miss-sophie-helme

21st January 2021

I saw Miss Helme in March 2020 for a breast consultation. I had become increasingly upset with the appearance of my boobs over the years and to add to this one was a lot larger than the other. It had been affecting my mood and everything I wore was chosen to hide my chest the best I could. Miss Helme recommended a mastopexy, she thoroughly explained what this would entail with diagrams and simple explanations. She saw me again one week prior to the surgery to go through it all and again on the day of surgery. Miss Helme was so thorough with explaining the operation and the after care that I felt fully informed and very relaxed. When I went to theatre for my surgery I was not worried or nervous at all. I am now 8 weeks post maatopexy and I am so in love with my boobs. Miss Helme has done an outstanding job, she really is the best of the best. In between my first consultation and surgery one of my areolas suddenly became very visibly indented. I called Dina, Miss Helmes amazing PA, who got me seen very quickly and as a result I had a scan the same week. This really was fantastic care. Miss Helme has called me at home pre op and she called the hospital to check on me when I was an inpatient after she herself had gone home. Miss Helme is caring, thorough, empathetic, approachable and extremely skillfull/talented. I would 100% recommend seeing Miss Helme whether it was for medical reasons or cosmetic.

19th January 2021

I appreciated on the diagnosis of breast cancer, Dr Helme explaining everything in detail. Her manner was one of warmth and kindness. She performed two operations in relatively quick succession ensuring that the cancer was all removed. She also liaised with other professionals to ensure that as from December 2020 I am now cancer-free. Thank you

14th December 2020

First-class service from my initial consultation with Miss Helme Miss Helme fully detailed and explained all possible options to myself and my husband, through my diagnosis and surgeries. At all times we were kept informed. I was also offered the services of a breast cancer nurse who was all very supportive if I had any questions and concerns.

30th November 2020

For many years I had wanted a breast reduction as my bust size was totally disproportionate to the rest of my figure. Because of the nature of the operation I particularly wanted a female surgeon. My first point of contact was with Miss Helme’s PA - Dina. She was very kind, efficient and helpful on the phone and this gave me the courage to continue with a consultation. In Miss Helme I found a caring and understanding surgeon who explained the procedure and aftercare very thoroughly. After my surgery I stayed in one night with Miss Helme phoning the nursing staff to check how I was and visiting me the next morning to check how I was prior to me going home. The healing process was excellent and I feel sure that this was due to the superb surgical skills of Miss Helme and the aftercare I received. I am now one year post operation and it is has really changed my life as I no longer feel self conscious and my shoulder/back pain is so much better. After years of wishing for a smaller bust I now have this and I couldn’t be more delighted. I would thoroughly recommend this operation to anyone who has suffered the pain and embarrassment of a larger bust and I know you will receive the same exemplary care that I did from Miss Helme.

11th November 2020

I went to see Miss Helme in the summer of 2019 to discuss a breast reduction operation. I had done quite a bit of research already and spoken to a a few surgeons before talking to and meeting with Miss Helme. She immediately understood the reasons for my breast reduction and explained the procedure and aftercare quite thoroughly. I was also given some useful information to read and digest before making the final decision to proceed with the operation in November 2019. I was reassured and looked after by Miss Helme and the team at Spire Portsmouth very well pre-operation, during the operation and my stay in the hospital, and post-operation. There was a follow up with Miss Helme before Lockdown and a telephone follow up in the summer. My final visit was almost a year after the operation. I am delighted with the result. My back and neck pain have gone. My posture is improved. I am able to do sport without pain or discomfort, particularly sailing. I have more confidence and more importantly, my body now looks in proportion. Miss Helme has done an amazing job and I cannot thank her enough. I also know that if I ever have any issues or problems in the future, all I need to do is pick up the phone and know that I will be looked after. Behind the scenes, Miss Helme has an amazing PA - Dina, who is thoughtful, caring and attentive on the phone and very efficient!

I understand the anxiety and emotional stresses breast problems can cause. I therefore centre my practice around listening to patient's concerns, addressing and investigating them if necessary and providing a clear and individualised solution. I aspire to do this is a friendly, open and sympathetic setting so that my patients really feel that they have had had a chance to be listened to. I have had somewhat unusual training as I received specialist fellowship training in both oncoplastic breast surgery as well as cosmetic surgery. I use this training to individually tailor my approach for breast operations. I was awarded the Gold medal for excellence for my FRCS surgical examinations for achieving the highest mark nationally in 2012. I have worked as a consultant breast and endocrine surgeon at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth since 2015 which has one of the busiest breast units in the country.

Short link to review Miss Sophie Helme: http://iwgc.net/egk2v