Mr Aali Sheen

Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic
26th May 2020

Over the last 15 years I've had 2 groin disruption repairs at Gilmore's Groin and Hernia clinic. However, I was still experiencing chronic discomfort - especially after football, running, golfing, or cycling. I was told at Gilmore's that there were no tears and to have a series of injections, which I'd had before, and only masked the pain. I went to Prof Sheen, who sent me for an ultrasound scan. These confirmed that there were no tears but that I had 'bulging'. Prof Sheen then performed bilateral laparoscopic inguinal hernia repairs. I was in and out of the Fortius clinic within hours. Very quick, professional and friendly service. Unfortunately, one of the incisions became infected (which was worse than the operation!) but after 10 days of antibiotics all healed well. Just as Prof Sheen had predicted, I am now 95% good as new. Sadly, my footballing days are over but all other activities I have no discomfort or pain. With his calm and reassuring manor I would highly recommend Prof Sheen and the Fortius clinic to anyone else with a similar condition.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
4th March 2020

I have just had keyhole surgery at the spire in Cheshire preformed by top surgeon professor Aali Sheen. From my first appointment with Professor Sheen i felt at ease. He came across to me as a real down to earth guy, clearly informing me on the proceedure which was keyhole surgery to repair the hernia in my groin that i had suffered with for around 4 years. Six week on from the operation and i am back to normal out hillwalking at the weekends and not being in pain as i was in the past. I can't thank Professor Sheen enough for his professionalism, skill and care. I would highly recomend. Kind Regards P A King.

Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic
21st January 2020

I had a left inguinal hernia repair laparoscopically performed under general anaesthetic by Prof. Aali Sheen at the Fortius Clinic in London. My lasting impression of Prof. Sheen will be of a surgeon with the ability to listen, allay fears, professionalism, compassion and above all an incredible skill at what he does I experienced very little post operative discomfort and only a little pain when getting out of bed. Nothing that OTC analgesics did not handle. This subsided with no further pain or discomfort after 3 or 4 days and has not recurred. I can not thank Prof.Sheen enough and have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him as a first rate surgeon. JL

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
18th September 2019

Professor Sheen is a fantastic surgeon. He is one of the World's top keyhole hernia surgeons, sitting on the council of the UK hernia society and operating on many elite athletes including Premiership footballers. As a doctor myself I was able to perform extensive research into who was best placed to perform my surgery. I chose Professor Sheen not only for his hernia expertise but also because his day job involves incredibly complex cancer cases at which he is a nationally leading surgeon. The mix of expertise in hernias combined with the ability to routinely tackle incredibly complex cases made him perfect to perform my surgery. Upon meeting him I was completely comfortable I had made the right choice. He is a genuine and reassuring man who I would recommend to anyone.

Short link to review Mr Aali Sheen: http://iwgc.net/eeqnw