Miss Shohista Saidkasimova

• Ophthalmology

14th December 2017
Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

A charming surgeon at the top of her game. The whole team were brilliant on my first visit for a detached Retina and second for subsequent Cataracts. Absolutely first class.

29th December 2016
Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

I was sent to Miss Saidkasimova by my original consultant and found her direct, of strong opinions, and also as moments allowed charming, so one felt noticed and thus made comfortable. She is very thorough, and clearly very knowledgeable. I would trust her totally and am privileged to have come under her care.

17th July 2015
Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Following a relatively insignificant blow to the head, I suffered a bleed in my right eye. I was examined at Norfolk and Norwich University Hispital and referred to Miss Saidkasimova whi diagnosed a Posterior Vitreous Detatchment (PVD) with two small retinal tears. She carried out laser surgery later the same day after her clinics were complete. Unfortunately as the detatchment progessed a third tear developed and my vision was completely obsured. A Vitrectomy was then carried out and my vision was completely restored within a fortnight of surgery. Due to the physiological effects of the surgery, it is inevitable that a cataract will develop at some stage in the future and this will require further treatment to replace the lens in the eye. Miss Saidkasimova was very direct in explaining my options, have the surgery or accept that I would be permanently blind in my right eye as the retinal tear would lead to a retinal detachment. I appreciate a consultant who doesn't try to soften the blow and informs you quite bluntly what your options are and gives a realistic estimate of the risks involved in following a programme of treatment, or leaving things to heal naturally, if at all. Miss Saidkasimova is clearly very knowledgeable and skilled in her speciality of dealing with retinal problems. She won't waste your or her time discussing worthless courses of treatment and is very blunt about the risks of treatment or otherwise. She might come across as a bit abrupt at times, but she knows her stuff and is a skilled surgeon. If and when I require further surgery for a cataract, I will be happy for her to perform the surgery.

17th June 2015

We have nothing but praise for Miss Saidkasimova,she is totally focused and a very professional person.

2nd January 2015

Shohista really is totally dedicated in the field of retinal surgery-we complete confidence in her. We still have a way to go but we will get there with her tremendous knowledge and expertise.

Nearest Ophthalmologists