Mr Aali Sheen

17th April 2018
Written by a carer at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Professor Aali Sheen operated on my wife Mrs Littlewood to remove her gall bladder and he is clearly an expert in his field. The entire process was handled with professionalism and care and his bedside manner and aftercare were excellent. I would highly recommend Professor Sheen and he couldn’t have looked after my wife any better.

8th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I recently traveled from the Isle of Man to Manchester for a laparoscopic left inguinal hernia repair. Professor Sheen was calm, professional, knowledgeable and inspired confidence throughout the whole process. His written recovery advice outlined exactly what to expect after the procedure and was extremely accurate (and therefore very reassuring as a patient). I would have no hesitation in recommending Professor Sheen and wish him continued success in the future.

5th February 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Re gall bladder removal surgery Excellent interpersonal skills and pre and post operative consultations. Complete successful recovery within 15 days of keyhole surgery. Competent, professional and inspires confidence in his patients. Based on my personal experience I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending him as a first choice.

27th January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Professor Sheen is a magnificent surgeon, his work is superb, efficient and generally he is an excellent professional. I had laparoscopic hernia repair on two inguinal hernias (either side). My surgery was on the 15th December, by Christmas I was more or less back to normal. By the second week in January, I was training properly again in the gym after some light exercise (Walking, Rolling, Stretching). I'm now on my way back to normal fitness (and weight), it will take a couple of months but I cannot thank Professor Sheen enough for remediating the constant burning and uncomfortable pains I had for almost a year. One cannot express the difference this has made to my life and I only wish I met Professor Sheen sooner. Thank you & god bless.

21st December 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Following my initial consultation with Professor Aali Sheen I had total confidence in him and his approach. He described in detail how the procedure would be undertaken and any risk involved in a friendly and reassuring manner. On the day of the operation Professor Sheen and the anaesthetist Dr Paul Foster both consulted with me before and after the surgery and were keen to ensure I was comfortable at all stages. The professor is certainly a hernia expert. My operation was a relatively long one (90 minutes) to repair significant damage and was completed at 18:30 in the evening. At 06:30 the following day I was dressed and moving around the room/ward. By noon, following a review by a senior nurse, I was discharged. Prior to the operation I had been suffering with a large stomach hernia for close on 20 years and having never even visited a hospital let alone had any kind of surgery or medication I reluctantly succumbed to the constant aches and pain. Following the operation I did not need any additional pain relief and whilst there was post operative discomfort, which had been explained to me, I was amazed how few issues for such major surgery I was experiencing. 4 weeks later and looking at the area of my body where the procedure took place you cannot see that anything has been done with the exception of two small 2cm red lines on my left hand side which have been reducing in size since the operation and I expect them to disappear in time. The post operative difference in how I have felt over the last 20 years is simply remarkable and difficult to describe. I would have no hesitation in recommending professor Sheen to anyone with a hernia.

Short link to review Mr Aali Sheen: http://iwgc.net/eeqnw