Mr Aali Sheen

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

19th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I would thoroughly recommend Professor Sheen, he’s a really lovely, genuine guy and really makes an effort to get to know you. Professor Sheen repaired an umbilical (belly button) hernia for me and I have to say I am amazed at how neat the scar is and it follows the natural curve of my belly button so it’s well hidden. I’m an ex international javelin thrower so being in the gym is a natural part of my life and something I was desperate to get back to despite causing the hernia through weightlifting in the first place. In my day job I’m a software consultant and being sat at a desk and constantly up and down throughout the day. To my surprise I was able to drive comfortably within a few days, I only felt I needed the painkillers for a couple of days too, although I had a few niggles getting up and sitting down every so often. I was swimming within 10 days of the hernia repair and cycling by the time two weeks came around. I got back to a full gym workout again with light dumbbell’s within 3 weeks and was lifting 70% of my normal heavy lifts by 4 weeks so I couldn’t be happier.

7th June 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

My GP diagnosed a Hernia. I carefully researched possible choices of surgeon before getting my GP to refer me to Professor Sheen. I wanted someone who specialised in hernia operations rather than a general surgeon who performed occasional ones. Mr Sheen immediately put me at ease during my initial consultation. He was friendly and very informative. On examination he discovered that as well as the hernia on my left hand side I had a recurrence of a hernia on the other right which had been repaired nearly 40 years ago. He proposed repairing both sides using laparoscopy at the same time. He was re-assuring while he outlined what the operation entailed and the associated risks. He also gave me a leaflet he'd produced which gave useful information on what I could do at various stages after the operation. On the day of the operation at the Spire Hospital, East Didsbury, he saw me before going into theatre and was again very re-assuring. After the operation he came to see me again and and explained what he had had to do during the operation which had taken more time than he originally thought partly because of a lipoma at one of the sites. After the operation I had severe bruising and some swelling in my genitals (one of the side effects Mr Sheen had warned about) and needed painkillers for the first three days - but only Paracetemol and Ibuprofen. After three days I only had a bit of discomfort and the bruising and swelling started to subside - completely disappearing at two weeks. Luckily I didn't develop a significant seroma at the site of either repair (one of the likely complications). After two weeks I could cycle again and by four weeks I was able to cycle 40 miles quite happily. I saw Professor Sheen again at about 6 weeks. He checked me over and was satisfied with the outcome. I would highly recommend Professor Sheen.

30th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Had my gall bladder removed by Mr. Sheen in early January. I chose him from a list of consultants having read their experience, qualifications and reviews. He was definitely the right person and on my initial consultation he gave me great confidence explaining in detail what he would do to ensure a speedy recovery and minimise the chance of any complications The operation was on a Friday afternoon and I flew home Sunday afternoon. Writing this at the end of April.All has gone well with minimal inconvenience because of the lack of a gall bladder. I was right to put my trust in Prof Sheen...... thank you.

15th April 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Prof Sheen, relaxed, professional, competent. A good choice for anyone requiring hernia repair. A good experience with the care provided by the Spire hospital. Recovery follows the time-scale presented in his leaflet I would recommend his services to anyone

3rd April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I chose Aali Sheen for a double hernia repair and I am so glad that I did. His advice was second to none and he made me feel at ease. The operation itself was a great success. I was off work for 2 weeks following the operation but the pain I experienced was minimal. The scars have been healing very nicely. I started exercising on my 3rd week, just swimming which was in the handy leaflet which Professor Sheen gave me at my first appointment. This was really useful to refer to throughout my first few weeks to ensure everything was as it should be. I drove at the end of the 3rd week, I could have driven by the end of the 2nd week but hadn't needed to.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »