Mr Abhiram Sharma

General and Colorectal Surgeon special interest in minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic surgery and TEMS/TAMIS pelvic floor surgery IBD surgery including ileoanal pouch open and laparoscopic hernia surgery laparoscopic cholecystectomy

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I recently got referred to Bupa and Mr Sharma. From day one he was informative and very caring. My diagnosis was a difficult one and kept me informed and helped tell me all the details in an appropriate manner. The surgery carried out was fantastic. I didn't require a stoma bag and the scaring was clean and tidy. Throughout the whole process Mr Sharma was professional, detailed and really showed a caring and understanding attitude. Thank you for helping me through this difficult time.

8th January 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Bowel Cancer. From the outset, Mr Sharma has delivered a excellent service in every way. I presented with a tricky and worrying diagnosis and Mr Sharma has delivered through his hard work and technical ability. Not only did he carry out tricky surgery, but the after-care and professionalism shown by him and his team has been nothing short of the best. A true gent too who I feel like has given me an excellent chance of beating this diagnosis now, despite the difficulty I faced. I was extremely fortunate to have been assigned to someone as skilled, professional and as hard working as Mr Sharma.

14th December 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I was referred to Mr Sharma after I found a lump in my abdomen. He was kind and efficient and I quickly got the scans I needed to confirm a diagnosis of bowel cancer. Mr Sharma explained the nature and location of the cancer, the details and risks of the operation and was attentive and compassionate in answering any questions I had. Within minutes of leaving the consultation room I had a phone call with an operation date which was only two weeks later - my cancer was large and as I understand it quite advanced, Mr Sharma ensured it was addressed quickly. It appears he works well with other professionals as throughout my care he referred to discussions he'd had with the multi-disciplinary team and how those discussions had informed decision making around my care. After my operation Mr Sharma phoned my spouse himself to summarise how the op had gone and visited me himself that afternoon. Whilst I was an inpatient he checked in regularly with me. There were some issues around pain management and Mr Sharma listened to me and ensured these were addressed. I could not have wished for a better experience of a surgeon and I am very grateful to him and his team for their expertise and their care. Many, many thanks Mr Sharma. UHSM, you would do well to keep him.

12th December 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Mr Sharma removed my gallbladder at Spire. He explained the procedure in detail, and the possible pitfalls of the operation. He listened carefully to what I had to say and treated every question seriously, and explained carefully what possible effect they would have on the result of the operation. On the day of the operation he was reassuring an considerate, as were all the staff at Spire. After the operation he visited me to confirm it was successful. At the post operation follow up he again listened and answered my questions. At all times he was attentive and interacted well with me. The surgery was, as far as I can tell carried out skillfully. After only a couple of days I was feeling almost totally recovered.

11th December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Sharma was efficient , no nonsense, gave all of the facts and ensured I was completely aware of the procedure I was having - This is what medical practitioners are supposed to be like.

Short link to review Mr Abhiram Sharma: http://iwgc.net/ef2fo