Miss Susan Clark

1st February 2018
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

I was referred to Professor Clark due to my family history of bowel cancer, with every generation affected on my paternal side but with all genetic tests coming back wirh nothing. Having had a number of polyps removed under the care of another doctor in a different hospital, the genetics team wanted my case looked into further by attending clinic. Professor Clark has an excellent communication manner. She didn’t patronise, was thorough, gave more time to me than expected and I was not rushed at all, even though clinic was running late due to a complicated case meaning her and all her team were late to go home that day. As the last patient there, I was cared for as if I was the first seen in the day. She listened carefully to my concerns, read all the history carefully, went out of her way to offer advice not only to me but also my family, by offering to set up links between Australia and USA (where my sisters live). I was referred to her SPS team and my experience so far is that they are very easy to get hold of by phone and email, responsive, efficient, proactive and very helpful, as well as kind in tone. I am now transferring over to Prifessir Clark and feel so grateful to be under her care. Having had a family history of missed polyps leading to death, I feel in very safe hands.

30th November 2017
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

Prof Sue Clark is a world class doctor with a phenomenal brain who is kind, considerate and trust-inducing. I felt privileged to be able to see her and I couldn’t recommend her more highly. I feel I am in the very best hands I could possiybe in and am so grateful for the wonderful facility at St Marks Hospital where she leads the polyposis clinic.

19th March 2017
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

The most skilled and knowledgeable surgeon I've ever had. I have a complicated history of failed j pouch (ileostomy reversal) surgeries (done by another surgeon at a different hospital) . My recent surgery in particular was immensely emotional and stressful because of my history. The night before, Prof Clark came to see me and explained what she was intending to do, and also gave me another option because she totally understood my concerns. Many surgeons in my experience are very detached from their patients. Prof Clark isn't. She's very straight forward and to the point but she talks to you with respect and totally understands the wider impact of your illness and surgery and advises and explains honestly. I would never want any other surgeon operating on me. I trust her completely and feel very safe in her care. And I would strongly recommend her to anyone requiring colorectal surgery.

13th September 2016
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

Prof Clarke is a very competent surgeon and has helped me gain my life back. She has completed surgery my local hospital and medical care team would not take on! If you like the softly softly approach then this Dr maybe isn't one you will warm to, she is very through and to the point, I guess no point in avoiding the inevitable. Having had several appointments and surgeries with her I have grown fond of her and find that she is much easier to talk to as I know I'll get a straight answer. I believe she is revered at St. marks and her contemporaries hold her in awe, and are somewhat afraid to disappoint her high standards. All in all, I would happily undergo surgery (if needed) under the care of Prof. Clarke again and would recommend anyone

23rd June 2014
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

I have been referred to St. Marks due to ongoing problems with my pouch and Professor Sue Clark listened to my problems and will be carry out checks to see if they can help find a solution. She was honest and told me my options if no solution can be found.

Short link to review Miss Susan Clark: http://iwgc.net/eea6q