Mr Aali Sheen

16th December 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Prof Sheen successfully repaired my parumbilical hernia. He was very pleasant and engaging throughout the process - from the initial consultation through to the follow-up meeting after the operation. I was fully informed about what the operation entailed and what to expect. In spite of the obvious pressures on Prof Sheen's time, he was never rushed and he went to great lengths to put me at my ease. On the day of the operation itself, Prof Sheen took time to visit me post-op, in spite of an obviously busy operation schedule, to check that I was okay and to ensure once again that I knew what to do/not to do during the recovery phase, prior to my discharge. Prof Sheen is a very calm, relaxed, personable and (most importantly) able surgeon and he very evidently puts his patients first.

11th December 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Having been diagnosed with a Bi-lateral Inguinal Hernia I set about finding out exactly what this was and how it is surgically treated. I researched the various types of Hernia operations both Open and Laparoscopic (Key Hole) and learnt the Laparoscopic method had many more advantages such as quicker recovery and less post operative pain. I now needed to find a Surgeon, someone who specialised in Hernia repair and used the latest techniques. I discovered the Manchester Hernia Clinic and Professor Sheen who had a wealth of experience and used the TEP (Totally Extra-peritoneal) Laparoscopic method coupled with Tisseel glue to secure the Hernia repair mesh. In short, the best technique and materials available... Professor Sheen is very confident in his work and it's clear he has a passion for it. He explained the operation in depth and answered all of my many questions. On the day of my operation I had very little anxiety knowing I was in great hands. Fast forward two months and I'm recovering well, no more Hernia for me thanks to Professor Sheen!

5th December 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I'm a Television Cameraman, my job is very physically active, with lots of bending, twisting and carrying heavy loads. Over the years I've had quite a few injuries and operations to repair me, so I've seen more than my fair share of surgeons. From my first meeting with Professor Sheen I felt completely at ease in his company and reassured with his professionalism & relaxed manner. He carried out keyhole surgery on a double hernia on myself. The recovery period was remarkably quick and I was back in work within 4 weeks. There was a 2 week phased return to work due to the heavy physical nature of my job, but after 6 weeks and some physiotherapy, I was able to carry out all of my work duties again. I saw Professor Sheen just over 6 weeks after surgery for review, we'd a very pleasant chat, it was like we'd been friends for years. He carried out a thorough examination of his work. We all agreed it was a job well done. I'd had surgery 4 years previously with a different surgeon on a problem with my inguinal ligament . This had been mostly successful but had left me with some continuing discomfort. That old pain has now greatly reduced thanks to Professor Sheens work, so I'm absolutely delighted with the outcome and can't thank him enough. Thanks also to the Professors team at the Alexandra Hospital who helped make it such a stress free experience.

27th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Sheen is reassuringly friendly, giving positive advice in an unhurried way. I had a full explanation of his proposed treatment and his post operative findings.l am recovering well and feel that I have been fortunate to have any anxiety and stress removed by his care thanks to him.

12th August 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Extremely caring and very professional, I couldn't rate him highly enough. My Gallbladder was seriously infected, but he still managed to remove it using the key hole procedure, to which I am very grateful.

Short link to review Mr Aali Sheen: http://iwgc.net/eeqnw