Miss Susan Clark

19th March 2017
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

The most skilled and knowledgeable surgeon I've ever had. I have a complicated history of failed j pouch (ileostomy reversal) surgeries (done by another surgeon at a different hospital) . My recent surgery in particular was immensely emotional and stressful because of my history. The night before, Prof Clark came to see me and explained what she was intending to do, and also gave me another option because she totally understood my concerns. Many surgeons in my experience are very detached from their patients. Prof Clark isn't. She's very straight forward and to the point but she talks to you with respect and totally understands the wider impact of your illness and surgery and advises and explains honestly. I would never want any other surgeon operating on me. I trust her completely and feel very safe in her care. And I would strongly recommend her to anyone requiring colorectal surgery.

13th September 2016
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

Prof Clarke is a very competent surgeon and has helped me gain my life back. She has completed surgery my local hospital and medical care team would not take on! If you like the softly softly approach then this Dr maybe isn't one you will warm to, she is very through and to the point, I guess no point in avoiding the inevitable. Having had several appointments and surgeries with her I have grown fond of her and find that she is much easier to talk to as I know I'll get a straight answer. I believe she is revered at St. marks and her contemporaries hold her in awe, and are somewhat afraid to disappoint her high standards. All in all, I would happily undergo surgery (if needed) under the care of Prof. Clarke again and would recommend anyone

23rd June 2014
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

I have been referred to St. Marks due to ongoing problems with my pouch and Professor Sue Clark listened to my problems and will be carry out checks to see if they can help find a solution. She was honest and told me my options if no solution can be found.

9th June 2014
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

I was extremely impressed with the appointment I recently had with Prof Sue Clark. It is the first time I have met her. She took an extensive medical history, which almost every doctor doesn't do. She went through every test I have had in recent years and talked to me about the results (most doctors fail to even give you outstanding results unless you ask). She listened to what I had to say. She explained everything to me. She answered every question I had and spoke to me like an intelligent adult, without diluting the content of what she was saying. She seemed extremely knowledgeable. She recorded the letters she was going to send out on a dicta phone whilst I was still there, I think to ensure all the content of the appointment was covered - this is excellent as I have always thought that doctors forget things when doing this after an appointment. She had a logical approach to the whole process - medical history, results of tests, symptoms, conclusions. I can honestly say it was an extremely refreshing experience seeing Prof Sue Clark. Doctors like this are a rare breed from what I have experienced. St Marks would do well to keep her happy and pay her well as not to lose her to another hospital! If she is going to receive feedback from this form, I would like to thank her immensely!!! Benjamin Davey

15th May 2014
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

Prof Clark was clearly experienced with my particular surgery and this inspired confidence. She was factual, detailed and to the point, giving me information that I needed to help me make my decision.

Short link to review Miss Susan Clark: http://iwgc.net/eea6q