I have a great regard for Mr Farquharson,since my treatment began in December 15 he has reassured both myself and my wife and kept us fully informed every step of the way.After my initial operation he even took time to phone my wife and tell her how it had gone.I can say that I would have no problem in recommending him to any one, he has a wonderful bedside manner and puts you at ease at all times, and goes out of his way to explain everything in detail.

18th January 2017
Written by a patient at Princess Royal Hospital

I believe that Mr Farquharson has saved my life following a very slow referral process during which the necessity of the operation he performed on me was doubted rather than encouraged by my local medical practice. I suggest that more time be taken within the NHS to ensure that experiences such as mine are properly aired, so saving the lives of others.

12th January 2017
Written by a carer at Princess Royal Hospital

My father went into hospital in January 2016 with not much chance of survival but Mr Adam Farquarson did a miracle job in saving my father and he did a right Hemicolectomy as his cancer spread from his appendix that was taken out. He is a marvellous surgeon and he has a lovely personality and is very easy to talk to, You are lucky to have a person like him on your team because a year later my father is still with us.

Short link to review Mr Adam Farquharson: http://iwgc.net/egam4