Mr Adam Farquharson

Mr Adam Farquharson is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) having graduated from the University of Sheffield and completing higher surgical training in the Yorkshire and the Humber Deanery. He has a specialist interest in laparoscopic colorectal surgery including colorectal cancer, single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS), pelvic floor dysfunction (including faecal incontinence. obstructive defecation syndrome and rectal prolapse) and complex anal fistulas. He also has a general, emergency and colorectal cancer surgery practice incorporating the management of proctology including haemorrhoids, anal fistula and anal fissure. He undertook a specialist laparoscopic colorectal Fellowship at Concord Repatriation General Hospital in Sydney, Australia (2012-13). Mr Farquharson is the current Royal College of Surgeons of England Surgical Tutor for SaTH, regional educational lead (HEE WM) and a core member of the Pelvic Floor multidisciplinary team.

15th June 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Friendly, professional approach; clear, concise diagnosis and prognosis. Very successful operation and faultless back-up. A credit to the NHS.

4th June 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I cannot thank Mr farquarson and his team enough for the care I received. I was treated with dignity and respect at all times. It was scary at times when it became clear I required a sigmoid colectomy and the risks were explained to me. I know these risks have to be explained but my only negative about my experience is that after explaining risks I do feel the benefits should also be explored with the patient. I was feeling so ill and left that consultation feeling terrified of the risks . On balance I made the decision to go ahead as I could not continue as I was. I do feel that a balanced consultation about both risks and benefits would have made my decision easier for both me and my family. That said, the surgery and aftercare were faultless and I have not felt so good for a very long time.

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Approachable / friendly and reassuring / Precise/ Concise / Professional yet empathetic manner. I have great regard for Mr Farquharson and his Team. Since having had my operation and follow on treatment ,he has reassured both myself and my husband and kept us fully informed every step of the way. After my operation he even took time to phone my husband to inform him as to how the operation had gone. I can say that I would have no problem in recommending him to any one, with his wonderful bedside manner and puts you at ease at all times, and goes out of his way to explain everything in detail.

1st April 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I have had the best of care from Adam Farquharson and his team, I could not have had better. Having not been in hospital for an operation as dangerous as this since 1945 when a child, I was terribly nervous, but as soon as I saw Mr Farquharson I felt great confidence in him. His way of explaining put me at ease. He is also a charming man. Thank God for surgeons like him.

27th March 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I can not praise the care and attention this doctor gave me and is still giving. I would totally recommend him to anyone in need of the sort of care and expertise he has at it finger tips. From the word go of my first initial diagnosis he has given his all. If he were to disappear of the radar i would be devastated.

Short link to review Mr Adam Farquharson: http://iwgc.net/egam4