Mr Aali Sheen

20th April 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I had my surgery in September 2018 and wanted to wait to review to make sure everything is healed and give a more mid-term outcome. I was diagnosed with ACNES in 2013 and have been having injections every 3 – 6 months at pain management clinic. After 5 years the injections were no longer effective and I needed surgery. I found Professor Sheen whilst searching for a surgeon that would do Abdominal Nerve Entrapment Syndrome (ACNES) surgery. Having approached many surgeons in my area , none had heard of the condition let alone would consider operating. I first emailed his secretary who emailed back very quickly to tell me that yes he did treat ACNES patients. I made an appointment at BMI Alexandra. I was called in for my appointment a few minutes early and immediately felt welcome by Professor Sheen. We went through my history and, after a quick abdominal examination and questionnaire, he was confident that I did have ACNES and that surgery would potentially help (no surgery is guaranteed!) I decided to go to BMI Alexandra for this as it was more convenient and I wanted the surgery as soon as possible. I organised a date via Professor Sheen's secretary Arriving at BMI hospital I was greeted and taken to my room for the day. Professor Sheen and his anaesthetic team came to greet me and go through the operation and other checks. Waking up from the operation (I have had 5 previous abdominal operations) the pain was minimal. I believe he used local anaesthetic in and around the wound which made a massive difference. Within an hour I was able to have a drink and then later on was able to get up out of bed. Glue was used on the outer wound and this healed amazingly well and was incredibly neat. I returned to work two weeks later. I felt the benefit of the surgery a few weeks later once the wound itself had healed and inflammation had gone down. I returned to see Professor Sheen post operatively and we discussed that the surgery was successful at that time. So, six months after the operation I can still say the surgery has worked really well. My pain has reduced a lot and I am so glad I had the surgery. I get the occasional twinge of discomfort from the tissue but it doesn't require any pain medication or intervention. My scar has faded and isn't really noticeable unless looking for it! ACNES seems to be a difficult condition to treat and I am forever thankful to Professor Sheen and his team for helping me!

5th April 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

A couple of years ago, I was seen as a NHS patient at the MRI hospital in Manchester by Mr. Sheen. I had an incisional hernia which had started to cause me extreme pain and vomiting. It was not referred to as a 'strangulated' hernia but I knew it was becoming serious because of the symptoms. Whe you are seen by a Consultant on the NHS, it's very difficult to be seen by one which you prefer. But I persisted and finally got the one I had researched i.e. Mr. Sheen. His reviews online and a few patients I'd met at other times as an in-patient made it clear he was the best when it comes to Hernia Repairs. It did take 2 years of waiting, and in pain and discomfort, before he actually performed the op. but in my opinion it wasworth it to be seen by a Consultant who has such a good record where Hernias are concerned. Very happy with the treatment, surgery and recovery.

19th March 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

Mr Sheen was very personable and the outcome of my surgery was very positive. I would heartily recommend him

3rd March 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Professor Sheen re-sectioned my liver back in 2009 at M.R.I. I had recently had a bowel re-section, and a spot was discovered on my liver. he did this by key-hole surgery and my recoverty was rapid. I went on to have the iliosotomy from the bowel cancer reversed, and 10 years later I am well. Prof. Sheen was approachable with a lovely manner, as were his team. He gave me confidence to believe I would come through this, and I did! I am very grateful to him.

20th January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I travelled from Southern Spain because I needed to have a bilateral inguinal hernia repair, one of which was extremely large and causing me a lot of discomfort. I did lots of research beforehand as I had never had an operation before and I am 72 years of age. Professor Sheen had excellent reviews so I decided to book a consultation with him and from start to finish he put me at my ease. He was a good listener, answered all my questions and allayed any fears I had. I had the keyhole surgery at the Spire Hospital in Didsbury 4 weeks ago and even the day after the surgery I was able to go for a long walk. I suffered very little discomfort and no pain. I feel so much better. I would have no hesitation in recommending Professor Sheen and all his team at The Spire.

Short link to review Mr Aali Sheen: http://iwgc.net/eeqnw