Mr Adam Farquharson

Mr Adam Farquharson is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) having graduated from the University of Sheffield and completing higher surgical training in the Yorkshire and the Humber Deanery. He has a specialist interest in laparoscopic colorectal surgery including colorectal cancer, single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS), pelvic floor dysfunction (including faecal incontinence. obstructive defecation syndrome and rectal prolapse) and complex anal fistulas. He also has a general, emergency and colorectal cancer surgery practice incorporating the management of proctology including haemorrhoids, anal fistula and anal fissure. He undertook a specialist laparoscopic colorectal Fellowship at Concord Repatriation General Hospital in Sydney, Australia (2012-13). Mr Farquharson is the current Royal College of Surgeons of England Surgical Tutor for SaTH, regional educational lead (HEE WM) and a core member of the Pelvic Floor multidisciplinary team.

« 1 2 3 4 »

1st August 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

When I first met Mr Farquharson, I was experiencing a very low quality of life due to a rectal prolapse. A comprehensive outline of the procedure was given. I was very nervous but he was very reassuring while also being very realistic about the risks associated with the procedure and thereby setting my expectations accordingly. I am delighted the procedure was a great success and I am now once again able to do everything I was able to before my prolapse occurred.

30th July 2017
Written by a patient at Princess Royal Hospital

Mr Farquharson and his team on the 21stJuly 2017 were very professional and extremely pleasant.

28th July 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I have found Mr. Farquharson both approachable and caring, I feel I am in very safe hands. I am more than pleased that he is my Consultant.

25th July 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I found Mr. farquharson to be very professional, caring and understanding explaining proposed treatment in detail. he made myself and family at ease and we were able to discuss with him my concerns and I felt very reassured.

25th July 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Farquharson has been wonderful, sorting out my problems very quickly. He explains things thoroughly but in a way that is easy to understand. He is very kind and caring and made me feel very much at ease. Everyone I saw in my appointments with Mr Farquharson's team were brilliant. Mr Farquharson also referred me very quickly to Sister Ebanks who has also been wonderful helping me with MS related bowel issues, Sister Ebanks quickly sorted things for me and offers great follow up. I am very grateful to Mr Farquharson, SR Ebanks and all in the treatment centre for their care, kindness and consideration. Thank you all very much.

« 1 2 3 4 »