Mr Abhiram Sharma

General and Colorectal Surgeon special interest in minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic surgery and TEMS/TAMIS pelvic floor surgery IBD surgery including ileoanal pouch open and laparoscopic hernia surgery laparoscopic cholecystectomy

11th February 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Mr Sharma was excellent. He listened to my description of my symptoms and related concerns. He explained and discussed the options and his recommendation. As my condition changed throughout my time in his care he adapted his approach to best address the changes and give me the outcome that I sought. The whole of the nursing team on Ward A4 at Wythenshawe Hospital were also superb and listened to my concerns and allayed my fears. I have had spells in a few different hospitals under different consultants, and my experience under the care of Mr Sharma and his team at Wythenshawe stands out above all the others.

6th February 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Mr Sharma is extremely professional, understands your fears, listens to your questions and concerns and takes the time to answer you so that you understand what the problem is and how he is going to resolve it for you. In my case I feel I have had an excellent 'doctor / patient' relationship. Prior to surgery his honesty in explaining the possible outcomes helped me to come to terms with potential situations; I felt reasonably prepared for a 'worse case' scenario.

5th February 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

On my first consultation with Mr Sharma, he asked me questions as to what sort of conditions I was experiencing. Having listened to my description he went went on to tell me what he intended to do to find out what the problem was. He told me that on my next appointment as a day case, he was going to perform a Upper Endoscopy and went on to explain in very good detail, just what I could expect to happen on the day. On that next appointment, he met with me to describe just what and how the procedure was going to be undertaken and put me completely at ease. Throughout the procedure I was conscious of what he was doing which didn't cause me any anxiety at all as it was just how he had described it was going to be. Job done. On the follow up appointment, he ran through all the salient points he had found during the procedure and really put me in the picture as to what was wrong, what could be done about it and to what end I had to adapt my eating habits in order to control the symptoms. Having answered my questions about the condition ( Sliding Hiatus Hernia), I was discharged back to the care of GP and I left the hospital feeling totally happy with both the treatment advised and to the excellent care I had been given by Mr. Sharma.

27th January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I was amazed at Mr Sharma’s kindness and dedication to my care and treatment through the process. He was so informative throughout and kept my husband involved at all points too. Such a kind and courteous doctor would travel anywhere to be treated by him again. Hopefully I don’t need it though!

21st January 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

A very Professional Consultant.

Short link to review Mr Abhiram Sharma: http://iwgc.net/ef2fo