Mr Aali Sheen

21st December 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Following my initial consultation with Professor Aali Sheen I had total confidence in him and his approach. He described in detail how the procedure would be undertaken and any risk involved in a friendly and reassuring manner. On the day of the operation Professor Sheen and the anaesthetist Dr Paul Foster both consulted with me before and after the surgery and were keen to ensure I was comfortable at all stages. The professor is certainly a hernia expert. My operation was a relatively long one (90 minutes) to repair significant damage and was completed at 18:30 in the evening. At 06:30 the following day I was dressed and moving around the room/ward. By noon, following a review by a senior nurse, I was discharged. Prior to the operation I had been suffering with a large stomach hernia for close on 20 years and having never even visited a hospital let alone had any kind of surgery or medication I reluctantly succumbed to the constant aches and pain. Following the operation I did not need any additional pain relief and whilst there was post operative discomfort, which had been explained to me, I was amazed how few issues for such major surgery I was experiencing. 4 weeks later and looking at the area of my body where the procedure took place you cannot see that anything has been done with the exception of two small 2cm red lines on my left hand side which have been reducing in size since the operation and I expect them to disappear in time. The post operative difference in how I have felt over the last 20 years is simply remarkable and difficult to describe. I would have no hesitation in recommending professor Sheen to anyone with a hernia.

21st December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Sheen completed a very successful left spigellian hernia repair on me at the Spire Hospital in Manchester. At the initial consultation he clearly explained the procedure he wished to carry out (TEP with tissue glue fixation). I didn't have to wait long for the surgery appointment and all went very smoothly. The hospital staff and the facility itself were excellent. No after affects from the anaesthetic and I had very little soreness at all from the surgery and dispensed with the painkillers after only 3 days. Quite remarkable really (my previous experience with hernia surgery 30 years ago was somewhat different). Only left with a tiny scar from the keyhole procedure, which looks like it will probably almost disappear. I was back in the gym within 3 weeks, taking it easy initially, but without any discomfort.

30th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Sheen treated me for a gallbladder removal. The initial diagnosis was well handled, al my meetings with Mr Sheen were pleasant and very amicable. The surgery preparation was excellent, and the aftercare was brilliant. I can't tell you much about the surgery as I was under anaesthetic - which is how it should be!! I was released from hospital on the same day after Mr Sheen had personally visited my room to let me know all was well. Thank you.

23rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I do not hesitate in recommending Professor Sheen to you. He carried out a bilateral inguinal hernia repair on me four weeks ago, at the Spire hospital, Manchester. I have made a good recovery, exactly as he explained to me., with extremely minimal scarring. He is a very skilled, professional and caring surgeon. I was not charged for my follow up consultation! Although I could have done without needing surgery, I am grateful that it was professor Sheen that performed the operation.

22nd November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Went out of his way to be helpful and reassuring. Surgery carried out on time and on budget. Recovery was speedy, just as he predicted, with minimal scarring.

Short link to review Mr Aali Sheen: http://iwgc.net/eeqnw