Miss Valerie Nunez

Miss Nuñez is a Consultant Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon with expertise in all aspects of hand and wrist clinical diagnoses and surgery. She completed her specialist surgical orthopaedic training on the South West London rotation after which she completed three sub-specialty plastic surgery Hand Fellowships @ The Hand Clinic, Windsor, St George's Hospital and The Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead. She has published a number of papers in peer reviewed journals and presented at international meetings in Europe and abroad. She is a keen educator and has travelled internationally to establish sub specialty training and educational courses in El Salvador and Sudan. She was elected as Chairman of the Hand & Wrist Faculty of the AOUK Trauma society in 2014, and is an invited International member of the Hand Expert Group of the AOTK Trauma Foundation based in Switzerland since 2016. Her specialist clinical interests include: Injuries and Fractures of the Hand & Wrist Arthritis Treatment including finger joint replacements Carpal & Cubital Tunnel Syndrome Trigger fingers Keyhole surgery of the wrist and base of the thumb Dupuytren's Disease and Contractures including minimally invasive procedures

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

19th April 2018
Written by a patient at Fleet Community Hospital

I could not have wished for a more caring, attentive and professional consultant than Miss Valerie Nunez when I saw her regarding carpel tunnel issues. She immediately made me feel very comfortable and I was able to tell her the history of my problem and she in turn went over the treatment I would receive in a very friendly and easy manner. I quite honestly believe the way I was received and treated could not be bettered.

16th April 2018
Written by a patient at Frimley Park Hospital

Miss Nunez is a very friendly, polite and understanding doctor. Her caring nature and ability to listen, really listen, all helps to build trust and reassurance. The main reason I like going to Miss Nunez is I can talk and am given the time to explain. I have never felt intimidating.

24th March 2018
Written by a patient at Frimley Park Hospital

Miss Nunez quickly set me at ease and established a good rapport. She reviewed my case with due diligence whilst allowing me to explain my experience in my own words. When explaining the medical aspects she was not condescending despite my clear lack of medical knowledge. Miss Nunez provided her suggested course of action with clarity and backed up her opinions by highlighting parts of X-ray photographs and MRI scans in a manner understandable to a member of the public. She answered all my questions regarding future possible actions and non-action and the potential risks associated with each. A course of action was agreed amicably between surgeon and I (as patient). Throughout the consultation, Miss Nunez was polite and patient whilst being professional at all times.

22nd March 2018
Written by a patient at Frimley Park Hospital

A very freindly and personable Consultant. I felt at ease throughout the consultation, and she explained to me what procedures would need to be carried ou

Short link to review Miss Valerie Nunez: http://iwgc.net/eelbo