mr-aakshay-gulati

16th August 2021

I was referred to Mr Gulati by my existing dentist and also BUPA for the removal of my two lower impacted wisdom teeth. He was extremely helpful and reassuring during the consultation. On the morning of the procedure he met with me, was friendly and again reassuring settling nerves I had. Following the removal of the teeth he came to check on me and see how I was doing and was very professional and thorough at the sign off appointment weeks later. Highly recommend Mr Gulati

8th August 2021

I was referred to Mr Gulati from my ENT Consultant for possible oral issues with my teeth affecting my sinuses. Mr Gulati was extremely explanatory in regard to my whole experience. I felt totally assured with his findings and found Mr Gulati to be very thorough throughout my treatment. I would highly recommend Mr Gulati and found him very pleasant, easy to understand, was clear and precise and very professional.

16th July 2021

While attending my Dental check-up my Dentist recommended I should seek advice regarding a lesion on the inside of my cheek and was referred to Mr Gulati. I very quickly got an appointment. After a thorough examination Mr Gulati recommended that the lesion be removed. He very patiently explained the procedure answered my questions and provided literature about the treatment. The treatment was initially booked for early January 2021 but because of the Covid lockdown I preferred to delay it until fully vaccinated. I checked if this was acceptable and although Mr Gulati was on leave he still reviewed my notes and confirmed that was fine. On the day of my treatment I was extremely nervous but Mr Gulati again explained the procedure, was very reassuring and carried out the procedure very quickly and efficiently and with some humour to keep me relaxed. The healing process was exactly as Mr Gulati explained, no problems experienced. I found the facilities of KIMS Hospital excellent and I would definitely recommend Mr Gulati for his skill and patient care

Written by a private patient at The Mcindoe Centre
16th July 2021

I was recently referred by my Dentist because of a potentially suspicious lesion on my tongue. I was able to quickly get an appointment with Dr Gulati and, very quickly after, undergo a procedure to remove it. In terms of speed, reassurance, clinical practise and all-round facilities I could not have asked for more. Dr Gulati might not want this advertised but I had some concerns after the procedure that involved going back to the hospital for a check on a Bank Holiday and he was available for telephone consultation even then.

29th March 2021

I recently had an impacted wisdom tooth removed and the care I received from Mr Gulati was exceptional. At my initial consultation and examination, comprehensive information about the surgical procedure and aftercare enabled me to make a well-informed decision. I was provided with a range of literature providing additional information and my questions were all answered. On the morning of the surgery, Mr Gulati visited me to reiterate the key information and answer any last minute questions. Following the surgery, Mr Gulati explained how the procedure had gone and provided details of the actions I needed to take to aid the recovery process. In summary, Mr Gulati is a fantastic surgeon and I did not experience any post-operative problems. I received excellent patient care at every stage and I would also like to extend my gratitude to the wider medical team at KIMS Hospital.

Mr Gulati has been appointed as Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the East Kent University Hospitals NHS Trust with a specialist interest in head and neck oncology and reconstruction. Mr Gulati is a dually qualified Surgeon in both dental (1996) and medical (2006) qualifications. He completed his higher surgical training in oral & maxillofacial surgery in the South Coast of England and was subsequently selected for the coveted Head & Neck Interface Fellowship. He has undertaken advanced dental implant training in South Africa, USA and the United Kingdom. He has been placing implants since 2004 including undertaking complex cases requiring bone grafts and sinus lifts. With his extensive surgical background, he is well versed with all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery including facial aesthetics and implant dentistry. Mr Gulati is an executive officer for the European Association for Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery and a reviewer for the Journal of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery. He has publications in peer reviewed journals and presentations at national and international conferences to his credit. He also enjoys teaching and regularly lectures in the fields of oral & maxillofacial surgery and implantology. He was awarded the Leibinger Prize in 2012.

Nearest Oral and maxillofacial surgeons