mr-adam-ajis

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a private patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital
5th March 2021

Having recently moved to West Sussex, it was not easy to find locally a consultant who specialises in ankle surgery and it was a pleasure to find Mr. Ajis. He and Emily happily helped with my insurance claims to ensure the procedure was completed at short notice over the Christmas New Year period as requested by me. I had day surgery for an ankle impingement and loose bone chip in the joint. The surgery was virtually pain free and the hardest part of recovery was 'keeping my ankle above my nose'! Everything settled down after 10 days and now after physio I am almost back to normal after 10 weeks. I must say Mr. Ajis was easy to talk to, easy to follow, fielding all my questions. Emily, Mr. Ajis' PA, was marvellous in handling all the appointments and insurance necessities. I thoroughly recommend Mr. Ajis and his team and would go back should I ever encounter problems with the other ankle.

Written by a NHS patient at St Richard's Hospital
4th March 2021

Total Ankle Replacement. I feel very fortunate that Mr Ajis undertook this operation for me in safe conditions during the Covid 19 pandemic. I had waited for twelve months for the procedure and hence my general physical state had suffered and I looked forward to reduced pain from my left ankle in future. My ankle was re-scanned in mid- December and the details were reviewed by Mr Ajis and sent to America for manufacture. Mr Ajis explained the procedure he would use, which was cleverly displayed in his online video. During the 2-3 hour procedure he made a 15cm incision at the front of the ankle, milled out two specific areas on my bones and screwed the metal and plastic prosthetic into place. After stitching and recovering from the anasthetic I returned home the following day with instruction not to weight-bear on the left ankle for a fortnight. I was most impressed by the lack of significant pain during this period and glad to have the plaster slab and the stitches removed . After taking life easy for a further month I was able to use the ankle normally to walk around the house without the assistance of a zimmer frame or walking stick. Within a further couple of weeks I was able to walk unassisted for ½ mile and with very little pain. Throughout the procedure I was very impressed by the calmness and professionalism of Mr Ajis. He is a very pleasant man and always concerned for the welfare of his patients. I would recommend Mr Ajis to anyone considering a Total Ankle Replacement procedure. Gerry Russell

Written by a private patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital
1st March 2021

I had a painful Morton's Neuroma and a large bunion on my right foot. Adam Ajis was excellent in the consultation, very reassuring and explained clearly my options, Answered all my questions and helped me decide what to do. I had day surgery and felt completely safe regarding Covid. Only very mild pain after the operation managed easily easily with painkillers at home. Other than that it has been pain-free the whole time. I am now six weeks on and can honestly say it has been an easy recovery. I am now walking almost completely normally. I'm so very pleased I've had this done and would recommend it to anyone considering bunion surgery and definitely would recommend Adam Ajis.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Brighton
22nd February 2021

After many years of pain in my ankle I was referred to Mr Ajis. Since day one I can only say that his skill and attention to detail is outstanding. After a full examination, his suggestion was we try an Ankle Arthroscopy as this was the least intrusive option but he did say it may not work. While it did help for a while the original problem soon returned and I knew that the total ankle replacement was going to be the only option to permanently fix the issue. I must admit I was not sure about this level of surgery and the recovery time required but Mr Ajis was very confidant it would fix my problem and I would soon be back on my feet and pain free. I agreed to the operation and I knew I was in good hands. We managed to get the operation done in December 2020 despite all the Covid dramas and restrictions. The operation has been a total success and I can not recommend Mr Ajis and all the people that work with him highly enough. It is now mid Feb and I am walking well, even got back on my bike yesterday. Good job Mr Ajis thankyou. Kevin Baker.

Written by a NHS patient at Worthing Hospital
19th February 2021

Mr Ajis, operated on my foot to straighten my toe on 25 November 2020. I am so pleased as my toe is completely straight now. I haven't experienced any pain whatsoever from the day it was operated on and I am now wearing my ordinary shoes once again. Mr Ajis, explained everything that was going to happen, during the operation and afterwards came to see me to make sure that I was alright. So thank you once again Mr Ajis, it was a pleasure being one of your patients!

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Adam Ajis was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Do you suffer with a constant pain in your foot or ankle? Are you embarrassed about about the shape of your feet or have difficulty in finding shoes that fit well? Perhaps you have a bunion or other toe deformity. Perhaps you struggle with an unsteady ankle that is affecting your sport. You may even have worsening pain and stiffness developing in your ankle or your foot. Don't suffer needlessly in silence. Come and see us, we can help. 0333 050 8662. We have clinics at Nuffield Health Chichester, Goring Hall Hospital Worthing and Nuffield Health Brighton

Short link to review Mr Adam Ajis: http://iwgc.net/egjdu