Mr Abraham Manoj Thomas

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

25th June 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Gwent Hospital

I have suffered chronic back pain for several years to the extent that I am almost house-bound. I have tried several ways of finding relief but to no avail so a referral to this doctor was seen as a last resort. What I got was someone who showed no interest in my condition, he totally dismissed my problem re spinal injections, I have a deep-seated fear of needles. His only comment was that he had never met anyone with that problem. I had hoped to be referred to the pain clinic, but although he finally agreed to a referral, he was totally negative as to whether this would help me and basically said that my only resort was to ever increasing pain killers. It is interesting that a lot of my comments mirror the previous reviewer even down to the delay in being seen and the non-committal attitude of the rest of the staff. The end result is that I have become thoroughly depressed, made worse by the fact that I am sure that if I went private the attitude would totally change.

6th April 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Gwent Hospital

Mr Thomas has been my consultant for a number of years through the nhs. Recently he administered pain relief injections to my lower back. Although this time I haven't had the results if have liked, this isn't the fault of Mr Thomas. He explained that they don't always work along with the risks involved in this as in any medical procedures. I found him to be thorough, approachable, extremely knowledgable (as you'd expect) a great listener with a relaxed attitude that made me more confident in explaining my symptoms and the effect this problem has on my day to day life. Mr Thomas is a consummate professional that I trust completely and would recommend to anyone who has suffered back pain.

2nd September 2015
Written by a patient at Royal Gwent Hospital

Did not explain things to me . Basically told me a lot more chance of worse problems if I was to have injections left me feeling helpless just sat there and said what do you want done? I have no idea as I'm not trained in back surgery. Also one of my appointments I had to wait 40 minutes just to see him for enough time to shrug his shoulders and tell me he did not have my notes so would have to book another appointment :( also the nurse that was in the room with him was browsing wedding dresses on the hospital computer while I was waiting to be seen

Short link to review Mr Abraham Manoj Thomas: http://iwgc.net/ef8uu